Qatar Airways is listed as the world’s best airline of 2021 by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. To work for such a reputed airline is a dream of every aviation enthusiast.
Are you also interested to work for Qatar Airways? If yes, the airline provides the opportunity to join the team of the pilot, cabin crew, engineer, ground operation and so on.
In this blog, we will explore all the details to become a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew in 2022. So, let’s get started with a basic introduction to the world’s top airline.
Table of Contents
About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways, the national flag carrier of Qatar, has expanded its network to over 150 destinations across the globe. It is the world’s best airline of 2021 declared by the Skytrax World Airline Awards.
The airline operates more than 200 narrow-body and wide-body aircraft manufactured by giant companies; Airbus and Boeing. Some iconic and top-performing fleet includes Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 777, Airbus A350-1000, A350-900, Airbus A380, and A320.
The destinations covered by Qatar Airways flights are across the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, South America and North America.
How to Become a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew?
Qatar Airways offers opportunities for aspiring aviation enthusiasts to join as Cabin Crew. As an applicant, you must fulfil the basic requirements and apply online.
You must go through various assessments to become a successful Qatar Airways Cabin Crew. Let’s find out the basic requirements below.
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to meet before applying for the Cabin Crew or cabin crew position at Qatar Airways.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 21 years.
- High School Diploma education is mandatory.
- Proficiency in English Language (Writing, Speaking and Reading) is a must.
- Applicants must be able to pass the medical test.
- Must be able to relocate to Doha, Qatar from where Qatar Airways operates.
- Applicants must show enthusiasm towards customer service and travelling.
- Must hold a good personality and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work with a multi-cultural team
In addition, applicants must also fulfil physical requirements that include:
- The minimum arm reaches required is 212cm when standing on tip-toes.
- A good level of health and fitness is required.
- Applicants must be able to swim 25 meters.
- Must be able to open aircraft doors, lift luggage and carry food trays.
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Hiring Processes
If you meet all the requirements mentioned above, you are eligible for applying to the Qatar Airways Cabin Crew job. For that, you need to go through the following processes.
- First of all, you need to visit the Qatar Airways Careers site and search for a Cabin Crew or cabin crew vacancy.
- If you find a vacancy for Qatar Airways Cabin Crew, you can submit an online application with your personal details, education qualifications and other required information.
- With the application, you must provide an updated CV prepared in the English language.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully analyze your application and if selected, you will receive an invite to the Qatar Airways Cabin Crew hiring event.
- With the invitation, you will also receive the necessary details on how to prepare for the open day.
- During the open day, you will get an opportunity to meet the Qatar Airways Cabin Services Recruitment team and have one to one discussions. This discussion is done on the basis of your application.
- If you manage to succeed in the open day discussion, you will be selected for the Assessment centre for different assessment activities like group interviews, personal interviews, personality tests and much more.
- You will also discover Qatar Airways Cabin Crew jobs, their benefits, development opportunities and various other elements.
- After successful completion of assessments, you will be selected for the Qatar Airways Cabin crew training program.
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Training Program
Those applicants selected for the Qatar Airways Cabin Crew post must go through an initial Cabin Crew training program. This training program is introduced to prepare fresh cabin crew for commercial flights.
The training program is conducted for a period of 6 to 8 weeks at the Qatar Airways facility in Doha. The selected candidates are required to commit 6 days a week to this training program.
The Cabin Crew training program is provided to fresh Cabin Crews for aircraft familiarization, aviation product knowledge, customer service training, safety training, emergency handling, first aid training, personality enhancement, grooming standards and much more.
In every training module, Cabin Crews must appear exams and pass all of them to proceed further. If you manage to clear all the exams and complete the cabin crew training modules, you will finally enter the Qatar Airways wing ceremony.
With that, you will become Qatar Airways Cabin Crew and ready to fly for Qatari flights.
Explore more cabin crew opportunites How to become a Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become an Air France Cabin Crew? How to become British Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew? How to become KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become Etihad Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Thai Airways Cabin Crew?
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Interview Questions
There might be questions asked beyond your imagination or preparation for Qatar Airways Cabin Crew. However, you will deal with some common questions during the interview exams.
Some important interview questions are:
- Tell us about yourself.
- What do you know about Qatar Airways?
- Why do you want to work for Qatar Airways?
- Are you willing to relocate as per our requirements?
- Tell us about a time you went above and beyond expectations?
- What is the most important skill required to become an airline cabin crew?
- Do you have customer service experience or have you worked with airline companies before?
- Are you proficient or fluent in the English language? What other languages do you know besides English?
- What are your strategies to deal with an upset or an unsatisfied customer?
- Can you point out your strength and weakness?
- What value can you add to Qatar Airways?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Bases
As a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew applicant, you are required to relocate bases as per the airline requirement.
Qatar Airways is the national flag carrier of Qatar so, it operates flights from Hamad International Airport (DOH) in Doha, Qatar. Cabin Crew s are required to operate from this hub.
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Uniform
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Salary
Cabin Crew or Cabin Crew s at Qatar Airways can earn almost QAR 3,800 ($1,042) monthly during the initial phase. Once they complete the 6-months probation period, the salary increases to QAR 4,000 ($1,098) per month.
Talking about the hourly rate, cabin crew get a flight pay of QAR 45 per hour which is multiplied by the actual number of hours that they fly. In addition, layover allowance is provided and the payment depends on the city where the cabin crew will be staying.
The salary of Qatar Airways Cabin Crew can exceed 10,000 QAR depending upon the seniority level and experience gained.
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, Qatar Airways cabin crew can enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Free Transportation to and from the work.
- Free ticket to home country every year.
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Employee Travel Opportunities.
- Performance Bonuses
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Permanent Contracts Availability
- Post Employment training and career growth opportunities
- Free accommodation
- Discount flights with Qatar Airways and other partner airlines.
- Discounts in stores, clubs, hotels, restaurants and various other facilities.
This is all you need to know before applying for the Qatar Airways Cabin Crew. If you prepare well, you are sure to succeed and fly for Qatari Flights.
If you have any doubts or queries, write in the comment section below or contact us.
Images Courtesy: Qatar Airways
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much do Qatar Airways Cabin Crew earn?
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew can earn almost QAR 3,800 ($1,042) monthly during the initial phase. Once they complete the 6-months probation period, the salary increases to QAR 4,000 ($1,098).
How can I become a cabin crew in Qatar Airways?
First of all, you need to meet the minimum requirements and apply online via the Qatar Airways careers site. Once selected, you will go through various assessments like interviews, group tasks and other exams. After being selected, you will have to take cabin crew training in Doha. Finally, you will become an official Qatar Airways Cabin crew after successfully completing the training module.
Is Qatar Airways good for cabin crew?
Qatar Airways is the world’s best airline of 2021 declared by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. This award is provided based on performance, customer service, amenities, fleet proficiency and various other aspects. With that, we can conclude Qatar Airways is the perfect airline for working as a cabin crew.
How long is Qatar cabin crew training?
The initial cabin crew training at Qatar Airways Facility in Doha, Qatar is conducted for 6 to 8 weeks.