Are you willing to apply for the JetBlue flight attendant job?
If yes, you need to read this full article to explore requirements, processes, interview tips, salary and various other information related to the flight attendant jobs.
Before getting to the main point, let’s discover some basic details on JetBlue Airways.
- About JetBlue Airways
- How to become a JetBlue Flight Attendant?
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Requirements
- Processes to become Flight Attendant for JetBlue
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Training
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Uniform
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Salary
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Benefits
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
About JetBlue Airways
JetBlue Airways is a budget carrier that operates more than 1000 daily flights to various domestic and international destinations. The airline has its headquarter in Long Island City, New York, United States.
The airline operates flights to 100 destinations across the United States and international flights to Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean. JetBlue also conducts flights under codeshare agreements with 21 airlines.
JetBlue operates flights from 5 bases located at different airports.
Logan International Airport, Boston
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Florida
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles
John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City
Orlando International Airport, Orlando
Looking into the fleet details, JetBlue Airways operates with 8 Airbus A220-300 (62 new orders), 130 Airbus A320-200, 63 Airbus A321-200, 3 Airbus A321LR (10 new orders), 18 Airbus A321neo (41 new orders) and 60 Embraer 190. In addition, 13 Airbus A321XLR have been ordered.
How to become a JetBlue Flight Attendant?
JetBlue Airways announces vacancies for flight attendants frequently and you can apply for the position if certain requirements are met.
There are basic requirements set by the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) which you have to fulfil in order to apply for flight attendant jobs. Besides, you also need to meet the educational qualifications and physical proficiencies.
First of all, let’s explore the flight attendant requirements for JetBlue Airways.
JetBlue Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements for becoming a JetBlue Flight Attendant.
- The minimum age of an applicant must be 20 years
- High School Diploma or GED level education is required
- Must fulfil full medical including hearing and sight tests
- As per height requirement, you must be able to reach 6 feet 3 inches without shoes
- Body Mass Index (BMI) must be in the normal range
- Applicants must be able to swim 50 metres
- Applicants must obtain legal authorization to work in the United States
- A valid passport is mandatory
- Applicants must be able to fulfil all physical requirement
- Applicants when selected must be willing to relocate at different bases as per the airline’s requirement
- Fluency in the English language (Both Written and Spoken) is required
- Holding Proficiency in Multiple Languages will be a plus point
Processes to become Flight Attendant for JetBlue
You need to follow these steps to apply and become a JetBlue Flight Attendant.
- First of all, you need to visit the airline’s official website and find vacancies for flight attendants.
- If there are active vacancies available, you can apply online by filling the application form and submitting the required documents like a resume, photograph, educational certificate, experience certificate, passport details and much more.
- The airline recruit management team will screen your application and contact you for further assessment if all requirements are met.
- Your next assessments include group discussions, physical proficiency checks and one to one interviews.
- If you manage to pass all the assessments mentioned above, you will be called for a final face to face interview in which the interviewer will ask various questions related to flight attendant jobs.
- After successfully passing the final interview, you will be selected for the JetBlue flight attendant training program.
JetBlue Flight Attendant Training
Those applicants passing the flight attendant selection assessments will spend almost 4 weeks of initial flight attendant training at JetBlue University in Orlando.
This flight attendant training program is conducted to provide emergency handling skills, aircraft familiarization, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), flight attendant responsibilities, airline policies, aviation product knowledge and much more.
JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions
Following are the common questions that can be asked during interview assessments.
Tell us about yourself?
Why do you want to become a flight attendant?
What do you know about JetBlue Airways and why did you choose it?
What do you think the key responsibilities of a flight attendant are?
Have you worked as a flight attendant for other airlines?
Do you hold any customer service experience?
Did you ever encounter angry or upset customers? If yes, how did you manage to deal with such a situation?
How do you manage stress at work?
What is your greatest strength and weakness?
What qualities do you think you have to become a flight attendant?
How many bases does JetBlue operate from?
Do you know the type of aircraft we operate flights with?
JetBlue Flight Attendant Uniform
If you are looking for tips to join the other U.S. airlines as a flight attendant, read the following blogs.
JetBlue Flight Attendant Salary
Flight Attendants at JetBlue are expected to earn almost $40,600 yearly and this pay scale is 22 per cent above the national average.
Talking about the hourly rate, JetBlue Airways flight attendants can make an average of $2 per hour. The hourly rate can range from $4 to $77 depending upon the seniority level and experience.
JetBlue Flight Attendant Benefits
Besides basic salary, JetBlue Airways Flight Attendants enjoy various benefits and perks that are listed below.
- Flight Attendants receive various Travel Opportunities
- You get flexible working hours
- 401k plan is also provided
- JetBlue offers a staff discount program
- You will also benefit from Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Insurance Scheme and Medical Coverage are important benefits
- You will have career growth opportunities with post-employment training and development programs
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much money do JetBlue flight attendants make?
JetBlue Flight Attendants earn approximately $40,600 per year which is 22 per cent above the United States national average. You can earn an average of $26 per hour with JetBlue Airways.
How do I become a JetBlue flight attendant?
First of all, you need to fulfil all the requirements including physical, educational and documentation. After that, you must apply online and go through various assessments to become a flight attendant for JetBlue Airways.
Is it hard to become a flight attendant for JetBlue?
You are required to go through various assessments including group discussions, physical tests, one to one interviews and much more. These assessments are tough however, you can pass them if you are enthusiastic and possess good qualities.
How long is JetBlue flight attendant training?
JetBlue offers 4 weeks of flight attendant training to the selected candidates at the JetBlue University in Orlando. The training period might fluctuate depending upon various situations such as pandemics.