Are you planning to apply for Silver Airways Flight Attendant in 2023? If yes, you can go through this detailed article to find out the requirements, hiring processes, training program, salary, and much more.
As an applicant, you must fulfill various requirements set by the aviation regulatory body and the airlines before applying.
So, let’s explore all the information and tips on becoming a flight attendant for Silver Airways.
Table of Contents
About Silver Airways
Silver Airways is a regional airline in the United States that operates flights from three bases; Orlando, Florida and Fort Lauderdale. The airline has its headquarters in Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Broward County, Florida.
Talking about the fleet, Silver Airways operates with 8 ATR 42-600 and 4 ATR 72-600. The airline also operated with 4 Saab 340 aircraft till 2019 when they were replaced by ATR aircraft.
The airline operates scheduled commercial flights from its 3 hubs to various domestic destinations in Florida. Besides, it has established codeshare agreements with global airline alliances including American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways and much more.
How to Become a Flight Attendant for Silver Airways?
Before applying for a flight attendant vacancy at Silver Airways, you need to meet certain requirements that include education, age, experience and so on.
Let’s find out the basic requirements for flight attendants.
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements to be fulfilled for Silver Airways Flight Attendant jobs.
- The age of the applicant must be at least 21 years.
- High-School Diploma or GED Level Education is required.
- Must fulfil Medical Standards set by the FAA.
- Tattoos and Body Piercings are not allowed.
- Proficiency in the English Language (Writing, Speaking and Reading) is a must.
- Multiple language proficiency is an advantage.
- Applicants must hold a valid United States passport.
- Applicants must obtain legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must obtain legal authorization to travel in and out of the U.S.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of 2 years of customer service experience.
- Must have sound knowledge of email and the internet.
- The minimum height requirement is 5 feet and the maximum allowed height is 5 feet 10 inches.
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Hiring Process
If you meet all the requirements mentioned above, you are eligible for applying to the flight attendant vacancy at Silver Airways. For that, you need to go through the following hiring processes.
- First of all, you need to find any active vacancies published on the Silver Airways Careers Site. If you find vacancies, you can click the link.
- After that, you are required to submit an application form with the required documents and certifications. You can print the application form for future use.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully analyze your application and contact you for further processes that includes document verification, personal interviews, group discussions, personality tests and much more.
- If you manage to pass the assessments, you will be selected for the flight attendant post at Silver Airways.
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Training
Selected applicants will be provided with initial flight attendant training to make them ready for flying with Silver Airways.
The flight attendant training programs are specially designed to let flight attendants understand airline policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), aircraft familiarization, customer service and so on.
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Bases
Silver Airways operates from three bases located at different airports in the United States. So, flight attendants need to work from any of the bases mentioned below.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Broward County, Florida
- Orlando International Airport (MCO), Downtown Orlando, Florida
- Tampa International Airport (TPA), Hillsborough County, Florida
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Uniform
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Contract
Silver Airways offers various contract agreements to its flight attendants. The contract agreement is provided to the flight attendants after being hired.
The major provisions in the Flight Attendant Contract include:
- Salary Increment
- Minimum Days off for Lineholders
- Improvised PayScale System
- Compensation for flying past midnight
- Minimum flying hours
- Options to increase minimum rest and much more.
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Contract can be found at the official site.
Want to become a flight attendant for major airlines in the U.S.? Become a flight attendant for United Airlines Become a flight attendant for American Airlines Become a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines Become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines Become a flight atttendant for Delta Air Lines Become a flight attendant for Hawaiian Airlines Become a flight attendant for Allegiant Air Become a flight attendant for Avelo Airlines Become a flight attendant for Breeze Airways Become a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines Become a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines Become a flight attendant for JetBlue Become a flight attendant for Spirit Airlines Become a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines Become a flight attendant for SkyWest Airlines
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Salary
Flight Attendants at Silver Airways can make an average of $24,324 per year and this pay scale can range from $18,867 per year to $50,213 per year depending upon the seniority level and experience.
Talking about the hourly rate, the average earning is $22 per hour and can range from $9 to $24 per hour.
Silver Airways Flight Attendant Benefits
Besides basic salary, Flight Attendants at Silver Airways can enjoy various benefits.
- Insurance Benefits
- Retirement Benefits including 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation and Time off
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Travel Perks and much more.
This is how you can become a Silver Airways flight attendant. The information we discussed in this article covers almost all aspects of becoming a cabin crew for Silver Airways.
If you have any doubts or queries, please do not hesitate to comment or contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much do Silver Airways flight attendants make?
Flight Attendants at Silver Airways earn an average of $24,324 per year and it can range from $18,867 per year to $50,213 per year depending upon the seniority level and experience.
Is Silver Airways a good airline?
As per Skytrax rating, Silver Airways is certified as a 3-star airline after analyzing the service rating, cleanliness, food and beverages, fleet, amenities and so on. With that, we can assume the airline is average.
What type of planes does Silver Airways fly?
Silver Airways operates with ATR 42-600 and ATR 72-600 planes that are manufactured with a new ergonomic design and lightweight slim seats.