Alaska Airlines is one of the influential airline companies in the United States with its headquarters in SeaTac, Washington. Alaska is a member of Oneworld Alliance and also operates flights via codeshare agreements with various other airlines across the globe.
It operates from five major hubs including Anchorage, Portland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Besides, San Jose, San Diego, and Boise are the focus cities.
In this particular blog, we will discover ‘Which terminal is Alaska Airlines at San Diego Airport?’ with the terminal map, arrivals/departures information, gates, parking facility, Alaska Lounge, and much more. So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Which terminal is Alaska Airlines at San Diego Airport (SAN)?
- Important Information for Alaska passengers at SAN Airport
- Alaska Airlines San Diego Terminal Map
- Alaska Airlines Departure Terminal San Diego
- San Diego Airport Alaska Airlines Arrivals Terminal
- Is there an Alaska Lounge at San Diego Airport?
- San Diego Airport Parking
- Conclusion on ‘Which terminal is Alaska Airlines at San Diego Airport?’
- FAQs on Alaska Airlines Terminal at San Diego Airport
Which terminal is Alaska Airlines at San Diego Airport (SAN)?
San Diego International Airport (SAN) is a major international airport serving Greater San Diego in the U.S. state of California. It is owned/operated by the San Diego Couty Regional Airport Authority and is a focus city for Alaska Airlines.
SAN Airport is equipped with two passenger terminals: Terminal 1, and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 holds 19 gates (Gate 1A and Gates 1-18) including two concourses at East and West. Likewise, Terminal 2 accommodates 32 gates with two concourses at the East and West.
Alaska Airlines operates from Terminal 2 East at San Diego Airport. The available Gates for Alaska Flights are Gates 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28a, 28b, 30, 33, 48, and 49. The ticket counters are available in Terminal 2 East and are operational daily from 4:15 am to 10:30 pm.
Alaska Airlines Terminal Facilities at San Diego Airport
- TSA PreCheck
- Cargo Services
- Partner Airline Lounge
- Free Wi-Fi at the airport
- Family Restroom
- Power Outlets at the gate
- Airport Check-in Kiosk
- Ticket Counters
Important Information for Alaska passengers at SAN Airport
- Passengers traveling with baggage, and pets must arrive 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure. This guideline is also applicable to those passengers traveling on international flights or requiring accessible services or ticket counter assistance.
- Baggage needs to be checked-in 3 hours prior to scheduled departure for passengers traveling internationally.
- If you don’t require ticket counter assistance or travel without baggage, you can reach the airport 1.5 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- The airline accepts checked baggage during ticket counter hours only (4:15 am to 10:30 pm), and no more than 4 hours prior to the flight departure.
Alaska Airlines San Diego Terminal Map
Alaska Airlines Departure Terminal San Diego
All Alaska Airlines departure flights to and from San Diego Airport are operated from Terminal 2 East. Check-in, Security Screening, Baggage handling, Free Wi-Fi, Partner Airline Lounge, and other amenities are available at the departure terminal.
San Diego Airport Alaska Airlines Arrivals Terminal
Like departures, all Alaska Airlines arrival flights are handled from Terminal 2 East at SAN. Facilities including Baggage Claim, Security Clearance, Free Wi-Fi, Restroom, Power Outlets, and others are offered at the arrival terminal.
Is there an Alaska Lounge at San Diego Airport?
Alaska Airlines doesn’t offer its own Lounge facility at San Diego Airport however, passengers are offered access to Partner Airline Lounges.
At San Diego International Airport, Alaska Airlines provides its passengers with access to Aspire Lounge located between Terminal 2 East security, and the bridge to Terminal 2 West.
Aspire Lounge is a newly renovated lounge service at San Diego Airport which is open daily from 5 am to 8 pm. The major amenities of the Aspire Lounge are complimentary showers, Free Wi-Fi, food & beverages, and dedicated business areas.
