Being a flight attendant is one of the wonderful jobs in the global aviation industry because it provides you with the opportunity to travel and earn at the same time.
The aviation industry is growing day by day with the introduction of new airline companies and the addition of aircraft to the existing airlines.
With that, the demand for pilots, engineers, flight attendants, ground staff, and flight operations officers is also growing.
If your aim is to become a flight attendant, we have presented this informative article focusing on how to become an Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant.
Before knowing the requirements and processes to join the Avelo flight attendant position, let’s find out some basic information about Avelo Airlines.
Table of Contents
- About Avelo Airlines
- How to become an Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant?
- Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
- Avelo Flight Attendant Selection Process
- Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Training
- Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Job Description
- Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
- Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
- Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions
- Some Frequently Asked Questions
About Avelo Airlines
The history of Avelo Airlines began with Casino Express Airlines and the name was changed to Xtra Airways later. The latest name ‘Avelo Airlines’ was officially declared on April 28, 2021. Avelo is an ultra-low-cost airline with its headquarter in Houston, Texas.
The airline flies to various destinations in the United States including cities from Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
The flights are operated from two major bases in Burbank and New Haven.
- Hollywood Burbank Airport
- Tweed-New Haven Regional Airport
Talking about the fleet details, Avelo Airlines operates its flight with 3 Boeing 737-700 and 3 Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Besides, the airline has ordered 3 additional Boeing 737-800.
How to become an Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant?
To become an Avelo Flight Attendant, you need to fulfil various requirements set by the airline and then apply whenever vacancies arrive.
Vacancies for flight attendants are posted on the airline’s official website. You need to visit the website frequently to find any active opportunities and then apply online.
Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
Flight Attendant is not an easy job as it requires various qualifications including physical, educational, personality, language proficiency, customer service experience and much more.
Avelo Airlines has its own set of requirements that the applying candidates must meet to apply for the flight attendant position.
- The minimum qualifications required for the Avelo Flight Attendant are listed below.
- The minimum required age is 21 years
- High School Diploma, College Degree or equivalent level of education is required
- The minimum height of the candidate must be 5 feet without shoes
- The maximum height is 6 feet 3 inches without shoes
- Applicants must possess a neat, well-groomed and professional image
- The vision requirement is at least 20/40 with glasses or contact lenses
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds from ground to waist as a part of the physical requirement
- Applicants must not possess visible tattoos
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods onboard and in airports
- Applicants must be willing to work at any base as per the airline’s requirement
- Applicants must have a proven record of reliability and attendance
- The valid U.S. Passport is necessary
- Fluency in English is a must
- Must hold legal right to accept employment in the United States without restriction and to travel worldwide
- Any Customer Service Experience is a plus point
Avelo Flight Attendant Selection Process
You are required to go through various steps to become an Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant.
- First of all, you need to find active vacancies on the airline’s official website. If there is any available, you need to apply online with a resume, photo, and other required documents.
- After careful review and analysis, the airline recruitment division will shortlist candidates and contact them for examinations that may include video interviews, phone interviews, online interviews, group interviews and one-on-one interviews.
- If you manage to pass the tests, you are eligible for joining the initial flight attendant training.
- After completion of training, you will finally become the flight attendant for Avelo Airlines.
Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Training
Avelo Airlines is a newcomer to the aviation industry and is constantly hiring new members including pilots, engineers, flight attendants and other staff.
Those candidates selected for the flight attendant job are required to complete the initial flight attendant training provided by the airlines.
The flight training is all about providing in-flight service experience, emergency handling skills, fire-fighting skills, aircraft familiarization, aviation product knowledge, airline policy, regulations, flight safety and many other dimensions of the aviation industry.
Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Job Description
As an Avelo Flight Attendant, you need to maintain the following requirements.
- Flight Attendants must present customer loyalty and brand value of Avelo Airlines
- Avelo is a low-cost airline but doesn’t compromise on a greater customer experience. Flight Attendants are required to maintain this identity.
- Flight Safety is the major focus of Avelo Airlines and the Flight Attendants must work with other airline staff to execute safe flights.
- You need to enable safety for Avelo customers from boarding to deplaning
- Every customer must be treated equally with kindness and respect
- Flight Attendants must focus on offering genuine customer service
- Safety on board and around the aircraft must be maintained with communication, continuous awareness and attention to all details and dimensions
Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
Want to become Flight Attendant for other airlines in the United States? If yes, do visit the following articles.
How to become a Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a Silver Airways Flight Attendant?
Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
Flight Attendants at Avelo Airlines are expected to earn an average of $22 per hour. This pay scale can range from $10 to $22 per hour depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions
Some important questions asked during the Flight Attendant Interview are listed below.
- Tell us about yourself?
- Why do you want to work for Avelo Airlines?
- Have you worked as a flight attendant for other airlines before?
- What does it take to become a flight attendant?
- Why do you think you are an eligible candidate for this post?
- What are your language proficiencies? Do you speak multiple languages?
- What strategies do you implement when dealing with angry or upset customers?
- Do you prefer to work on a team or independently?
- How do you handle stress and focus on your duty?
- Are you flexible with hectic work schedules?
- Are you aware of our ideology, policy and services?
- What are the first things you would do in an emergency situation during a flight?
- What was our favourite flight experience?
- What are your customer service strengths?
- Do you feel comfortable in new environments and situations?
- How do you believe our airline stands out from our competitors?
Some Frequently Asked Questions
How much do Avelo Flight Attendants make?
Avelo Airlines flight attendants are expected to make an average of $22 per hour. This pay scale can range from $10 to $22 per hour depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Where is Avelo Airlines based?
Avelo Airlines is based in Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) known as West Coast Base and also operates flights from Tweed-Haven Airport (HVN) as a part of East Coast Base.
How many employees does Avelo have?
As per the latest statistics, there are over 300 employees working for Avelo Airlines and this number is increasing with new recruitment.
What plane does Avelo fly?
Avelo Airlines operates flights with 3 Boeing 737-700 and 3 Boeing 737-800 aircraft.