United Airlines, one of the major carriers in the United States, flies to 230 domestic destinations, and 118 international routes across the globe. Its headquarters is located at Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois. The daily flights are operated by more than 800 aircraft.
UA operates from 8 hubs located at different airports across the country. Chicago-O’Hare (ORD), Denver (DEN), Guam (GUM), Houston/George Bush (IAH), Los Angeles Int’l (LAX), Newark Liberty (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), and Washington Dulles (IAD) are the primary hubs for United.
Talking about the international destination, London Heathrow Airport (LHR) is among the major connections for United Airlines. In this blog, we will explore ‘Which Terminal is United at Heathrow?’ with a terminal map, arrivals/departure information, facilities, services, and more.
Without further ado, let’s get started with a basic introduction to Heathrow Airport.
Table of Contents
Overview of the London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
London Heathrow Airport (LHR) is one of the two major international airports in London, England (United Kingdom). The airport primarily serves Greater London, Berkshire, Southern Buckinghamshire, Northwest Surrey, and Western Hertfordshire.
LHR is the main hub for British Airways (the national flag carrier), and Virgin Atlantic. It is also among the busiest airports in the world in terms of international passenger traffic. United Airlines also connects LHR with U.S. cities.
The LHR Airport infrastructure features four passenger terminals: Terminal 2, Terminal 3, Terminal 4, and Terminal 5.
Which terminal is United at Heathrow?
United Airlines operates from Terminal 2 at LHR. Terminal 2A, and Terminal 2B are the two sub-divisions of Terminal 2.
Terminal 2 is the LHR’s new terminal which is officially known as ‘The Queen’s Terminal’. The Queen’s Terminal serves more than 20 million passengers every year.
United Airlines Terminal Facilities at LHR Airport
- Automated Check-in
- Customer Service Center
- Baggage Claim
- United Premier Check-in
- United Club
- Safe Footpath
Heathrow Terminal 2 is a bustling and expansive terminal, hence it is crucial to allocate ample time for check-in and security procedures. If you are flying with United Airlines, you can conveniently access your flight status and get an estimated gate time through the United Airlines website or mobile application.
United Airlines Travel Tips at LHR Airport
- Arrive early for check-in: This is especially crucial during peak travel times. You have the option to check in online or at the airport.
- Allow ample time for security: As queues can be long, it’s advisable to give yourself plenty of time to pass through security.
- Familiarize yourself with your gate: Since Heathrow Terminal 2 is a large terminal, it’s essential to know the location of your gate before proceeding to security.
- Prepare for potential delays: Heathrow Airport experiences high traffic, increasing the likelihood of delays. Pack snacks and beverages, and download the United Airlines app to stay informed about your flight status.
- Enjoy United Club Lounge Amenities: If you are a United Club member, take advantage of the United Club Lounge to relax before your flight. The lounge provides complimentary food and beverages, Wi-Fi access, and comfortable seating.
Traveling with your pets via United flights?
Please go through United Airlines Pet Policy to travel safely with your furry friend.
Ground Transporation Facilities at LHR Airport
- Taxicabs – Taxis are available from all terminals at Heathrow Airport. The journey time to central London typically takes around 45 minutes.
- Private Vehicle – Passengers can arrive at LHR in their private vehicles. The airport features more than 14,000 on-site parking spaces.
- Rental Cars – There are seven on-site car rental providers at London Heathrow Airport.
- Rail Transporation – Heathrow Express, Elizabeth Line, and The London Underground offer railway service between LHR, and London.
- Railway Bus Links – Buses and coaches run regularly between Heathrow Airport and National Rail stations at Feltham, Guildford, Reading, Watford Junction, and Woking.
- Coach – Heathrow’s national coach network provides direct services to many towns and cities across the UK.
- Local Bus – LHR is well served by local buses. Fares are great value compared with other modes and some bus routes operate 24 hours a day.
- Hotel Shuttles – Many nearby hotels are connected to Heathrow’s terminals by Hotel Hoppa buses.
United Airlines Heathrow Terminal Map
United Airlines Heathrow Departure Terminal
All United Airlines departure flights from London Heathrow airport are operated from Terminal 2.
Heathrow Terminal 2 is split into two sections, namely 2A and 2B, and they are linked by an underground walkway. United Airlines gates can be found in both sections, with the majority of them situated in 2B.
For United Airlines passengers, there is a designated check-in area in Terminal 2, along with a United Club Lounge available for eligible passengers to enjoy.
Facilities including baggage service, automated check-in, customer service, ticketing, United Club, United Premier Check-in, and other basic terminal amenities are available at the departure terminal.
United Airlines Heathrow Arrivals Terminal
Like departures, all United arrivals are also handled from LHR Terminal 2. Arrival facilities include baggage claim, arrivals lounge, customer service center, and so on.
There are a number of baggage claim areas in Terminal 2, so it’s important to check your boarding pass carefully to make sure you go to the right one. The baggage claim areas for United arrivals at LHR can be found in Terminal 2A: Baggage Hall 1, and Terminal 2B: Baggage Hall 2.
Where does United Airlines fly from Heathrow?
United Airlines operates flights to various international routes from London Heathrow. The major U.S. connections are listed below.
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago–O’Hare (ORD)
- Denver (DIA)
- Houston–Intercontinental (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington–Dulles (IAD)
Is there a United Lounge facility at London Heathrow Airport?
