Cali is a vibrant city located in Southwestern Colombia and one of the most populous cities in the country. This awesome city is known for its salsa dancing, rich history, and warm climate.
The city, also known as Santiago de Cali, is a primary hub for both domestic and international travel with several airports in and around the city.
In this blog, we are going to explore all airports in Cali including the essential information needed for a hassle-free air travel experience. So, stay till the end to acquire all the important information about the airports in this lively city.
Table of Contents
What are the major airports in Cali?
The city of Cali is served by only one commercial airport which is known as the Alfonso Bonilla Aragon International Airport (CLO). There are several other smaller airports in, and nearby Cali offering general aviation operations.
Let’s explore the airports in detail.
Alfonso Bonilla Aragon International Airport (CLO)
Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Int’l Airport (ICAO: SKCL, IATA: CLO) is the only primary commercial airport in the city of Cali. The airport is owned by Aeronautica Civil, and operated by Aerocali.
CLO Airport is the major hub for Avianca, and TAC Colombia while it is also a focus airport for Aerosucre (cargo carrier). Located at an elevation of 3,162 ft (964 m) above mean sea level (AMSL), the airport serves Santiago de Cali, and Palmira.
The airport features a single asphalt runway with the designation RWY 02/20 which is 3,000 m (9,843 ft) long. You can find a modern terminal building at the airport with several amenities, and services for passengers.
Facilities at CLO Airport
- Security Checkpoints
- Airport Lounges
- Shopping and Dining Options
- Ground Transportation
- Airport Parking Facility
- Wi-Fi Service
- Customer Service, and more.
Airlines Operating at the Airport
There are various domestic and international airlines as well as cargo carriers operating regular commercial flights to and from the Alfonso Bonilla Airport.
- Domestic Airlines – Avianca/Avianca Express, LATAM Airlines, EasyFly, Satena, Ultra Air, and TAC
- International Airlines – American Airlines, Arajet, Copa Airlines, Iberia Airlines, JetSmart Chile, Spirit Airlines, and Wingo.
- Cargo Carriers – Aerosucre, Avianca Cargo, and LATAM Cargo Colombia
|AIRLINES AT CLO AIRPORT||DESTINATIONS|
|Arajet||Santo Domingo–Las Americas|
|Avianca||Barranquilla, Bogotá, Cartagena, Cúcuta, Madrid, Medellín–JMC, Miami, Riohacha, and Santa Marta|
Seasonal: New York–JFK
|Copa Airlines||Panama City–Tocumen|
|EasyFly||Bucaramanga, Medellín–JMC, Neiva, Pasto, Puerto Asis, Quibdó, Tumaco, and Villavicencio|
|JetSmart Chile||Antofagasta, and Santiago de Chile|
|LATAM Colombia||Bogotá, Cartagena, Medellín–JMC, Pasto, San Andrés Island, and Santa Marta|
|Satena||Florencia, Guapi, Ipiales, Puerto, Leguizamo, and Tumaco|
|Spirit Airlines||Fort Lauderdale|
|Ultra Air||Bogotá, Cartagena, Medellín–JMC, San Andrés Island, and Santa Marta|
|Wingo||Bogotá, Cancún, Cartagena, Panama City–Tocumen, and San Andrés Island|
Travel Tips at CLO Airport
If you’re traveling to or visiting the Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Check your flight status before heading to the airport to avoid any delays or cancellations.
- Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your scheduled departure time to allow for check-in and security procedures.
- Make sure you have all necessary travel documents, such as your passport and visa, if required.
- Pack your luggage according to the airline’s regulations and weight restrictions to avoid any extra fees or delays.
- Familiarize yourself with the airport layout and facilities, including the location of your gate, restrooms, and dining options.
- Stay hydrated during your flight and bring snacks or meals if needed, as not all flights offer complimentary food and drinks.
- Keep your valuables and important documents in your carry-on luggage to avoid any loss or theft.
- Use the airport’s Wi-Fi to stay connected and check your email or social media accounts.
- If you’re in transit, check with your airline or the airport information desk for any connecting flight information and transfer procedures.
- Finally, be respectful of airport staff and fellow passengers, and follow all airport rules and regulations to ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
Conclusion on Airports in Cali
In conclusion, the Alfonso Bonilla Aragon International Airport (CLO) is a contemporary and highly proficient airport that effectively serves the city of Cali and its surrounding areas. The airport provides passengers with a broad array of top-notch amenities and services, such as an extensive selection of dining options, retail shops, and luxurious lounges, ensuring that travelers have a delightful and comfortable experience.
Additionally, the airport boasts an extensive network of domestic and international destinations, with major airlines such as Avianca, LATAM, and Copa Airlines offering frequent flights to notable cities throughout South America, North America, and Europe.
Whether you’re an occasional traveler or a seasoned jet-setter, adhering to our expert travel advisors will help you navigate the airport it with ease and maximize your journey’s potential. So, the next time you’re organizing a trip to Cali or its neighboring regions, consider arriving at the Alfonso Bonilla Aragon International Airport for a seamless and stress-free travel experience.
Overall, the airports situated in Cali serve as exceptional gateways to explore the region’s rich and diverse cultural heritage, natural beauty, and storied history. Pack your bags and prepare to discover the finest that Cali has to offer.
FAQs on Airports in Cali
What is the major airport in Colombia?
The major airport in Colombia is the El Dorado International Airport, which is located in the capital city of Bogotá. It is the largest and busiest airport in the country, serving as a key transportation hub for both domestic and international flights.
What airport do I fly into for Cali Colombia?
Alfonso Bonilla Aragon International Airport (CLO) is the best airport to fly into Cali, Colombia. It is the only major commercial airport in the city that is served by various domestic, and international airlines, and cargo carriers.
What airlines fly out of Cali Colombia?
Avianca/Avianca Express, LATAM Airlines, EasyFly, Satena, Ultra Air, TAC, American Airlines, Arajet, Copa Airlines, Iberia Airlines, JetSmart Chile, Spirit Airlines, and Wingo are the major passenger airlines flying out of Cali Colombia. Cargo operators at the airport include Aerosucre, Avianca Cargo, and LATAM Cargo Colombia.
How far is Cali Colombia from the airport?
The distance between Cali, Colombia, and the Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport is approximately 21.5 kilometers. The estimated driving time according to Google Maps is 28 minutes.