Frontier Airlines has established itself as a low-cost carrier and operates flights to 100+ destinations in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and so on.
Regarding flight operations, Frontier executes flights from its major hub at Denver International Airport (DIA), and other key operating bases at Miami, Atlanta, Chicago-O’Hare, Cleveland, Las Vegas, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix-Sky Harbor, Tampa, and Trenton.
Related: Explore Frontier Airlines Hubs.
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is among the primary operating bases for Frontier. In this article, we will explore Frontier Terminal in MCO airport including terminal facilities, amenities, arrivals/departures, travel tips, and more.
So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What terminal is Frontier at MCO Airport? (Orlando International Airport)
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is the busiest transportation hub in the vibrant city of Orlando, Florida. The airport owned/operated by Greater Orlando Aviation Authority serves the Greater Orlando Region.
More than 20 commercial airlines, and 5 cargo carriers operate regular flights to and from MCO connecting the region to various domestic, and international destinations.
The airport is the primary hub for Silver Airways while it is also an important operating base for Frontier Airlines, Avelo Airlines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, and Spirit Airlines.
MCO occupies a total area of 12,600 acres (5,100 ha) and features four asphalt/concrete runways. Regarding terminal facilities, you can find three terminals: Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C.
Terminals A & B are made up of three Levels (1, 2, & 3) equipped with baggage claim, ground transportation, gates, and other terminal facilities. Terminal C holds Level 1, Level 2, Level 4, and Level 6.
Frontier Airlines operates from Terminal A at MCO Airport. The airline can be located on Level 3 (Terminal A) with allocated Gates 1-29 (Domestic Departures/Arrivals, & International Departures), and Gates 70-99 (International Arrivals).
All terminal amenities, and services such as baggage claim, ticketing, check-in, security, food & dining, and so on are available at Terminal A for Frontier flights.
Now, let’s explore more of Frontier Terminal in MCO Airport.
Frontier Airlines MCO Terminal Map
Orlando International Airport’s main terminal building is divided into two halves: the northern half and the southern half, as depicted in the Terminal Map below. Terminal A is situated on the northern side, while Terminal B is on the southern side. Recently, Terminal C has been opened at the airport.
Frontier Airlines’ operations are based out of Terminal A located on the southern side of the airport. Terminal A has three levels, namely Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3.
Amenities offered by Frontier at MCO
- TSA PreCheck
- Customer Service
- Ticket Counters
- Board First Service
- Airport Agent Assistance
- Courtesy Boarding
- Zone 1 Boarding
- Special Services
Other facilities available in MCO Terminal A
- Level 1 – Lost & Found, Baggage Claim, Buses, On Airport/Off Airport Rental Car Agencies, Ground Transporation, and USO Welcome Center.
- Level 2 – Baggage Claim, Ride Share Services, Service Animal Relief Area, and Restaurants.
You can find ticket counters for Frontier flights on Level 3 (A-2). The ticket counters are normally open 2 hours prior to departure time, and operational until 45 minutes prior to departure time.
Frontier Airlines advises its passengers to arrive at least 120 minutes (2 hours) before their departure. The airline accepts checked baggage starting 4 hours prior to scheduled departure.
Important Travel Notice: The flight, and baggage check-in service closes 45 minutes before departure. Your boarding process begins 30 minutes prior to departure, and the door closes 15 minutes before departure.
Frontier Tip: Your gate assignments and departure times can change due to operational requirements. You can easily stay updated by checking the flight monitors at the airport.
Are you traveling with your pets via Frontier Flights? If yes, please go through Frontier Pet Policy to travel safely with your furry friend.
MCO Airport Ground Transportation Facility
- Hotel Shuttles – Provided by many hotels in the Orlando area and can be booked in advance. Hotel shuttles pick up and drop off passengers at the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1) of each terminal.
- Local Bus – Bus service is provided by the Lynx bus system. The Lynx bus stop is located on the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1) of each terminal.
- Ride Sharing – Services such as Uber and Lyft are also available and can be picked up from the designated ride-hailing areas on the Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level (Level 2) of each terminal.
- Taxicabs – Taxis are available 24 hours a day and can be hailed from the taxi stand on the Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level (Level 2) of each terminal.
- Shuttle Vans – Provide shared transportation to and from the airport and various destinations in the Orlando area. Shuttle vans can be booked in advance or can be hailed from the shuttle van stand on the Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level (Level 2) of each terminal.
- Sunrail – This commuter rail service that connects MCO Airport with downtown Orlando and other destinations in the area. The SunRail station is located on the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1) of Terminal A.
What gates does Frontier use at MCO?
You can find gates for Frontier Airlines on Level 3 (Terminal A). Gates 1-29 are available for domestic departures/arrivals, and international departures. Likewise, Gates 70-99 are also used by Frontier for international arrivals.
Frontier Gates at MCO Airport – Gates 1-29, and Gates 70-99
Frontier Airlines MCO Departures
All Frontier Airlines departures are handled from Terminal A at MCO Airport. Passengers are advised to monitor their flight status regularly to stay updated about any possible changes to the terminal that may arise due to unforeseen circumstances.
The gates for Frontier Airlines departures are located on the Departures Level (Level 3) of Terminal A, between Gates 1-29, and Gates 70-99. You can reach the Departures Level by taking the escalators or stairs up from the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1).
Frontier Airlines MCO Arrivals
Like Departures, all Frontier arrivals are operated from Terminal A. For changes or updates, passengers are recommended to check their flight status via the airport’s website, or Frontier’s flight status page.
- The baggage claim for Frontier Airlines arrivals is located on the Arrivals Level (Level 2) of Terminal A, between Baggage Claim A and Baggage Claim B. You can reach the baggage claim area by taking the escalators or stairs down from the Departures Level (Level 3).
