What terminal is Delta at LAX? Explore New Delta Sky Club.
Delta Air Lines is one of the oldest airlines operating flights to various destinations across the world. The airline is among the major carriers in the United States as it executes more than 5,400 flights a day serving 325 destinations in 52 countries.
Delta, the founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance, operates from 9 different hubs located at various airports in the United States.
At present, Delta Hubs include:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Georgia
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport (BOS), East Boston
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW), Michigan
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Los Angeles
- Minneapolis – Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), Minnesota
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York City
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), New York City
- Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC), Utah
- Seattle – Tacoma International Airport (SEA), SeaTac
In this particular blog, we will be focusing on the Delta Air Lines Terminal location at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and its amenities. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- What terminal is Delta at LAX Airport?
- Delta Airlines Departure Terminal LAX
- Delta Airlines Arrival Terminal LAX
- Delta Airlines Security at LAX
- Delta Air Lines New Terminal LAX
- Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club LAX
- Delta Airlines First Class Lounge LAX
- Delta Airlines Lounge Access LAX
- What terminal is Delta Baggage Claim at LAX?
- What food is in the Delta Terminal at LAX?
- Delta Airlines LAX Lost and Found
- Delta Airlines LAX Baggage Claim Phone Number
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What terminal is Delta at LAX Airport?
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is one of the major airports located in Westchester, California. The airport initiated its service 93 years ago on 1st October 1928 and now it is a primary hub for big airline companies in the United States including Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, American Airlines and Alaska Airlines.
As we are talking about Delta Air Lines in this blog, the carrier operates from Terminal 2 at LAX Airport located on the northern side.
LAX features 8 terminal buildings numbered from 1 to 8 and an additional Terminal B named Tom Bradley International Terminal. Delta passengers are required to check-in at Terminal 2 and they will be bused to Terminal B from where international flights depart and arrive.
The above image illustrates the latest airline location map at LAX where you can see the assigned terminal for Delta Air Lines.
All regular Delta operations including check-in, bag drop, security service and special assistance are carried out at Terminal 2.
Delta Air Lines is also preparing to operate from the new Terminal 3 at LAX for which necessary preparations are going on. We will discuss the details in the section below.
Delta Airlines Departure Terminal LAX
All the departure flights of Delta Air Lines operate from Terminal 2 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Those passengers eligible for amenities can benefit from Delta Sky Club located on Terminal 2.
Delta Airlines Arrival Terminal LAX
The Delta Air Lines arrival at LAX is different for international and domestic flights. All international flights arrive on Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal) whereas domestic flights arrive on Terminal 2.
Besides arrival and departure terminal location, Delta Air Lines features different arrangements for connecting flights which can be understood through the lists below.
- Terminal 2 or Terminal B is allocated for all connecting domestic or international flights to another domestic or international flights departure.
- Delta operates an inter-terminal shuttle bus between Terminal 2 and Terminal B.
- Delta passengers arriving on international or domestic flights at Terminal B must go-through immigration, baggage claim area, customs and head towards Terminal 2 to recheck their bags for the next destination.
- If you are connecting from an international flight to another international flight at LAX, you must go through immigration, baggage claim and customs at arrival Terminal B and again move towards Terminal 2 to recheck bags. Again you are required to head back to Terminal B (due to ongoing renovations at LAX) from T2 and go through security checks for the next international flight.
Also, Delta Air Lines has specific terminal configurations for flights operated at LAX in collaboration with partner airlines.
- All partner-operated international flights for Delta Air Lines will arrive at Terminal B at LAX.
- AeroMexico passengers are required to check-in and drop bags at Terminal 2. Then, they are required to walk or take a shuttle service to Terminal B for international flights departure.
- WestJet passengers are also required to check-in, drop bags and board at Terminal 2.
- China Eastern, Korean Air, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic and LATAM passengers are required to use Terminal B for check-in, baggage drop and boarding.
Delta Airlines Security at LAX
Delta Air Lines offers CLEAR and TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Precheck facilities at Terminal 2.
CLEAR is a service that allows passengers to speed up their travel document check whereas the TSA PreCheck is done to expedite the physical screening process.
The TSA PreCheck service at LAX Terminal B is available at specific hours only.
Delta Air Lines New Terminal LAX
Delta Air Lines is preparing to operate from Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport and for that, renovations are going on. The operation is expected to begin from Spring 2022 with the introduction of the New Delta Sky Club.
The airline will be introducing new features at Terminal 3 and enhancing facilities at T2 that include:
- New Delta Sky Club with Sky Deck and other premium enhancements.
- Faster Check-in Service with a new lobby, baggage claim area and security screening checkpoint.
- Terminal 3 Concourse with enhanced seating space, premium retail and dining.
- New Departure Gates at Terminal 3.
- Enhanced Delta One Check-in Experience.
- Private and Personalized Check-in Experience in Terminal 2.
- Private reception area featuring Elite Services.
- Complimentary snack and beverage.
- Amenities at Delta Air Lines LAX Terminal
Delta offers various perks and benefits to its valuable passengers at the departure or arrival airports which include the famous ‘Delta Sky Club’.
Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club LAX
Delta Air Lines offers Delta Sky Club at Terminal 2 Mezzanine Level which opens daily from 4:30 in the morning till 12:30 next morning.
