Delta Air Lines is one of the world’s oldest airlines in operation that operates regular flights to 320+ destinations worldwide from 9 primary hubs in the United States.
Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Minneapolis–St. Paul (MSP), New York (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA), Salt Lake City (SLC), and Seattle–Tacoma (SEA) are the major hubs for Delta.
Related: Where are the major Delta Hubs?
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is one of the important destinations although it is not a hub for Delta. In this article, we will explore Delta Terminal in Newark Airport including the terminal map, facilities, services, departures/arrivals, and more.
So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Which terminal is Delta at Newark Airport?
Newark Liberty International Airport (ICAO: KEWR, IATA: EWR, FAA LID: EWR) is the only primary commercial airport in Newark city. EWR is the major hub for United Airlines (passenger carrier), and FedEx Express (cargo carrier).
Related: What terminal is United at Newark?
The airport is served by more than 30 commercial passenger airlines, and 7 cargo operators connecting to various domestic, and international destinations.
EWR occupies a total area of 2,027 acres (820 ha), and features three runways: RWY 4L/22R, RWY 4R/22L, and RWY 11/29. Regarding airport infrastructure, EWR is equipped with three terminals: Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C.
- Terminal A holds Concourse A1, Concourse A2, and Concourse A3
- Terminal B holds Concourse B1, Concourse B2, and Concourse B3
- Terminal C holds Concourse C1, Concourse C2, and Concourse C3
Terminal A primarily serves domestic, and regional flights so, it is categorized as a domestic terminal. Terminal B handles both domestic and international flights. Likewise, Terminal C holds Concourses C1, C2, and C3 allocated into five levels and is exclusively used by United Airlines.
Delta Air Lines operates from Terminal B at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). All departures, and arrivals are handled from this terminal.
Delta Terminal Facilities at EWR Airport
- Baggage Service
- Delta Sky Club
- Self-Service Kiosks
- TSA PreCheck
- Global Entry
- CLEAR Service
- Sky Priority
Delta passengers flying via Newark Airport can check in online, use Fly Delta App, access Airport Kiosk, or visit Airport Check-in Desk.
The airline suggests its passengers arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to their domestic departure, and at least 3 hours prior to their international departure.
- Documents Required for flights within the U.S. – Passport/Driver’s License/Military ID, or Other Government-Issued Photo ID Card
- Documents Required for Int’l Departures – Passport and Visa
- Documents Required for Int’l Arrivals – Passport & Visa or other entry/residency documentation
Important Domestic Travel Note: Domestic passengers with checked baggage must be check-in at least 45 minutes before scheduled departure. Without checked bags, the limitation is 30 minutes.
Important Int’l Travel Note: You must be checked in at least 1 hour before your scheduled departure. Additionally, Delta recommends being at the gate and ready to board 45 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
If you are traveling with pets, don’t forget to go through Delta Pet Travel Policy which you can find here.
Newark Airport Ground Transportation Facility
- AirTrain – AirTrain is a simpler, easier way to get to, from, and around Newark Liberty International Airport. It operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- NJ Transit Bus/Express Bus – Bus service is available through NJ Transit Bus Lines go 28, 37, 62, 67, 107.
- Taxi, Car, and Van Service
- Car Rental Facility – A total of 9 on-site rental car providers offer service at EWR Airport.
- On Airport Bus: Passengers can use complimentary airport shuttle bus services between EWR terminals and Long-Term Parking Lot P6. Buses arrive approximately every 10 minutes, but this frequency may vary with traffic conditions.
Delta Terminal Map at Newark Airport
As you can see in the terminal map below, Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C are arranged in an oval shape. Terminal C is located on the northern side whereas Terminal A is on the Southern side. Terminal B is between Terminals C and A from where Delta operates regular commercial flights.
All Newark Terminals are accessible via private vehicles, rental cars, shuttle service, and public bus service.
