Are you wanting to become an Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant?
If yes, you need to fulfil certain requirements and go through various tests to enrol Eastern Airlines as a successful flight attendant.
In this article, you will explore all the information such as requirements, processes, exams, salary, uniforms, working bases and much more related to the Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant jobs.
Before getting to the main topic, let us first know quick details on Eastern Airlines.
About Eastern Airlines
Eastern Airlines is an American carrier that operates domestic as well as international flights from its base at Miami International Airport. The airline was founded in 2010 when it began its charter service as Dynamic Airways.
The name was changed to Dynamic International Airways in 2018 to represent the transition from charter service to scheduled international services. It was finally rebranded as Eastern Airlines in 2015.
The airline operates flights to New York City (United States), Boston (United States), Asuncion (Paraguay), Guayaquil (Ecuador), Quito (Ecuador), Managua (Nicaragua), Belo Horizonte (Brazil) and Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Bolivia) from its main hub at Miami International Airport.
Talking about fleet details, Eastern Airlines operates with 3 Boeing 767-200, 1 Boeing 77-200ER and 5 Boeing 767-300ER.
How to become an Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant?
Eastern Airlines hire cabin crews with a mix of genders, ages and different backgrounds. As per the airline policy, you might require customer service experience to join the flight attendant job.
Applicants applying for the Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant job must go through various assessments to succeed.
First of all, let’s know the basic requirements to apply for the job.
Flight Attendant Job requirements for Eastern Airlines
Here are the basic requirements for the Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant job.
- The age of the applicant must be minimum of 21 years
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) diploma is required
- Applicants must be ready to work across the airline’s destinations
- Must be able to fulfil all the medical standards
- Must hold approval for living and working in the United States
- Must be able to obtain Transport United State’s security clearance
- Fluency in the English Language (Written and Spoken) is a must
- Multiple languages proficiency will be an advantage
- Some basic internet skills are required
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience is required
- The minimum height requirement is 5 feet and the maximum is 5 feet 10 inches
Processes to become Flight Attendant for Eastern Airlines
After you fulfil all the basic requirements we discussed above, you must go through the following processes to successfully complete your recruitment.
- First of all, visit the Eastern Airlines Careers website and locate the active flight attendant vacancy
- You will be asked to submit the Flight Attendant Online Application Form with various details
- After evaluating your online form, the HR department will contact you for further processes that may include virtual interviews, group discussions, personal interviews, physical tests and much more.
- If you manage to complete all tests and assessments, you will be hired as an Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant job.
- You will also go through initial flight attendant training before initiating the services.
Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant Uniforms
Wondering how to become a flight attendant for various other airlines in the United States? Visit the articles listed below.
How to become a Sun Country Flight Attendant? How to become a SkyWest Flight Attendant? How to become a Silver Airways Flight Attendant?
Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
Eastern Airlines Flight Attendants are expected to earn a yearly pay of approximately $33,444 in the United States. This pay scale meets the United States national average.
The hourly salary rate can range from $10 to $36 depending upon the experience and seniority level. The average hourly rate is $27.
Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
Eastern Airlines operates flights to various domestic and international destinations from its base at Miami International Airport (MIA). So, flight attendants are required to work from this base airport.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much do Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant make?
Eastern Airlines Flight Attendants are expected to earn a yearly pay of approximately $33,444 in the United States. As per the average hourly rate, the average pay per hour is $27.
What qualifications does a flight attendant need?
To become a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines, you need physical as well as educational qualifications. Besides, you need to full other qualifications including language proficiency, technology skills, problem-solving capabilities and much more.
What are the physical requirements for a flight attendant?
As an Eastern Airlines flight attendant applicant, you must be physically fit which means the minimum height requirement of 5 feet must be met. Besides, your Body Mass Index (BMI) must be normal and you must also be able to lift luggage.
Is there a weight requirement to be a flight attendant?
Talking about the weight requirement, there are no such definite specifications however, your body weight must be in proportion to your height. In short, your Body Mass Index (BMI) must be in the normal range.