United Airlines is one of the major airlines in the United States with its headquarters at Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois. The airline operates flights to over 230 domestic destinations and 118 international routes around the globe with more than 800 fleet capacity.
United currently operates from 8 hubs located at different airports across the country. The major hubs include Chicago-O’Hare (ORD), Denver (DEN), Guam (GUM), Houston/George Bush (IAH), Los Angeles Int’l (LAX), Newark Liberty (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), and Washington Dulles (IAD).
In this blog, we will explore ‘What Terminal is United at ORD?’ with a terminal map, gates, arrival/departure information, lounge, amenities, and more.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- What Terminal is United at ORD? (Chicago O’Hare International Airport)
- United Airlines Chicago Terminal Map
- How many gates does United have at ORD?
- What Terminal is United Departures at ORD?
- What terminal is United Arrivals at ORD?
- United Airlines Parking at ORD Airport
- Does Chicago O’Hare have a United Lounge?
- Conclusion on United Airlines Terminal at ORD
- FAQs on What Terminal is United at ORD
What Terminal is United at ORD? (Chicago O’Hare International Airport)
Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is the major international airport serving Chicago Metropolitan Area. The airport is located at an elevation of 668 ft (204 m) above mean sea level (AMSL).
ORD is the primary hub for United Airlines, and American Airlines while it is also the focus city for Spirit Airlines and Polar Air Cargo.
Talking about the airport infrastructure, ORD is equipped with four passenger terminals namely Terminal 1, Terminal 2, Terminal 3, and Terminal 5. These terminals accommodate a total of 191 gates along with 9 Concourses.
United Airlines operates domestic, and international flights from Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 5 at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. United, and United Express operates the majority of flights from Terminal 1, and Terminal 2 whereas Terminal 5 is specially used for International Arrival flights.
Facilities available at United Airlines LAX Terminal
- Kiosk Check-in/Customer Service Center
- Baggage Claim
- Animal Relief Area
- United Polaris Lounge
- United Club Location
- United Premier Check-in
- Nursing Room
- Security Walkway
- TSA Pre-screening Program
- Shuttle Service includes bus, monorail, and train transport.
United Airlines Chicago Terminal Map
Chicago O’Hare International Airport features 4 passenger terminals with nine lettered Concourses. As you can see in the terminal map above, the four terminals are arranged next to each other. Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3 are interconnected while Terminal 5 is separated.
United Airlines operates from Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 5 at ORD Airport. Passengers can use transfer shuttle services, bus, monorail, or train transport to move between four terminals at the airport.
How many gates does United have at ORD?
The four terminals at Chicago Airport feature a total of 191 gates along nine lettered Concourses. Terminal 1 holds Concourses B, and C with a total of 50 gates whereas there are a total of 41 gates in Terminal 2 with Concourses E, and F. Likewise, Terminal 3 accommodates 79 gates in four concourses (G, H, K, and L). You can find only one Concourse M with a total of 40 gates in Terminal 5.
United Airlines uses Gates M1 to M21 at Terminal 5, and Gates E1-E16, & Gates F1-F28 at Terminal 2. Gates B1 through B24, and Gates C10 through C31 are available for United flights in Terminal 1.
|TERMINAL FEATURES||TERMINAL 1||TERMINAL 2||TERMINAL 5|
|UNITED GATES||Gates B1 through B24, and Gates C10 through C31||Gates E1 through E16, and Gates F1 through F28||Gates M1 through M21|
|UNITED PREMIER CHECK-IN||Available||Available||N/A|
What Terminal is United Departures at ORD?
All United Airlines departure flights at ORD airport are handled from Terminal 1, and Terminal 2. Domestic, and international flights take off from these terminals.
What terminal is United Arrivals at ORD?
United Airlines arrival flights in Chicago are operated from Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 5. Terminal 1, and Terminal 2 specially handle domestic flights operated by United, and United Express whereas Terminal 5 takes care of international arrivals.
United Airlines Parking at ORD Airport
There are various parking spaces available at Chicago O’Hare International Airport including Economy Parking, Main Garage Hourly Parking, Main Garage Daily Parking, Daily Lot Parking, Terminal 5 – Lot D Parking, Valet Parking services, and Reserved Parking.
The parking fees range from $3 per hour to $42 per day depending on the parking location. For longer parking, the Economy Lot is the best option at ORD airport because the rate range between $15 and $22 per day.
For cheaper rates, passengers, and visitors can park their vehicles at nearby parking locations. You can use the Airport Parking Reservations website to find amazing deals on airport parking.
Does Chicago O’Hare have a United Lounge?
You can find both United Polaris Lounge, and United Club at Chicago Airport.
United Airlines offers United Polaris which is popularly known as the international premium cabin travel experience. As per the airlines, Polaris was introduced to provide better sleep in the sky to international travelers.
Some attractive amenities offered by the United Polaris include:
- United Polaris Lounges with rest spaces
- High-end pre-flight dining options
- Custom-designed personal onboard suite with added privacy
- Comfort and Convenience
- Sleep-focused amenities including Saks Fifth Avenue Luxury Bedding
- Premium Skincare products from Sunday Riley
- Earplugs and an ergonomic eye mask
- Cool-gel pillows at each seat
- Pajamas upon request on flights longer than 12 hours
- Reimagined Dining options and much more.
In Chicago, you will find United Airlines Polaris Lounge near Gate C18 (Terminal 1) which is available to international premium cabin travelers. Amenities offered by the United Airlines Polaris Lounge at ORD are listed below.
- Pre-flight dining option with an extensive buffet (Hot and Cold Selections)
- Dining with table service.
- Beverage of your choice that includes specially curated wines, premium spirits, craft brews, and handcrafted cocktails.
- Spa-like Shower Suites
- Tucked-away Quiet Suites
- Daybeds and Soft Lighting
In addition to the United Polaris, you will find United Club near gate B6 (Terminal 1), and near Gate F5-F9 in Terminal 2. This club allows you to relax while you wait for your flight with United Airlines. To access this club, you need to purchase a membership.
The main amenities offered by the United Club at ORD include:
- Breakfast and Afternoon Snacks
- Beverages include wine, spirits, and select beer.
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Personalized Travel Assistance
Conclusion on United Airlines Terminal at ORD
As we come to the end of this blog, we explored ‘What Terminal is United at ORD?‘ with the terminal map, arrivals/departures, parking facility, United Polaris, United Club, and more.
Let’s conclude with some key points below.
- ORD features four passenger terminals (Terminal 1, Terminal 2, Terminal 3, and Terminal 5).
- United Airlines operates from Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 5.
- All domestic and international flights operated by United, and United Express are handled from Terminal 1, and Terminal 2. Terminal 5 is allocated for International arrivals only.
- United Airlines offer United Polaris Lounge and United Club at Chicago Airport.
FAQs on What Terminal is United at ORD
What terminals does United use at ORD?
United Airlines operates from Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 5 at ORD airport. United, and United Express flights are handled from these terminals. Terminal 5 especially operates United international arrivals.
What gate is United Airlines at O Hare?
United Airlines uses Gates B1 through B24, Gates C10 through C31, Gates E1 through E16, Gates F1 through F28, and Gates M1 through M21 at O Hare.
Where does United fly out of in Chicago?
United Airlines flies to various domestic and international destinations from Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
What airlines fly out of Terminal 3 at O Hare?
American Airlines, Cape Air, Denver Air Connection (Key Lime Air), Iberia Airlines, Japan Airlines, and Spirit Airlines fly out of Terminal 3 at O Hare.