Delta Terminal Newark Departures
All Delta Air Lines departures from Newark Airport are handled from Terminal B. Passengers are advised to check their flight status for terminal updates or changes.
Terminal facilities including baggage service, security screening, check-in, shopping & dining options, and other basic services are available at the departure terminal.
Delta Terminal Newark Arrivals
Like departures, all Delta arrival flights are handled from Terminal B. For changes or updates, passengers can check their flight status via the airport’s website, or Delta’s flight status checker.
Arrival facilities including baggage claim, immigration, security clearance, and other basic services are available for Delta passengers.
Shopping Options at EWR Terminal B
All you need, America!, EJE Travel Retail Duty Free, InMotion Entertainment, Lick, ShopAll Pharmacy, ShopAll Sound, Sims on the Go, The New Stand, and Voyage.
Delta Sky Club at Newark Airport
Delta offers a premium lounge service at Newark Airport known as Delta Sky Club. You can find this awesome lounge in Satellite B1 (Terminal B) after the security checkpoint.
|DELTA SKY CLUB LOCATION AT EWR||OPERATING TIME|
|Terminal B (Satellite B1)||5:00 am to 7:45 pm (Sun – Fri)|
5:00 am to 6:30 pm (Saturday)
Some major amenities offered by the Delta Sky Club
- Fresh, and Healthy Food Options
- Complimentary Beverages including Wine, Beer, Spirits, and Classic Cocktails
- Flight Assistance provided by the expert Delta Sky Club Ambassador
- Variety of healthy food menu selections
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Award-winning beverage program ‘THE BAR’
- Satellite TV
Delta Sky Club Food Menu
|• Warm breakfast sandwiches |
• Fresh fruits
• Greek yogurts
• Overnight oats or chia pudding
• Morning muffins and breakfast pastries
• Toasted bagels and cream cheese
• All-natural oatmeal
• Variety of cold cereals
• Hard-cooked eggs
• Fruit juices
• Starbucks® coffee and espresso drinks
|• Variety of sandwiches and wraps |
• Fresh entrée salads
• Grain salads
• Assortment of cold side salads
• Warm comforting soups and bisques
• Hummus and crudité cups
• Antipasto, sausages, and cheese
• Savory snacks
• Whole fruits
• Dessert bars, brownies, and cookies
• Coca-Cola® soft drinks
• Starbucks® coffee and expresso drinks
To access the Delta Sky Club, you need to fulfill any of the following requirements.
- Become a Delta Sky Club member
- Fly as a Delta One, or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger
- Become a Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card Member
- Earn Delta Medallion/SkyTeam Elite Plus Status
Explore the in-depth blog on ‘How to Access Delta Sky Club?’
If you don’t have access to the Delta Sky Club, you can enjoy food, and beverages at various restaurants in Terminal B.
Some popular restaurants in EWR Terminal B
|RESTAURANTS||LOCATION IN EWR TERMINAL B|
|All You Need||B1 Connector|
|Belgian Beer Cafe||B2 Rotunda|
|Budweiser Brew House||B Concourse|
|Discover New Jersey||B Concourse|
|Dunkin’ Donuts||Level 2 (International Arrivals)|
|Farmer’s Fridge||B3 Rotunda|
|Firehouse Subs||B1 Connector|
|Jersey Reserve||Level 2 (International Arrivals)|
|Little Tony’s Pizza||B1 Connector|
|Malone’s Fish Market||B1 Connector|
|Panda Express||B Food Court|
|Safe Travels||B Concourse|
|Salsarita’s Mexican Grill||B Food Court|
|Starbucks||B Food Court|
|Vino Volo||B3 Rotunda|
Parking Facility at Newark Airport
Newark Liberty Airport features on-site parking facilities where passengers and visitors can park their vehicles by paying hourly or daily rates.
Three parking zones are available at the on-site parking facility including Short-Term Parking (A, B, & C), Daily Parking (P4), and Economy Parking (P6).
