Emirates is one of the best airlines to work for as it is the World’s 4th Best Airline of 2021 awarded by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. The airline offers various job opportunities for aviation enthusiasts and pilot is one of them.
If you are planning to become an Emirates Pilot, this article is for you. We have included almost every information related to becoming a professional airline pilot for Emirates including requirements, recruitment steps, cadet pilot programme, salary, benefits and much more.
So, stay till the end to explore every piece of information. Having said that, let’s get started with some basic details about Emirates.
Table of Contents
- About Emirates Airline
- How to become an Emirates Pilot?
- Become a First Officer
- Emirates Pilot Requirements for First Officer
- Emirates Pilot Hiring Process
- Emirates Pilot Training
- Emirates Cadet Pilot Programme
- Emirates Pilot Uniform
- Emirates Pilot Salary
- Emirates Pilot Benefits
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About Emirates Airline
|Identity||National Flag Carrier of Dubai|
World’s 4th Best Airline of 2021 (Skytrax World Airline Awards)
|Hub||Dubai International Airport (DXB)|
|Fleet||Over 250 aircraft|
|Destination||Over 140 international destinations in 70 countries across six continents.|
|Codeshare Agreements||China Southern Airlines, flydubai, Garuda Indonesia, Japan Airlines, JetBlue, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Thai Airways, TAP Air Portugal and much more.|
How to become an Emirates Pilot?
Emirates announces vacancies for the pilot position on its official website. As an applicant, you must fulfil basic qualifications and apply online via the careers site.
At Emirates, you can become a pilot in two ways.
- Become a First Officer
- Join National Cadet Programme
Let’s explore both opportunities in detail.
Become a First Officer
If you are already an experienced pilot and hold some flying hours, you are eligible for directly applying to the First Officer (FO) position at Emirates.
Emirates Pilot Requirements for First Officer
Here are the basic requirements you need to satisfy before applying for the First Officer position (A380 or B777) at Emirates.
- A minimum of 2000 hours on aircraft with Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW) greater than or equal to 20T is mandatory. OR, minimum of 3000 hours on MTOW between 10T and 20T.
- Applicants must hold a valid ICAO ATPL.
- Applicants must have obtained a Class 1 Medical Certificate issued by ICAO.
- ICAO English Level 4 is a minimum language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must have flown at least 150 hours within the last 12 months at the time of joining on an aircraft with MTOW greater than or equal to 10T.
Emirates Pilot Hiring Process
- If you fulfil the basic requirements for Emirates First Officer, you are an eligible candidate for the post. And to apply, you must go through the following processes.
- At first, you need to visit the Emirates Careers Website and find any active vacancies for First Officer. If there is any, you can apply online by submitting an application form with the necessary document, photographs and other essential attributes.
- The airline recruitment team will review your online application and if selected, you will go through a short video interview, psychometric tests, Abstract Reasoning tests and a live Panel interview that are conducted remotely.
- If you manage to pass the first phase of the selection process, you will be invited for the second phase which includes Simulator assessments, advanced compass and medical examinations. This process is carried out in Dubai over a 2 days period.
- The successful completion of the second stage means you are now at the final step to get selected for the First Officer position. Before providing a job offer letter, the airline will conduct pre-employment checks.
Emirates Pilot Training
Selected First Officers will undergo initial training at the Emirates facility in Dubai to get ready for the commercial operation. At first, FOs will participate in an induction week and then Type Rating Course is initiated.
The Type Rating Course includes ETOPS, TCAS, ILS/PRM, RVSM, RNAC and Aircraft Systems. After that, FOs receive Fixed Base IPT and full-flight simulator training to boost technical skills and qualify for Low Visibility Operations and Zero Flight Time.
Completion of the simulator training session will take FOs to the Line training where observation flights are conducted between 12 to 30 training sectors depending upon the previous flying experience. The newly recruited FOs will become a fully-qualified commercial Emirates pilot after the final and successful line check.
When can an Emirates First Officer expect to be upgraded to Captain?
Well, to become an Emirates Captain, FOs must complete the following prerequisites.
- FOs must accumulate a minimum of 6,000 total flight times.