The facilities available at the Sky Club include:
- Flight Assitance provided by the expert Delta Sky Club Ambassador
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Food and Beverage with menu selections
- Enjoy Seasonal Cocktails from award-winning beverage program ‘THE BAR’
- Charging and Ports
- Satellite TV
- Wi-Fi Xerox Printers
Delta Airlines First Class Lounge LAX
Delta Air Lines First Class passengers can enjoy Delta Sky Club and Partner Lounges at LAX.
|FIRST CLASS LOUNGE||LOCATION AND TIME|
|Delta Sky Club||Terminal 2 Mezzanine Level (Operates daily from 4:30 am to 12:30 am)|
|Delta Sky Club||Across from T2 Main Club (Operates daily from 6:30 in the morning till 11 in the night)|
|Korean Airlines Lounge||Airside – Termina B (Temporarily Closed)|
Explore More Delta Air Lines Terminal Delta Air Lines Terminal at JFK Delta Air Lines Terminal at LGA Delta Air Lines Terminal at MCO Delta Air Lines Terminal at Logan Delta Air Lines Terminal at DTW Delta Air Lines Terminal at MSP Delta Air Lines Terminal at SFO Delta Air Lines Terminal at IAH
Delta Airlines Lounge Access LAX
Passengers can access Delta Air Lines Lounge at LAX by reaching Terminal 2 Mezzanine Level, Terminal 2 Main Club and Airside – Terminal B South Side Wing.
Delta Sky Club is operated on Terminal 2 whereas Korean Airlines Lounge (in partnership with Delta) is available at Terminal B.
What terminal is Delta Baggage Claim at LAX?
The Delta Air Lines Baggage Claim area at LAX is at Terminal 2 from where maximum flights depart and arrive. Besides, all international Delta flights arrive at Terminal B so, passengers are required to claim their bags from the baggage claim area at Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B).
What food is in the Delta Terminal at LAX?
Delta Air Lines passengers eligible for Delta Sky Club can enjoy a variety of healthy foods available all day. The airline offers a seasonally-inspired menu that includes breakfast and all-day available foods.
At present, Delta is offering a Fall/Winter menu for breakfast and all-day food items that includes quick snacks, sandwiches, regional dishes, fresh salads, soups and much more.
Here is the available list of food items on the breakfast menu.
- Fresh Fruits and Fruit Juices
- Greek Yogurts and Milk
- Overnight oats or chia pudding
- Starbucks coffee and espresso drinks
- Various cold cereals
- All-natural oatmeal
- Toasted bagels and cream cheese
- Bakery items including Muffins and pastries
- Hard-Cooked Eggs
Likewise, the all-day fall/winter menu include the following foods.
- Fresh entree salads and grain salads
- Sandwiches and wraps
- Starbucks Coffee and Espresso Drinks
- Coca-Cola Drinks
- Bakery items including Brownies, Cookies and Dessert Bars
- Whole fruits and savoury snacks
- Hummus and crudite cups
- Warm Comforting Soups and Bisques
- Cold side salads and much more…
In addition, the airline offers a gluten-free option for specific customers. Delta claims the foods served at Delta Sky Club are fresh and healthy.
Also, the airline makes use of eco-friendly packaging to reduce its carbon footprint.
Delta Sky Club members can also enjoy various beverages and cocktails available at ‘THE BAR’ including wines, beers and seltzer, spirits and liqueurs, premium wines, premium spirits and signature cocktails.
Delta Airlines LAX Lost and Found
If your baggage gets delayed, mishandled, lost, damaged and so on, you must contact the baggage service section as soon as possible.
For that, you can contact Delta Baggage Service Center at LAX and acquire a File Reference number. After that, you need to fill out a form to submit a claim for your mishandled baggage.
Passengers can use the phone numbers; 800-325-8224 or 404-209-3043 to report the mishandled baggage issue. The airline requires passengers to submit a claim by filling out the report form within 30 days from the date reported.
Delta Air Lines will try to recover your mishandled baggage within 24 hours for domestic flights whereas it might take 7 days for international flights.
Explore Alaska Airlines Terminal at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Find out United Airlines Terminal at Newark Liberty Int'l Airport (EWR)
Delta Airlines LAX Baggage Claim Phone Number
800-325-8224 and 404-209-3043 are the baggage claim phone numbers that can be used by Delta Air Lines passengers to report their mishandled bags.
We covered almost all information related to ‘What terminal is Delta at LAX?’. If you require any further information, you can contact airline representatives and also, don’t hesitate to submit your queries in the comment section below.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which terminal is Delta airline in LAX?
Delta Air Lines operates from Terminal 2 and Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal) at LAX. The airline will also be operating from Terminal 3 starting spring 2022.
What airlines are in Terminal 2 LAX?
Airlines including Aeromexico, Delta Air Lines and WestJet operate from Terminal 2 at LAX.
How do I know what terminal my Delta flight is?
The Terminal number is included on your ticket or it can also be found on the e-mail confirmation sent by the airlines after booking a flight.
What airlines are in Terminal 3 at LAX?
Terminal 3 at LAX is under renovation and will be used by Delta Air Lines.