Planning to apply for SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant in 2023?
This article has been prepared to provide all the information related to becoming a successful flight attendant for SkyWest airlines. So, stay till the end to explore important information and tips to succeed.
Without further ado, let’s get started with some basic details about SkyWest Airlines.
Table of Contents
About SkyWest Airlines
SkyWest is a regional airline company in the United States with headquarters in St. George, Utah. The airline operates from 11 hubs located at various airports in the country under the supervision of mainline partners.
The airline operates with Mitsubishi CRJ200, CRJ700, CRJ900, Embraer 175SC and E175 aircraft. The total fleet is 497 and is operated for mainline partner airlines including Delta Connection, United Express, American Eagle and Alaska Airlines.
How to become a SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant?
As an applicant for a flight attendant, you need to fulfill various requirements set by the airline and the aviation regulatory body. The important requirements include education, language proficiency, experience, age and so on.
Let’s find out the basic requirements to apply for SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant.
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements for a Flight Attendant job at SkyWest Airlines.
- The minimum age requirement is 21 years.
- A High School Diploma or GED level of education is a must.
- Must be able to fulfill Medical standards.
- Body piercings are not allowed.
- Applicants must hold a valid US or foreign passport.
- Must obtain legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have valid authorization to travel in and out of the United States, Mexico, Canada and the Bahamas.
- Applicants must be willing to relocate to any of SkyWest’s 18 crew domiciles.
- Must be able to pass drug tests and background checks.
- Proficiency in the English Language (Writing, Reading and Speaking) is a must.
In addition to the basic requirements, the airline requires applicants to meet the following physical requirements.
- The minimum height requirement is 5 feet and the maximum is 6 feet without shoes.
- Applicants must be able to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward.
- Applicants must also fit quickly through the over-wing exit and sit in the Flight Attendant jump seat without modification or a seatbelt extension.
- Must be able to open exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Applicants must also be able to push and pull beverage carts that weigh up to 250 pounds.
SkyWest Airlines Tattoo Policy
The majority of passenger airlines across the globe strictly prohibit visible tattoos for flight attendants however, SkyWest Airlines allows visible tattoos with certain limitations.
At SkyWest, flight attendants can hide their visible tattoos by using their uniform or with skin tone compatible tattoo makeup. Tattoos are not allowed to be covered with bandages. In addition, the airline doesn’t allow offensive tattoos to be visible.
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Hiring Process
If you meet all the basic and physical requirements we discussed above, you can apply for the flight attendant vacancy at SkyWest Airlines. You must follow the hiring processes mentioned below to become a successful flight attendant.
- First of all, you need to visit the SkyWest Airlines Career site and find vacancies for flight attendants.
- If you find vacancies, you can read the requirements and other details before applying for the post.
- If you meet the job requirements, you can complete an online application and then submit it online.
- Those candidates qualified for the SkyWest flight attendant job will receive an interview scheduled.
- Applicants must go through various assessments including document verification, group interviews, in-person interview and much more.
- If you manage to pass all the assessments, you will be selected for the Initial New Hire Flight Attendant Training program offered by SkyWest Airlines.
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Training Program
Successful applicants are provided with the Initial New Hire Flight Attendant Training program by SkyWest Airlines. This program is held in Salt Lake City, Utah at the SkyWest Airlines Hangar for a period of 32 days.
The training program will be conducted up to 10 hours per day that includes topics like aircraft familiarization, airline policies, FAA regulations, customer service, job-related training, aviation product knowledge and much more.
Qualified applicants can benefit from the Initial Flight Attendant Training provided by SkyWest Airlines because they will receive almost $1,100 after successful completion of the training. Besides, the airline will cover hotel accommodation charges, provide shuttle services and other additional costs.
The flight attendants must go through Initial Operating Experience (IOE) which is the second phase of Flight Attendant training. After completing IOE, the new hire will be assigned a reserve work schedule at the assigned base.