Aspire Lounge Food Options
|BREAKFAST MENU||AFTERNOON MENU|
|Assorted Cereals and Milk|
Bagels with Cream Cheese / Butter / Jams
Oatmeal with assorted toppings
Fresh Fruit Apples, Oranges, and Bananas
Hard Boiled Eggs
|Soup of the Day with saltine crackers or toppings|
Assorted Dinner Rolls with butter and jams
Garden Salad with choice of dressings and toppings
Assorted Meats and Cheeses
Fresh Fruit Apples, Oranges, and Bananas
Desserts Selection Brownies, Cookies, Cakes
To access Aspire Lounge at San Diego Airport, passengers need to have a valid Alaska Lounge+ membership, and also must have a ticket for same-day travel via Alaska Airlines. If you don’t have a membership, you can access Aspire lounge by paying the applicable fee.
San Diego Airport Parking
You can find various parking spaces at San Diego International Airport (SAN) including Terminal 2 Parking Plaza, Parking Reservations, Curbside Valet Parking, a Cell Phone Lot, and Employee Parking Lot.
The Terminal 2 Parking Plaza at SAN airport is recently upgraded with 1,800 extra parking spaces, covered parking, EV charging stations, and state-of-the-art technology. Alaska Airlines customers can park at the Terminal 2 Parking Plaza for convenience and easy access to the terminals.
The construction of new Terminal T1 is going on at the airport so, the Terminal1 Parking lot is permanently closed. That’s why Terminal 2 Parking Plaza is the best place to park at SAN Airport as it offers easy access to both terminals and is also the best lot for international travel.
Parking rates at San Diego Airport
|0 – 30 minutes||$2.50|
|30 – 60 minutes||$6.00|
|1 hour – 1.5 hours||$8.00|
|1.5 hours – 2 hours||$10.00|
|2 hours – 2.5 hours||$12.00|
|2.5 hours – 3 hours||$14.00|
|3 hours – 3.5 hours||$16.00|
|3.5 hours – 4 hours||$18.00|
|4 hours – 4.5 hours||$20.00|
|4.5 hours – 5 hours||$22.00|
|5 hours – 7 hours||$28.00|
|7 hours – 24 hours||$32.00|
If you are looking for cheaper rates, you can choose to park your vehicle at off-site parking locations. There are lots of off-site parking spaces located nearby SAN Airport where you can park your vehicle at reasonable rates.
Airport Parking Reservations is one of the best websites to find the best deals on off-site parking locations. Just visit airportparkingreservations.com and select departure airport along with Parking Check-in and Check-out date, and you will find lots of reasonable offers.
Conclusion on ‘Which terminal is Alaska Airlines at San Diego Airport?’
We explored the Alaska Airlines terminal at San Diego Airport including all important information such as the arrivals/departures terminal, map, lounge amenities, parking facility, and much more.
Let’s wrap up with some major points listed below.
- San Diego International Airport (SAN) is a major international airport serving Greater San Diego, California, and is the focus city for Alaska Airlines.
- SAN Airport features two passenger terminals namely Terminal 1, and Terminal 2. Alaska Airlines operates from Terminal 2 East at San Diego Airport. Gates 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28a, 28b, 30, 33, 48, and 49 are available for Alaska flights.
- You won’t find Alaska lounge in San Diego however, you get access to Aspire Lounge if you are an Alaska Lounge+ member.
- Various on-site, and off-site parking locations are available in, and near San Diego Airport.
FAQs on Alaska Airlines Terminal at San Diego Airport
Is Alaska Airlines in Terminal 1 or 2 at San Diego Airport?
Alaska Airlines operates from Terminal 2 East at San Diego Airport. All arrival and departure flights are handled from this terminal.
What airlines are in Terminal 2 in San Diego?
Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Edelweiss, Hawaiian Airlines, Japan Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa, United Airlines, and WestJet are in Terminal 2 in San Diego.
How early do I need to be at San Diego Airport?
For Alaska Airlines flights, you need to arrive at least 2 hours prior to your international scheduled departure, and 1.5 hours prior to the domestic departure. Also, passengers traveling with baggage, and pets must arrive 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure.
Is Alaska Airlines in Terminal 2 East or West?
Alaska Airlines uses Terminal 2 East to operate its all flights to and from San Diego Airport (SAN).