- Minimum 2,500 hours actual time in an operation seat (stick time) must have been completed on the aircraft type to upgrade on.
- FOs must complete a minimum of 4 years of flying with Emirates.
- FOs must obtain a valid UAE ATPL License.
- Must complete a minimum of 6 EBT modules on any Emirates aircraft.
- The minimum age requirement to initiate a command course is 30 years.
Emirates Cadet Pilot Programme
Emirates offers an opportunity for aspirant Emiratis to apply for the National Cadet Pilot Programme and become professional airline pilots in a systematic way.
To apply for the National Cadet Pilot Programme, you need to fulfil the following requirements.
- Applicants must hold a valid UAE passport and Khulasat AI Qaid.
- The age of the applicant must be at least 18 years but not exceeding 26 years.
- A minimum Grade 12 secondary school certificate is required with an average score of 80%.
- Fluency in English Language (Writing, Speaking and Reading) is a must.
- Applicants must have obtained a TOEFL score of 510.
- Must possess Military Service Status.
- Applicants must be medically fit.
- Must obtain Ministry of Education Attestation for Certificates.
How to apply for Emirates National Cadet Pilot Programme?
You can apply for the National Cadet Pilot Programme by submitting an online application via the Emirates Group Careers website.
After a review of your application, the airline recruitment team will conduct various assessments including document verification, interviews, medical exams and various other tests to select you for the programme.
Those applicants selected for the Cadet Pilot Programme will go through intensive training to become eligible for flying large commercial jet aircraft. The training is conducted at Emirates Flight Training Academy in Dubai.
National Cadet Pilot Programme Training Module
|PHASE||TRAINING MODULE||TRAINING DURATION|
|First Phase||Aviation Science||18 weeks|
|Second Phase||273 hours flight experience|
Commercial Pilot Licence with Multi-Instrument Rating (CPL/Multi-IR)
Multi-Crew Cooperation Course (MCC)
|Third Phase||Conversion and Line Training||Approx. 20 months|
Emirates Pilot Uniform
Explore More Pilot Opportunities How to become Qatar Airways Pilot? How to become Singapore Airlines Pilot? How to become Cathay Pacific Pilot? How to become Qantas Airways Pilot? How to become Air France Pilot? How to become British Airways Pilot? How to become Turkish Airlines Pilot?
Emirates Pilot Salary
Emirates First Officer make AED 364,296 (US$99,181.87) per year and this pay scale increases depending upon the flying hours, destination, allowances, seniority level and experience gained.
Emirates Pilot Salary Per Month
First Officers at Emirates earn AED 30,358 (US$8,265) per month based on 85 flying hours per month. FOs also earn AED 495 (US$134) for each block hour above the monthly target as productivity pay. Furthermore, an accommodation allowance of AED 12,176 (US$3,320) is provided.
Emirates Pilot Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, Emirates pilots enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Attractive Salary Package
- Accommodation Allowance
- Productivity Pay
- Provident Fund or End of Service Benefits
- 42 calendar days Annual Leave
- Shuttle service to and from duty
- Platinum Card Discount
- Eligibility for an annual profit share
- Company Uniform and Dry Cleaning in Dubai
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Loss of License Insurance
- Economy/Business Class-Eligibility
- Confirmed Annual Leave Ticket
Till the end of this informative blog, we discovered almost every piece of information related to becoming an Emirates Pilot. If you meet all the basic requirements and skills, you must apply whenever vacancies arrive for First Officer or Cadet Pilot Programme at Emirates.
If you have any doubts or queries, please write in the comment section below or contact us directly.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does a Emirates pilot make?
First Officers at Emirates earn AED 364,296 (US$99,181.87) per year and this pay scale increases depending upon the flying hours, destination, allowances, seniority level and experience gained.
Is it hard to be a pilot in Emirates?
It is not that difficult to be a pilot in Emirates however, you need to fulfil all the requirements and pass the assessments to get selected.
How do I become an Emirates Pilot?
You can directly apply for Emirates First Officer (if you have previous flying experience) or join the National Cadet Pilot Programme to become an Emirates Pilot. For that, you need to meet all the basic qualifications and undergo various assessments to get selected.