Food Options at MCO Airport
Frontier doesn’t feature its own lounge amenity however, passengers can access various restaurants, lounges, or food courts at MCO Terminal A to enjoy food, and beverages, and relax while they wait for their flight.
Popular Restaurants in Terminal A
|RESTAURANTS IN MCO TERMINAL A||FOOD OPTIONS|
|Chick-fil-A||Chicken Nuggets & Sandwiches|
|Chili’s Too||Grill & Bar|
|City Pub||Sports Bar|
|Dunkin’ Donuts||Coffee & Donuts|
|Hemisphere||Steak & Seafood|
|Lobby Bar||Small Plates & Beverages|
|Macaroni Grill||Italian Cuisine|
|Macaroni Grill To Go||Italian Cuisine|
|Mccoys Bar & Grill||American Cuisine & Sushi|
|Moe’s Frontier Grill||Tex-Mex|
|Panda Express||Chinese Cuisine|
|Starbucks||Coffee & Tea|
|Starbucks Evenings||Coffee, Tea, Beer & Wine|
Parking Facility at MCO Airport
There are various on-site, and off-site parking spaces at Orlando International Airport (MCO) where passengers and visitors can park their vehicles by paying daily rates mentioned below.
The available parking options at MCO airport include Parking Garage A, Terminal Top Parking, Parking Garage B, Parking Garage C, Valet Parking, Hotel Guest Parking, North Cell Phone Lot, South Cell Phone Lot, North Park Place Economy Lot, South Park Place Economy Lot, and West Park Place Economy Lot.
Frontier passengers and visitors can park their vehicles at Parking Garage A, or Parking Garage B for easier access to the terminal.
On-site parking features at MCO
- All parking lots are within easy walking distance of Terminals A and B.
- The majority of the parking spaces are covered.
- Parking lots are patrolled by the Orlando Police Department (Airport Division).
- Parking lots cannot accommodate vehicles higher than 7 feet.
Parking Prices are mentioned in the table below.
|PARKING SPACE||DAILY RATE|
|Parking Garage A||$19|
|Terminal Top Parking||$19|
|Parking Garage B||$19|
|Parking Garage C||$19|
|North Park Place Economy Lot||$10|
|South Park Place Economy Lot||$10|
|West Park Place Economy Lot||$10|
|Hotel Guest Parking (Self)||$14|
|Hote Guest Parking (Valet)||$18|
|North Cell Phone Lot||Free|
|South Cell Phone Lot||Free|
You can pay for the parking spaces via Cash, American Express, SunPass Plus, E-PASS, Discover, Visa, or MasterCard.
Car Rental Services at MCO
Orlando is recognized as the largest rental car market in the world. The airport features major car rental companies located in all Terminals.
The on-site rental car companies can be found on Level 1 (Terminal A & B), and Level 4 (Terminal C).
On-Airport Car Rental Companies
|CAR RENTAL COMPANIES (ON-SITE)||CONTACT NUMBER|
|Dollar Car Rental||1-800-800-4000|
In addition to the on-site companies, you can find several off-site rental car companies located on Level 1 – Terminal A (Ground Transportation).
Action Car Rental LLC, APM Car Rental, Bandago, Best Rate Car Rental Inc., CA Car Rental, Carl’s Rent A Van, Clubs Car Rental, Easiret, Economy Rent A Car LLC, Flex Rent A Car, Fly Car Rental, Global Car Rental, and GS Car Rental are some of the major off-site rental car providers.
Conclusion on ‘What terminal is Frontier at MCO Airport?’
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is one of the primary operating bases for Frontier Airlines. In this blog, we explored Frontier Terminal in MCO with the terminal map, gates information, arrivals/departures, food options, parking facility, travel tips, and more.
If you’re traveling on a Frontier flight via MCO Airport, this article might be helpful in navigating the terminal.
Let’s conclude our discussion with some major points mentioned below.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) is one of the major airports serving the Greater Orlando region.
- MCO features three terminals: Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C. Terminal A lies in the northern half of the main terminal whereas Terminal B is in the Southern half of the main terminal. Terminal C is recently opened.
- Frontier Airlines operates from Terminal A at MCO. The gates available for the airline are Gates 1-29 (Domestic Arrivals/Departures, & International Departures), and Gates 70-99 (International Arrivals).
- Frontier passengers can enjoy food at various restaurants, and shop at retail centers in MCO Terminal A.
- Parking facility at the airport is available with various parking options. There are lots of on-site, and off-site car rental providers at the airport.
FAQs on Frontier Terminal in MCO
Which terminal is Frontier at MCO?
Frontier Airlines operates from Terminal A at Orlando International Airport (MCO). All arrivals and departures are handled from this terminal. Gates 1-29 (Domestic Arrivals/Departures, & International Departures), and Gates 70-99 (Internationa Arrivals) are available for the Frontier at Orlando Airport.
How early to arrive at MCO Frontier?
Frontier Airlines advises passengers to arrive at least 2 hours before their departure at MCO Airport. This will give you enough time to check in, go through security, and board your flight without feeling rushed or stressed.
Which airlines are in Terminal A at MCO?
The airlines operating out of Terminal A at MCO are Frontier Airlines, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, Avelo Airlines, Avianca, Breeze Airways, Copa Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Miami Air, Spirit Airlines (International), and Virgin Atlantic.
Are Terminals A and B connected at MCO?
MCO’s Terminals A and B are housed in distinct buildings that have their individual check-in counters, security checkpoints, and boarding gates, making them not directly linked. Nonetheless, travelers can easily commute between the two terminals via the convenient shuttle service known as the Automated People Mover (APM).
What gates are in MCO Terminal A?
Gates 1-29, 30-59, 70-99, and 100-129 can be found in MCO Terminal A.