As soon as the new hire completes a 30 to 90 days work schedule following IOE, the airline will conduct the final phase of the flight attendant training known as the Initial Line Check. The flight attendants must pass this test with a satisfactory score to continue working with SkyWest Airlines.
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Contract
After successful completion of the initial flight attendant training, you will be ready to commercially work for SkyWest Airlines. As per the job contract, you will be guaranteed 76 flight hours per bid period as a reserved.
The 76 hours pay is guaranteed for all reserve flight attendants whether they work for a full 76 hours or not. Also, reserve flight attendants get flight hours between 76 and 129 hours per monthly bid period.
Want to become a flight attendant for major airlines in the U.S.? Become a flight attendant for United Airlines Become a flight attendant for American Airlines Become a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines Become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines Become a flight atttendant for Delta Air Lines Become a flight attendant for Hawaiian Airlines Become a flight attendant for Allegiant Air Become a flight attendant for Avelo Airlines Become a flight attendant for Breeze Airways Become a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines Become a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines Become a flight attendant for JetBlue Become a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines Become a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines Become a flight attendant for Silver Airways
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
The average salary of a flight attendant at SkyWest Airlines is $18,974 per year and this pay scale range from $17,118 per year to $20,830 per year depending upon the years of service and seniority level.
In addition, SkyWest flight attendants benefit from a payment of $2.00 per diem for every hour they are on duty away from their assigned base. This makes almost an additional $3,900 per year which is a significant boost in salary.
|SERVICE PERIOD||PER HOUR RATE||MONTHLY SALARY||YEARLY SALARY|
|0-6 Months||$18.77||$1,426.52 ($8,559.12 in 6 months)|
|6 months – 1 Year||$19.43||$1,476.68 ($8,860.08 in 6 months)|
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Benefits
Besides basic salary, flight attendants and other employees at SkyWest Airlines enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Travel Privileges for family members.
- Travel with reduced fares with other carriers.
- Benefit from 410(k) retirement plan.
- Life Insurance Facilities
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Programs.
- Benefit from airline resources.
- Employee assistance program.
- Financial Counseling or Psychiatric Care and much more.
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
Flight Attendants at SkyWest Airlines are provided with basic uniform pieces without any cost. They will also receive $5 each paycheck for maintaining their proper uniform.
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
Flight Attendants at SkyWest Airlines are required to work from any of the 18 crew domiciles. Crews can relocate bases however, it depends upon the airline policy and relocation requirements.
SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Domiciles are listed below.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Seattle, Washington
- Portland International Airport (PDX), Portland, Oregon
- Boise Airport (BOI), Ada County, Idaho
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), San Francisco
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), California
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Los Angeles
- Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), Palm Springs
- San Diego International Airport (SAN), San Diego
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX), Phoenix
- Tucson International Airport (TUS), Arizona
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), Houston
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Texas
- Detroit Metro Airport (DTW), Detroit
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Chicago
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), Minnesota
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS), Colorado Springs
- Denver International Airport (DEN), Denver
- Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC), Utah
This is how you can become a successful flight attendant or cabin crew for SkyWest Airlines.
We have covered almost every piece of information till the end of this article. If you have any queries, please do write in the comment section below or contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does a SkyWest flight attendant make?
Flight Attendants at SkyWest can earn an average salary of $18,974 per year and this pay scale range from $17,118 per year to $20,830 per year depending upon the years of service and seniority level.
Does SkyWest Airlines pay for flight attendant training?
Yes, SkyWest Airlines pays $1,100 for flight attendants after successful completion of the initial flight attendant training.
Do SkyWest employees fly free?
SkyWest Airlines employees fly free on SkyWest flights and also get discounts on other various airlines. In addition, eligible family members can also enjoy travel privileges.
Is SkyWest a good airline to work for?
SkyWest is one of the major regional airline companies in the United States and operates with mainline partners including Delta Connection, Alaska Airlines, United Express and so on. Due to these reasons, it is a good airline to work for.