Flight Attendant is one of the interesting jobs in the aviation industry as it allows you to travel to various destinations across the globe and earn a good income.
If you are an aviation or travel enthusiast, a flight attendant job is the best one. You will never feel disappointed with the job.
You can apply to various airlines for flight attendant jobs in the United States. In this article, we will particularly focus on becoming a Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant.
Also, we have posted articles on becoming flight attendants for other airlines in the United States which you can find in the links mentioned somewhere at the end of this post.
Without further ado, let’s get into our main topic by exploring some basic information on Frontier Airlines.
Table of Contents
- About Frontier Airlines
- How to become a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines?
- Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
- Processes to become flight attendant
- Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Initial Flight Training
- Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions
- Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
- Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Tattoo Policy
- Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
- Benefits and Perks for Frontier Airlines Flight Attendants
- Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is known as an ultra-low-cost carrier which operates flights to various domestic and international destinations. The airline headquartered in Denver, Colorado is a subsidiary and operating brand of Indigo Partners.
Frontier operates flights to more than 100 destinations across the United States and 31 international regions from its base at Denver International Airport.
Talking about the fleet details, Frontier Airlines conducts flights with all Airbus manufactured aircraft. At present, the airline is operating with 17 Airbus A320-200, 72 Airbus A320neo and 21 Airbus A321-200.
Besides, Frontier has ordered 76 Airbus A320neo, 168 Airbus A321neo and Airbus A321XLR. The deliveries are expected to begin in 2022.
How to become a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines hire flight attendants to maintain easy, smooth, comfortable and affordable travel. As per the airline, their flight attendants are the heart and the best ambassadors.
So, what does it take to become a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines?
Well, you need to fulfil certain requirements and go through various assessments to successfully become a Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant.
Let’s find out the basic requirements.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements to apply for Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant job.
- When applying, applicants must be at least 20 years old
- High School Diploma or GED level education is required
- Applicants must hold legal authorization to work in the United States
- A valid passport is compulsory with at least 6 months of validity
- Applicants must be willing to relocate at different bases
- No visible tattoos are allowed
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Multiple Language Proficiency is a plus point
- Must fulfil all physical requirements
- Applicants must be able to fasten a four-point jump seat harness without the use of extension devices
Processes to become flight attendant
Following are the steps you need to follow to become a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines.
- First of all, you need to find active vacancies on the airline’s official website. Then, you are required to submit a resume and some basic information online.
- After submitting your resume, you will receive a link in your email that will take you to a short assessment. This is done to discover some basic information about you.
- The airline hiring officials will analyze your application and if you get selected, they will set a video interview to know more about you, your proficiency and your experience. You can use any device such as mobile phone, laptop, tablet or desktop computer to appear 15-20 minutes long video interview.
- If you manage to pass the video interview, you are now eligible for an in-person interview. The airline will invite you for an in-person hiring event in which you are required to dress professionally and perform better.
- As you manage to pass the in-person interview, you will be selected for the 3 ½ weeks Frontier Airlines Initial Flight Attendant training program.
- After successful completion of training, you will officially become a Frontier Airlines flight attendant.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Initial Flight Training
The selected candidates from the in-person interview will go through a 3 ½ week initial flight attendant training program at the airline’s facility in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
This training program is conducted to provide aircraft familiarization, emergency techniques, safety practices, airline policies, standard operation procedures and various other aspects for becoming a perfect flight attendant.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions
Following are the most common questions asked during interview exams for Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant.
- Tell us about yourself?
- What can you describe Frontier Airlines?
- Why did you choose to apply for Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant?
- Why should Frontier Airlines consider hiring you?
- Do you know the Frontiers Mission statement?
- What motivates you and where do you see yourself in five years period?
- What is your greatest strength and weakness?
- How do you define excellent customer service?
- Have you ever dealt with an upset customer? If yes, how did you handle it?
- Will you relocate according to Frontier’s requirements?
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Tattoo Policy
Frontier Airlines prohibits visible tattoos while wearing the flight attendant uniform. Also, the airline doesn’t allow tattoos if covered by bandages, jewellery, makeup or clothing.
In short, the airline restricts tattoos in areas (the face, neck, hands and wrists) normally visible while wearing the airline’s uniform.
Want to become Flight Attendant for other airlines in the United States? Read the following articles.
How to become a Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a Silver Airways Flight Attendant?
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
Flight Attendants at Frontier Airlines are expected to earn almost $35,273 yearly which is 6 per cent above the United States national average.
Talking about the hourly rate, Frontier Airlines offers an average pay of $23 per hour. The hourly rate can range from $6 to $66 depending upon various factors such as experience and seniority level.
Besides basic salary, flight attendants at Frontier Airlines enjoy various perks and benefits.
Benefits and Perks for Frontier Airlines Flight Attendants
- Flight Attendants receive medical, vision and dental insurance.
- 401k plan is offered to plan a better future.
- Flight Attendants can enjoy a lot with paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
- They will also receive various discounts across the travel industry.
- Frontier Airlines provides flight benefits for flight attendants and their families. Also, flight attendants can acquire guest passes for their friends.
- Flight Attendants also get the opportunity to progress their careers.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
Frontier Airlines requires flight attendants to work from different bases and relocate if necessary. Here are the current Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant bases.
- Denver International Airport, Colorado
- Harry Reid International Airport, Las Vegas
- Orlando International Airport, Downtown Orlando
- Miami International Airport, Miami area
- Tampa International Airport, Downtown Tampa
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport, Chicago
- Philadelphia International Airport, Pennsylvania
- Trenton-Mercer Airport, New Jersey
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much do flight attendants make Frontier?
At Frontier Airlines, flight attendants are expected to make almost $35,273 yearly which is 6 per cent above the United States national average. On average, they earn $23 per hour and it can range from $6 to $66 per hour.
Does Frontier pay for Flight Attendant Training
The initial flight attendant training provided by Frontier Airlines is unpaid.
How long is Frontier Flight Attendant Training?
The initial flight attendant training program offered by Frontier Airlines is conducted for 3 and half weeks at the airline’s facility in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Is Frontier Airlines a good airline to work for?
Frontier Airlines is a low-cost carrier and it has established a good relationship with customers. So, it is a good airline to work for as you as a flight attendant can enjoy various benefits and perks.