Would you like to visit Sydney’s Opera House at the start of the week, dine in Paris at the weekend and shop on New York’s Fifth Avenue the following week? It looks like a beautiful imagination but you will be amazed to know that it is possible if you become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew.
Etihad Airways looks for dynamic and optimistic individuals who can enhance the presence and brand identity by serving valuable customers with innovative hospitality and safety on board.
If you are planning to become a Cabin Crew for Etihad Airways, you must read this full article to explore important tips and information.
Without further delay, let’s get started with some basic information on Etihad Airways.
- About Etihad Airways
- How to become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew?
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Requirement
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment Process
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Training Program
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Uniform
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Bases
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Salary
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Salary for Freshers
- Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Benefits
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways is the national flag carrier of Abu Dhabi and is also known as the second flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The airline is the second-largest carrier in the UAE after Emirates, the flag carrier of Dubai.
Etihad operates flights from its main hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) and is headquartered at Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi. The flag carrier operates more than 1,000 weekly flights to over 120 destinations across Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa and North America.
The airline also operates flights via codeshare agreements with major foreign airlines including Air Canada, Air France, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Garuda Indonesia, JetBlue, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines and much more.
How to become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew?
Etihad Airways offers opportunities for aspiring enthusiasts to join the team of cabin crew and boost the airline service. The airline announces vacancies on its official careers website for different regions including Morocco, Russia, Ukraine, South Korea, Egypt, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, South Africa, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Portugal, Serbia, Tunisia, Belgium, Poland, Austria and various other regions.
As an applicant, you must full the basic requirement and proficiencies to become eligible for applying to the cabin crew vacancy at Etihad Airways. Let’s explore the basic requirements and recruitment processes below.
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Requirement
Here are the basic requirements you need to satisfy to become fully eligible for applying to the Etihad Airways Cabin Crew vacancy.
- The minimum required age is 21 years on the date of joining.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent level of education is mandatory.
- Fluency in English Language (Writing, Reading and Speaking) is a must.
- Proficiency in an additional language is an advantage.
- Applicants must be confident in the water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device.
- Visible tattoos, body piercings or other body decorations are strictly prohibited.
- Bandages and Cosmetic Coverings for tattoos or body piercings are not allowed.
- Must not hold any criminal record.
- Applicants must possess excellent personal presentation, style and image.
- Applicants must be willing to serve alcohol, including during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Must be willing to comply with UAE and GCAA visa, medical and health screening requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Excellent Customer Orientation and English Language Skills are also required.
- Must be able to inspire valuable customers with innovative hospitality.
- Applicants must be comfortable working irregular hours and on a roster.
- Must hold a passion for travel and adventure.
- Must be able to ensure onboard safety and follow all standard operating procedures.
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Height Requirements
The minimum height requirement for Etihad Airways Cabin Crew is 165cm. The minimum arm reach requirement is 212cm while standing on tiptoes.
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment Process
Those candidates fulfilling the basic requirements mentioned above are eligible for applying to the cabin crew vacancy. For that, they must follow these 4-step processes.
- At first, applicants must search for Cabin Crew vacancies on Etihad’s official Careers site. Then, they must apply online by filling out the application form with the required information. The airline suggests applying for the post only if you are enthusiastic, have a strong interest and fulfil minimum criteria.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully review your online application and shortlist top profiles for a screening call. Those applicants who made it to the screening call will go through a chat about the role and a few preliminary questions to explore more about their profile. During the call, the airline will also explain recruitment processes.
- If the airline thinks you’re a good fit after the screening call, your application will be forwarded to the Hiring Manager for review. You will move towards the assessment phase if the Hiring Manager gets impressed or interested.
- The assessment stage includes various tests to explore more about your competencies and know you better. Three key areas including Technical Skills, Business Skills and Motivation are analyzed to understand your potential in depth. Technical Skill Tests is carried out to check your performance record in the areas of expertise relevant to the role whereas the Business Skill tests whether you fit into the Etihad culture and work environment. Motivation includes various tests like English Language Tests, Reasoning Tests, Psychometric Tests, Competency Interviews and Business Tests.
- If you manage to pass all the assessments, Etihad Airways will provide a conditional offer of employment before moving onto the Onboarding Process.
- Selected candidates must go through initial cabin crew training before joining commercial operations.
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Training Program
Fresh Cabin Crews are required to undertake initial cabin crew training to get ready for commercial flights. This training is conducted at Etihad Aviation Training Center in Abu Dhabi for a period of 7-weeks.
The training module consists of cabin emergency evacuation, real fire fighting, aircraft equipment handling, safety training, ditching, cabin service, airline policies, aviation regulations and much more.
The training is conducted free of cost and accommodation is also provided by the airline. Food must be managed by trainees on their own.
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Uniform
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Bases
Etihad Airways operates from its primary hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH). So, cabin crews are required to operate from this airport located in Abu Dhabi.
In addition, the airline can assign duties to any of the international destinations.
Explore More Cabin Crew Opportunities How to become a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become an Air France Cabin Crew? How to become a British Airways Cabin Crew? How to beome a Lufthansa Cabin Crew? How to become a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Thai Airways Cabin Crew?
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Salary
The salary of Etihad Airways Cabin Crew can range from AED 8000 to AED 9000 per month depending upon various factors like seniority level, experience, flight hours and so on.
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Salary for Freshers
The fresh cabin crews at Etihad Airways can earn an average of AED 3640 per month after the probation period. Talking about the hourly pay, it is almost AED 44 which is competitive compared to other airlines.
Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, Cabin Crews at Etihad Airways enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Competitive Salary Packages and Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Gymnasium Facility
- Discounted Flights and Travel
- Recognition and Rewards
- Inspiration and Innovation
- Career Growth and Personal Development
- Health Insurance
- Job Training
Till the end of this article, we explored almost every parameter related to becoming an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew. You can regularly check the airline’s official careers site and check the requirements. If you meet all the basic requirements, you must not miss the chance to work for one of the reputed airline companies in the world.
For queries or doubts, you can write in the comment section below or contact us directly.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the salary of cabin crew in Etihad Airways?
Cabin Crews at Etihad Airways can earn from AED 8000 to AED 9000 per month depending upon various factors like seniority level, experience, flight hours and so on.
How do I become a cabin crew for Etihad Airways?
First of all, you need to fulfil basic requirements and apply online via the Etihad Careers website. If selected, you will go through various assessments including phone interviews, skills tests, medical tests, final interviews and so on. After passing all the assessments, you will become a cabin crew for Etihad Airways.
Why would you like to be a cabin crew with Etihad Airways?
Etihad Airways is one of the reputed airlines across the globe and is also listed among the Top 20 Airlines of 2021 by Skytrax World Airline Awards. In addition, the airline offers an attractive salary package, career growth opportunities and various other benefits.
Do Etihad have male cabin crew?
Yes, Etihad Airways hire male and female cabin crew.