You can choose parking lots depending on your requirement. The cost of parking at EWR airport is illustrated in the table below.
|PARKING REQUIREMENT||PARKING TIME (COST)|
|EWR On-Airport Short-Term||½ hr ($5.25)|
Each Additional ½ hr or part thereof ($5.25)
24-hour maximum ($44.00)
|EWR On-Airport Daily Lots||½ hr ($4.25)|
Each Additional ½ hr or part thereof ($4.25)
24-hour maximum ($38.00)
|EWR On-Airport Economy Lot||First 24 hours ($21.00)|
Over 24 hours, each 12-hr period or part thereof ($10.50)
|EWR On-Airport Lot Rates for Persons with Restricted Mobility||½ hr ($4.00)|
Each Additional ½ hr or part thereof ($4.00)
24-hour maximum ($20.00)
There are various other facilities provided at the parking area that include:
- Vehicle services like lockout assistance, jumpstarts, flat-tire assistance, and so on.
- Passenger Drop-off and Pick-up
- Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles
- Pre-book Parking Service
Car Rental Service at EWR Airport
You can find various rental car providers at Newark Liberty International Airport. The rental car counters can be easily accessed with AirTrain.
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, SiXT, and Thrifty are the top rental car companies operating at the airport.
Delta passengers can follow signs to the AirTrain, and reach ‘Station P3’ to access rental car counters.
|RENTAL CAR COMPANIES AT EWR||CONTACT NUMBER|
If you are an AAA member, AARP member, active-duty military personnel, national guard, and federal government employee, you get exclusive car rental discounts, and benefits.
(Check out the following blogs to grab the discounts, and amenities.)
How to get car rental discounts with AAA?
A Comprehensive Guide to Car Rental Discounts with AARP.
Discover Military Discounts for Car rental services.
Explore 15+ PRO TIPS to get cheaper car rental discounts every time.
Conclusion on Delta Terminal in Newark
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is one of the key destinations for Delta flights. The airline connects the airport to several domestic and international routes.
We explored Delta Terminal in Newark airport with the terminal map, arrivals/departures information, Delta Sky Club amenities, Shopping & Dining options, parking facility, rental car service, travel tips, and more.
Let’s conclude our discussion with some important points.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is the only primary commercial airport in Newark, the most populous city in the U.S. state of New Jersey.
- EWR features three terminals: Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C. Delta Air Lines operate from Terminal B.
- All Delta arrivals, and departures at Newark Airport are handled from Terminal B. Passengers are advised to check their flight status for updates, or changes to their flight.
- Delta offers Delta Sky Club at EWR where eligible passengers can enjoy premium amenities including food, beverages, relaxation, and more.
- EWR Airport offers adequate on-site parking lots. Customers can book parking spaces online.
- Various car rental companies are available at the airport offering rental car services to the passengers.
FAQs on Delta Terminal in Newark
Which terminal is Delta at Newark Airport?
Delta Air Lines operates from Terminal B at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). All departures, and arrivals are handled from this terminal. Passengers are recommended to stay updated with their flight status for any changes.
Where is Terminal B at Newark Airport?
The three Newark Terminals A, B, and C are arranged in an oval shape. Terminal C is located on the northern side whereas Terminal A is on the Southern side. Terminal B is located between Terminals C and A.
What airlines are in Terminal B at Newark Airport?
Delta Air Lines, Aer Lingus, Air China, Air France, Air India, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, Austrian Airlines, British Airways El Al, Elite Airways, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, Frenchbee, Icelandair, JetBlue, La Compagnie, LOT-Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Porter, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Swiss, TAP Air Portugal, Turkish Airlines, and United Airlines (International Arrivals) are the airlines operating out of Terminal B at EWR.
Can I go from Terminal A to B in Newark?
Yes, you can go from Terminal A to Terminal B at Newark Liberty International Airport by using the EWR AirTrain service. You can take the AirTrain from Terminal A station to Terminal B station which takes about 5 to 7 minutes.