Becoming a Cabin Crew or a flight attendant is one of the best career options to choose in the aviation industry as it offers an opportunity to travel and earn at the same time.
If you are also passionate about pursuing your career as a flight attendant, you need to find the right opportunities and apply for the post.
There are lots of commercial airline companies across the globe that offer opportunities for you to join their team as a flight attendant. Air France is among the airlines that allow you to join as a flight attendant.
So, what does it take to become an Air France Flight attendant? Let’s find out in this blog.
- About Air France
- Air France Flight Attendant Requirements
- Air France Flight Attendant Hiring Process
- Air France Flight Attendant Training Program
- Air France Flight Attendant Uniform
- Air France Flight Attendant Salary
- Air France Flight Attendant Benefits
- Air France Flight Attendant Bases
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About Air France
Air France is the national flag carrier of France that operates flights to over 175 destinations in 93 countries from its hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) and Paris Orly Airport (ORY). The airline has its headquarters in Roissypole, CDG Airport.
Talking about fleet status, Air France currently operates with major aircraft including Airbus A330, A350, Boeing 777, 787-9 Dreamliner and others.
The national flag carrier also conducts flights via codeshare agreements with major foreign carriers including Aeroflot, Austrian Airlines, airBaltic, Air Malta, Copa Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Korean Air, Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Qantas and much more.
How to become an Air France Flight Attendant?
Air France offers opportunities to join the team as a flight attendant. As an applicant, you must meet the basic requirements and go through various assessments to get selected for the post.
Let’s explore the requirements and hiring processes below.
Air France Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to fulfil before applying for the flight attendant post at Air France.
- The minimum age of an applicant must be 18 years.
- Applicants must be an EEA (European Economic Area) national.
- Must hold high school diploma education level that is equivalent to French Baccalaureate school leavers certification.
- Fluency in the English and French languages is mandatory.
- Must hold a document verifying the level of English (Validated within the last 24 months).
- Proficiency in other languages is a plus point.
- Applicants must hold a valid Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA).
- Health and Fitness levels must be good enough to pass the medical assessments.
- The minimum height requirement is 152 cm and the maximum is 182 cm.
- Applicants must be willing to relocate and work varied shifts.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to swim 25 meters.
- Must have good knowledge of grooming standards and personality.
Air France Flight Attendant Hiring Process
If you meet all the requirements discussed above, you are eligible to apply for the Air France Flight Attendant vacancy. You can go through the following processes to apply accurately.
- First of all, you need to access the Air France official Careers site and search for flight attendant vacancies.
- If you find any vacancy, you can submit an online application by creating an account on the website. With the application, you are required to submit the latest CV, cover letter (optional) and other required information.
- The airline hiring team will review your application and if selected, you will receive an invitation on your email address for Assessment Day.
- The Assessment Day will be carried out by conducting role-plays, interviews, group discussions, problem-solving tasks and much more.
- If you manage to pass the assessments, you will become eligible for the final interview in which the airline recruitment official will try to understand more about you based on your customer service experience, skills, language proficiencies, qualifications and so on.
- After passing the final interview, you will go through pre-employment checks, basic medical examination, Criminal Record Check (CRC) and other important checks.
- Successful completion of all these steps means you are now officially selected for the flight attendant post at Air France.
All the selected applicants will undergo initial flight attendant training before joining Air France flights.
Air France Flight Attendant Training Program
The selected Air France Flight Attendants will go through initial flight attendant training before getting into commercial service. This training program is conducted to make the fresh recruits ready for the commercial operation.
The flight attendant training module covers airline policies, aviation regulations, safety training, emergency handling, personality, grooming standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work environment and much more.
Air France Flight Attendant Uniform
Explore more Cabin Crew Opportunities Become Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Become Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Become Emirates Cabin Crew Become Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Become Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Become Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Become British Airways Cabin Crew Become Lufthansa Cabin Crew Become KLM Cabin Crew Become Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Become Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Become Thai Airways Cabin Crew
Air France Flight Attendant Salary
After completion of initial training, Flight Attendants at Air France will be ready to handle commercial flight services. They will be assigned on Air France’s short-haul, medium-haul or Long-Haul flights.
The salary of flight attendants at Air France depends upon the routes (Short-haul, Medium-haul or Long-Haul). The average salary is €38,353 (US$42,525) per year and this pay scale can range from €34,706 (US$38,481) per year to €43,050 (US$47,733) per year depending upon the seniority level and experience.
Air France Flight Attendant Benefits
In addition to the basic salary and bonuses, Air France Flight Attendant enjoy various benefits and perks.
Some major benefits include:
- Health and Life Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Discount
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Paid Sick Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Flight Discounts
Air France Flight Attendant Bases
Air France operates primarily from two bases located in Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG), Roissy-en-France and Paris Orly Airport (ORY), Essonne and the Val-de-Marne.
Flight attendants are required to operate from these two bases. In addition, they might also be assigned to other secondary bases including Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport, Marseille Provence Airport, Nantes Atlantique Airport, Nice Cote d’Azur Airport and Toulouse-Blagnac Airport.
This is how you can apply for the Air France Flight Attendant job and make your dream come true.
If you have all the requirements and proficiencies we discussed above, you can apply for the post whenever vacancies arrive.
In case of any doubts or queries, you can write in the comment section below or contact us directly.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much do Air France flight attendants make?
Air France Flight Attendants can earn an average of €38,353 (US$42,525) per year and this pay scale can range from €34,706 (US$38,481) per year to €43,050 (US$47,733) per year depending upon the seniority level and experience.
How do I become an Air France flight attendant?
First of all, you need to meet all the basic requirements and apply online by submitting an application form with the latest CV. You need to go through various assessments, pre-employment checks, medical exams, physical tests and other exams to become an Air France Flight Attednant.
Do Air France flight attendants speak English?
Air France Flight attendants must speak French as well as the English language. It is a compulsory requirement for which flight attendants must submit a valid document verifying the level of English (Validated within the last 24 months).