Are you dreaming to become a Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant?
Becoming a flight attendant is not that difficult however, you need to fulfil certain requirements, qualifications and must go through various intensive assessments.
You must be wondering about the requirements, processes, salary, training and other information on becoming a cabin crew for Spirit Airlines.
To assist you, we have created this informative blog explaining everything. So, let’s begin with Spirit Airlines introduction.
- About Spirit Airlines
- How to become a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines?
- Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
- Spirit Airlines Tattoo and Body Piercing Policy
- Processes to become a flight attendant at Spirit Airlines
- Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Training
- Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
- Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
- Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
- Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Benefits
- Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier that operates flights to various destinations across the United States. The airline has its headquarter in Florida and operates flights from eight hubs located in different airports.
Here are the Spirit Airlines operating bases.
- Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport, Illinois
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Texas
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Michigan
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Florida
- Harry Reid International Airport, Las Vegas
- Orlando International Airport, Florida
Spirit Airlines operates with 31 Airbus A319-100, 64 Airbus A320-200, 48 Airbus A320neo and 30 Airbus A321-200. Besides, the airline has orders for 31 Airbus A319neo, 80 Airbus A320neo and 30 Airbus A321-200.
How to become a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines publishes vacancies for various positions including flight attendants on its official website. You can find requirements, qualifications and other information related to the job in the website’s career section.
Now, let’s explore the basic requirements to become a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines.
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements for applying Spirit Airlines flight attendant post.
- The minimum required age is 21 years.
- High School Diploma, GED or College Degree is required as an educational qualification.
- The airline also requires applicants to have at least 2 years of customer service, hospitality, guest service or sales/merchandising industry.
- Applicants must also be able to reach aircraft overhead bins and storage areas.
- Must hold a genuine passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Applicants must be able to obtain authorization to work, travel in and out of the United States.
- You must be a team player, energetic, enthusiastic, dependable, outgoing and hold impressive interpersonal skills.
- You must be able to illustrate leadership capabilities.
- Applicants must agree to relocate bases as per airline requirements.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, days and holiday periods.
- Fluency in the English language is mandatory whereas having multiple language proficiencies especially Spanish is a plus point.
- Applicants must be able to present professionally at all times.
- Having Driver’s license is also preferred.
The minimum height requirement is 5 feet without shoes.
Applicants must be able to lift 50lbs from floor to above shoulder level.
Without using extension devices, applicants must be able to fasten a four-point jump seat harness.
Spirit Airlines Tattoo and Body Piercing Policy
The airline prohibits visible tattoos and body piercings. Applicants must comply with the no visible tattoo and piercing policy.
Flight Attendants at Spirit Airlines are allowed two matching earrings in the earlobe section only. Besides, cuffs and earlobe gauges are prohibited.
Processes to become a flight attendant at Spirit Airlines
- First of all, you need to visit the Spirit Airlines official website and locate the careers section. You can find vacancies there.
- Apply online if you find vacancies for the flight attendant. You are required to log in to the portal using your email.
- After accessing the job portal, you are required to create your online profile. Create your profile as instructed by the website.
- The next step is to submit your information and you can do it in two different ways. The first one is you can upload your resume and the career site will parse it and fill required fields. Another alternative is to fill out an online form and provide information to the system manually.
- After successfully filling in the details and submitting an application, the airline recruitment officer will carefully analyze your details and approve the application status if conditions are met.
- After approval, you may be asked to undertake a recorded video interview in order to be selected for the Spirit Airlines flight attendant job.
- The recorded video interview will be the final step of your application process which will decide your final result.
- If you manage to pass the video interview, you are eligible for the 4-week initial Flight Attendant training
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Training
Spirit Airlines provides initial flight attendant training to the selected candidates. This training is conducted for 4 weeks and flight attendants must compulsorily attend and pass the training course.
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Training covers various topics including customer service, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airline policies, Emergency handling, Aircraft Evacuation, Aircraft Familiarization, Aviation Product Knowledge and much more.
Talking about the incentives, trainees will receive a preloaded care card with $1000 that can be utilized for meals and expenses at the beginning of training. This care card has a daily limitation of $75 and trainees can’t exceed this amount. Besides, the airline will provide an additional $305 during the third week of training.
Furthermore, Spirit Airlines offers a graduation one-time bonus of $1,250 to the graduated flight attendants.
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
Flight Attendants at Spirit Airlines are required to work and relocate on any of the airlines current and future bases.
At present, flight attendants may be asked to work from the bases listed below.
- Atlantic City International Airport (ACY)
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Are you also looking for Flight Attendant jobs for other airlines in the United States? If yes, don't forget to visit the following links.
Become Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Become SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Become Silver Airways Flight Attendant
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
Spirit Airlines offers a competitive salary to its flight attendants. On average, flight attendants at Spirit are expected to earn almost $38,146 that is somewhat equal to the United States national average.
Talking about the hourly rate, flight attendants can make an average of $22 per hour. The hourly rate can range from $8 to $55 depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Benefits
Besides basic salary, flight attendants at Spirit Airlines can enjoy various benefits and perks.
- You receive medical and dental insurance.
- Short-term Disability Insurance (STD), Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD) and life insurance are also offered.
- You can benefit from a 410(k) retirement plan.
- You also get paid leave and various travel benefits.
- You can also benefit from tuition reimbursement of $4,500 maximum per year.
- You will have opportunities for career growth and development.
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions
Here are some common interview questions you can prepare to succeed in interview assessments.
Why do you want to become a flight attendant?
What actually is a flight attendant job or how can you describe it?
What can you tell us about Spirit Airlines?
Why did you choose to apply for Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant?
What is your greatest strength and weakness?
Why do you think we should hire you for this post?
What does the Spirit Airlines brand mean to you?
Are you willing to relocate bases as per our requirements?
Have you ever dealt with an angry or upset customer? If yes, how did you handle it?
What are your language proficiencies?
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does a Spirit Flight Attendant?
Flight Attendants at Spirit Airlines are expected to earn approximately $38,000 yearly which is almost equal to the United States national average. Talking about the hourly rate, you can make an average of $22 per hour.
How do you become a Spirit Flight Attendant?
First of all, you need to fulfil all basic and physical requirements. After that, you need to apply online through the Spirit Airlines official website’s career section. You may be required to go through a recorded video interview assessment that will be the final selection procedure.
Where are Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant bases?
Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant bases are located in Atlanta, Texas, Florida, Los Angeles, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale.
How long is Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant training?
The initial Flight Attendant training provided by Spirit Airlines is conducted for 4 weeks.