United Airlines is among the major airlines in the United States with its headquarters at Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois. The airline flies to 230+ domestic destinations and 118 international routes across the globe with 800+ aircraft.
Explore What terminal is United Airlines in Dulles Airport (IAD)?
United operates from 8 primary hubs located at different airports across the country. Chicago-O’Hare (ORD), Denver (DEN), Guam (GUM), Houston/George Bush (IAH), Los Angeles Int’l (LAX), Newark Liberty (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), and Washington Dulles (IAD) are the primary hubs for United.
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is one of the main hubs for United. Let’s explore ‘What Terminal is United Airlines at Dulles?’ with a terminal map, arrival/departure terminal, amenities, and much more.
Table of Contents
What Terminal is United Airlines in Dulles Airport?
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is one of the major airports in the DC area located 26 miles west of downtown Washington in the Eastern United States. It is commonly known as Dulles Airport, Dulles International Airport, Washington Dulles or Dulles. IAD covers a total area of 13,000 acres and is one of the biggest airports in the DC area.
IAD is equipped with the main terminal and two parallel midfield terminal infrastructures. The main terminal consists of five of the original gates whereas the two parallel midfield terminal buildings accommodate Concourse A (19 Gates)/Concourse B (29 Gates), and Concourse C (24 Gates)/Concourse D (25 Gates) respectively. Besides, there is also a Concourse Z located near the main terminal with 4 gates.
United Airlines operates from Main Terminal Building (Concourse Z), Concourse A, Concourse C, and Concourse D.
|UNITED AIRLINES TERMINAL/CONCOURSE||GATES|
|Main Terminal (Concourse Z)||Z6 – Z10|
|Concourse A||A1 – A5|
|Concourse C||C1 – C14|
C17 – C28
|Concourse D||D1 — D16|
D18 – D32
Traveling with your pets via United flights?
Please go through United Airlines Pet Policy to travel safely with your furry friend.
Ground Transporation Facility at Dulles Airport
- Ride Apps – Services including Uber, Lyft and ALTO are offered at IAD Airport. The dedicated pick-up curbs for these app-based ride services are located on the lowest level of the airport.
- Rental Cars – A total of 9 car rental companies offer rental services at IAD Airport. Free shuttle buses are operated by each rental car company that takes customers between the rental car facility and the Terminal.
- Silver Line Metrorail – Silver Line Metro station at Dulles is connected to the main terminal by an indoor pedestrian tunnel with moving sidewalks.
- Sedan and Limousine Services – Authorized sedan or limousine services are available at IAD Airport. Pre-Arranged reservations are required for pick-up.
- Private Pick-Up – Private vehicle pick-up is located outside the Main Terminal on the Arrivals Level.
- Other public transportation including intercity bus, Fairfax Connector, and bus service connecting Charlottesville, Virginia with Dulles Airport and Union Station in Washington, DC.
United Airlines Terminal Facilities at Dulles Airport
- Kiosk Check-in/Customer Service Center
- Baggage Claim
- Animal Relief Area
- United Polaris Lounge
- United Club Location
- United Premier Check-in
- Nursing Room
- TSA Pre-screening Program
- Shuttle Service includes bus, monorail, and train transport.
United Airlines Dulles Airport Departures
All United Airlines Departure Flights are handled from Concourses A, C, D, and Z. Your departure details including gate information are available on your ticket.
United Airlines Dulles Airport Arrivals
Like Departures, all United Airlines arrival flights are operated from Concourses A, C, D, and Z. The status of your arrival flight can be found on the boarding pass, the official website of the airline, and the airport. Baggage claim for United Airlines arrivals is located in the lower level of Terminals.
United Airlines Dulles Airport Lounge
You can find both United Polaris Lounge, and United Club locations at Washington Dulles Airport. These airport lounge services offer various amenities to eligible passengers.
United Polaris Lounge at IAD
United Airlines offers United Polaris Lounge which is popularly known as the international premium cabin travel experience.
At Dulles Airport, you will find United Airlines Polaris Lounge near Gate C17 (Concourse) which is available to international premium cabin travelers. Amenities offered by the United Airlines Polaris Lounge at IAD are listed below.
- Pre-flight dining option with an extensive buffet (Hot and Cold Selections)
- Dining with table service.
- Beverage of your choice that includes specially curated wines, premium spirits, craft brews, and handcrafted cocktails.