There are 2 lounges available in LHR Terminal 2 offered by United Airlines which are United Club, and United Arrivals Lounge. United Club can be found in Terminal 2B whereas the Arrivals Lounge is offered at Terminal 2A.
|UNITED LOUNGE FACILITY||OPERATING TIME|
|United Club at Terminal 2B (After Security)||05:00 – 18:00|
|United Arrivals Lounge at Terminal 2A||05:00 – 14:00|
United Club at London Heathrow
United Airlines offers its United Club lounge located in Terminal 2B after security (across from Gate B46) at London Heathrow Airport. It is a premium airport lounge service that features a wide range of amenities and services to enhance the travel experience.
Qualifying United passengers can relax, and enjoy delicious food & beverages while they wait for their flight.
If you want to know how to qualify for United Lounge access, you can read our detailed blog which covers all information on getting access to United Club, and United Polaris Lounge.
United Club Amenities
- Premium Food
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Alcoholic beverages including beer, wine, spirits, and liquor
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Flight Monitors
- Clothes Press
- TVs, Printers & Copiers
- Telephone Service, and more.
United Airlines Heathrow Arrivals Lounge
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Airport can be found in Terminal 2A immediately after immigration, and customs. This lounge is specially designated for arriving passengers.
United arrivals lounge at LHR is a shared space featuring shower suites, seating areas, breakfast items, soft drinks, and more. It is exclusively available for passengers flying on United Polaris Business Class.
The qualifying passengers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon. The arrivals lounge is not accessible with United Club memberships, and one-time passes.
Parking Facility at LHR
London Heathrow Airport offers various on-site parking spaces where passengers, and visitors can park their vehicles by paying hourly or daily charges. Motorcycle owners can park at LHR free of cost.
Short Stay, Long Stay, Business Parking, Meet & Greet Parking, Heathrow Pod Parking, and Valet Parking are the various parking facilities available at the airport.
How much does it cost to park at London Heathrow?
|PARKING TIME||PARKING RATE|
|0 – 29 minutes||£5.30|
|30 – 44 minutes||£8.50|
|45 – 59 minutes||£11.40|
|1 – 2 hours||£14.50|
|2 – 3 hours||£17.80|
|3 – 4 hours||£21.60|
|4 – 5 hours||£27.60|
|5 – 6 hours||£35.60|
|6 – 9 hours||£48.50|
|9 – 12 hours||£63.50|
|12 – 24 hours||£77.10|
|Each additional 24-hour period||£77.10|
|PARKING DURATION||OFF-PEAK RATES||PEAK RATES|
|0 – 29 mins||Free||Free|
|30 mins – 1 hr 59 mins**||£8.30||£8.30|
|Additional 24-hour periods||£27.90||£31.80|
Are there car rental services at LHR Terminal 2?
London Heathrow Airport offers Car hire services with which passengers can rent vehicles as per their requirements. There are various car rental companies available at the airport.
Car Rental Companies at Heathrow
Passengers can use the airport’s official website to find, and book car rentals online.
If you are an AAA member, AARP member, active-duty military personnel, national guard, and federal government employee, you get exclusive car rental discounts, and benefits.
(Check out the following blogs to grab the discounts, and amenities.)
How to get car rental discounts with AAA?
A Comprehensive Guide to Car Rental Discounts with AARP.
Discover Military Discounts for Car rental services.
Explore 15+ PRO TIPS to get cheaper car rental discounts every time.
Conclusion on ‘Which terminal is United at Heathrow?’
As we are at the end of this blog, we explore United Airlines Terminal at London Heathrow Airport (LHR). LHR is one of the popular international routes for United Airlines.
United handles all flights to and from LHR in Terminal 2. Let’s conclude with some key points listed below.
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR) is a major international airport in London, United Kingdom, and is also one of the busiest airports in the world in terms of international passenger traffic.
- LHR Airport is equipped with four terminals namely Terminal 2, Terminal 3, Terminal 4, and Terminal 5.
- LHR Terminal 2 is the operating terminal for United Airlines. Terminal 2 is Heathrow’s new terminal which is also known as ‘The Queen’s Terminal’.
- United Airlines offers United Club, and United Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow. Qualifying passengers receive a variety of services, and amenities at these premium airport lounges.
- Parking facility is sufficient at LHR. Passengers and visitors can park their vehicles at the terminal parking available with hourly, or daily charges.
- There are car rental services available at Terminal 2 where passengers can hire a car for their trip in the United Kingdom.
FAQs on United Terminal at Heathrow Airport
How many terminals does Heathrow have?
London Heathrow Airport (LHR) is equipped with four terminals which are Terminal 2, Terminal 3, Terminal 4, and Terminal 5.
What terminal does United use at Heathrow?
United Airlines operates from Terminal 2 at Heathrow airport. All arrivals, and departures are handled from this terminal.
What terminal is United at Heathrow Departures?
All United Airlines departure flights from LHR are operated from Terminal 2. Baggage service, automated check-in, customer service, ticketing, United Club, and United Premier Check-in are the major services offered at the departure terminal.
Can you walk from T2 to T3 Heathrow?
Passengers can walk from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport using the pedestrian underpass. Customers with mobility complexities can request assistance.