- Spa-like Shower Suites
- Tucked-away Quiet Suites
- Daybeds and Soft Lighting
United Club at IAD Airport
In addition to the United Polaris Lounge, you will find three United Club locations (Near Gate C1, Near Gate C17, and Near Gate D1). This club allows you to relax while you wait for your flight with United Airlines. To access this club, you need to purchase a membership.
The main amenities offered by the United Club at Dulles Airport include:
- Breakfast and Afternoon Snacks
- Beverages include wine, spirits, and select beer.
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Personalized Travel Assistance
Where do I park at Dulles for United Airlines?
There are various parking lots available at Dulles Airports where United passengers can park their vehicles. The available parking spaces include Terminal Lot, Economy Lot, Garage 1, and Garage 2 Parking. Customers can reserve, or book their parking spaces online.
|Terminal Parking||$6 per hour|
Max. $27 per day (24-hour period)
|Economy Lot||Max. $12 per day (24-hour period)|
|Parking Garage 1||$6 per hour|
Max. $19 per day (24-hour period)
|Parking Garage 2||$6 per hour|
Max. $19 per day (24-hour period)
Car Rental Facility at Dulles Airport
IAD airport houses 9 car rental providers located on-site including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Sixt, and Thrifty. These companies provide free shuttle bus services connecting passengers between the rental car facility, and the IAD Terminals.
Passengers arriving at IAD Airport are required to contact the rental car provider directly to make or change a reservation.
Tips for Picking up Rental Car
- Exit from the Terminal Baggage Claim Level by going down the ramp towards Door 2 and 4.
- Rental car shuttle buses are available for pick up at either Curb 2C or Curb 2D.
- It’s important to note that certain rental car brands share buses, such as Enterprise/National/Alamo and Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty. (Please make sure to identify your specific brand before boarding the bus.)
Tips for Returning Car
- Please follow the signs along the airport roadway to reach the Rental Car Return area. All rental car lots can be found on Autopilot Drive.
- Once you have returned your rental car, you can take advantage of your rental company’s complimentary shuttle bus service to reach the Terminal.
If you are an AAA member, AARP member, active-duty military personnel, national guard, and federal government employee, you get exclusive car rental discounts, and benefits.
(Check out the following blogs to grab the discounts, and amenities.)
How to get car rental discounts with AAA?
A Comprehensive Guide to Car Rental Discounts with AARP.
Discover Military Discounts for Car rental services.
Explore 15+ PRO TIPS to get cheaper car rental discounts every time.
Conclusion on ‘What Terminal is United Airlines in Dulles Airport?’
We are now at the end of this blog where we discovered ‘What terminal is United Airlines at Dulles?’ including the terminal map, arrivals/departures, parking facility, United Polaris Lounge, United Club, and other terminal facilities.
Let’s wrap up with the key points listed below.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is one of the major airports in the DC area. It is also a primary hub for United Airlines.
- IAD features the main terminal building with five Concourses: Concourses A, B, C, D, and Z.
- United Airlines operates from Concourses A, C, D, and Z. All arrival, and departure flights are handled from these concourses.
- You can find 3 United Club locations and a United Polaris Lounge at Dulles Airport where you can enjoy various amenities.
- Parking space is sufficient at Dulles with the availability of different lots such as Terminal Lot, Economy Lot, Garage 1 Parking, and Garage 2 Parking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does United fly into Dulles Airport? What Terminal is United Airlines in Dulles Airport?
Washington Dulles Int’l Airport (IAD) is one of the 8 primary hubs for United Airlines. United flies to various domestic, and international destinations from Dulles Airport. All arrival and departure flights are handled from the Main Terminal Building (Concourses A, C, D, and Z).
How many terminals does Dulles Airport have?
Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) features a single main terminal with a total of five concourses (A, B, C, D, and Z). The two parallel midfield terminal buildings next to the Main Terminal accommodate Concourse A (19 Gates)/Concourse B (29 Gates), and Concourse C (24 Gates)/Concourse D (25 Gates) respectively.
Can you walk between terminals at IAD?
Concourses A, B, C, D, and Z are next to the Main Terminal building at Dulles Airport. Passengers can access Concourse A via an underground tunnel from the Main Terminal. Concourses A, and B are interconnected so, passengers can easily walk between the concourses. Likewise, Concourses C, and D are also interconnected.
How early should I arrive at Dulles Airport?
It depends on the airline companies on how early should you arrive at Dulles Airport. However, it is recommended to arrive at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure for domestic flights, and 3 hours prior to international flights.