TIps to become thai airways flight attendant
Do you have a dream of becoming a flight attendant and serving people? And are you passionate about travel and adventure? If yes, you can join Thai Airways as a flight attendant and make your dream come true.
Flight Attendant is one of the popular career choices in the aviation industry as it allows you to travel and earn at the same time. But, do you know how can you become an airline flight attendant?
Almost every commercial airline across the globe offers opportunities for aspiring enthusiasts to join as a cabin crew or flight attendant and so does Thai Airways. As an applicant, you must fulfil some basic requirements and skills to apply for the post.
With that, let’s explore all the tips and requirements to become a Thai Airways Flight Attendant.
Table of Contents
About Thai Airways International
Thai Airways is the national flag carrier of Thailand that operates flights to over 101 destinations across 37 countries around the world. The airline conducts flights from its hubs at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) and Phuket International Airport (HKT).
Talking about the fleet details, Thai Airways currently owns Airbus A350-900, Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 777-200ER, Boeing 787-9/787-8 Dreamliner and Airbus A320 series aircraft.
Thai Airways operates flights in coordination with Thai Smile (Thai Regional Airline) to over 100 destinations across the globe. Likewise, the airline also conducts flights via codeshare agreements with major international carriers including Air Canada, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Emirates, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Pakistan International Airlines and much more.
How to become a Thai Airways Flight Attendant?
Thai Airways announces vacancies for flight attendants on its official careers website. The basic requirements or qualifications are mentioned in the published vacancy.
As an applicant, you must meet all the requirements, qualifications and skills before applying for the post. Having said that, let’s explore all requirements and hiring processes below.
Thai Airways Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the requirements for applying for the flight attendant vacancy at Thai Airways.
Requirement for Female Candidates (Air Stewardess)
- Female applicants must be single and Thai nationals.
- The minimum height requirement is 160cms.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) must lie in the normal range.
- Must be able to swim at least 50 meters non-stop. (FreeStyle is compulsory)
Requirement for Male Candidates (Air Steward)
- Male applicants must be Thai nationals, exempted from military service.
- The minimum height requirement is 165cm.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) must lie in the normal range.
- Must be able to swim at least 100 meters non-stop (FreeStyle is compulsory).
In addition to the above basic requirements, both male and female applicants must meet the following qualifications.
- Applicants must hold Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Must obtain academic accreditation from the Ministry of University Affairs.
- Ministry of Education shall be required for overseas graduates.
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of 5.5 scores on IELTS or 500 on TOEFL or 600 on TOEIC.
- Fluency in English Language (Writing, Reading and Speaking) is a must.
- Proficiency in other foreign languages is an advantage.
- Must possess good health and good eyesight with no glasses.
- Must hold good communication and interpersonal skills
Thai Airways Flight Attendant Hiring Process
If you meet all the basic requirements listed above, you are now ready to apply for the flight attendant vacancy at Thai Airways. For that, you need to go through the following processes.
- At first, you are required to visit the Thai Airways careers website and submit an application online with necessary documents if vacancies are available.
- The airline recruitment team will review your online application and if selected, you will be invited for further assessments that may include personal interviews, group discussions, psychometric tests, English language tests, role plays, problem-solving tasks and much more.
- If you manage to pass the assessments, you will go through the final interview which is conducted to explore your competencies in depth.
- After a successful interview, the airline will execute pre-employment checks including background checks, criminal records and other parameters.
- After passing all the tests, you will be selected for the Thai Airways Flight Attendant
Thai Airways Flight Attendant Training Program
All the selected candidates have to undergo initial cabin crew training conducted at Cabin Crew Training Center located in Donmueang, Bangkok. This training is provided to prepare fresh recruits to get ready for commercial flights.
The Flight Attendant Training Program module includes Cabin Emergency Evacuation Training (CEET), Wet Drill, Fire Fighting Skills, Aircraft Door and Equipment Training, Airline policies, aviation regulations and much more.
Thai Airways Flight Attendant Uniform
Explore More Cabin Crew Opportunities How to become a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become an Air France Cabin Crew? How to become a British Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew? How to become a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew?
Thai Airways Flight Attendant Salary
Flight Attendants at Thai Airways can earn an average of 67,000 THB ( US$2,017) per month. This pay scale can range from 32,898 THB (US$990.64) to 105,674 THB (US$3,181.99) per month depending upon the seniority level and experience gained.
Talking about the yearly salary, the average is 804,000 THB (US$24,209.57) and the range is from 394,776 THB (US$11,887.26) to 1,268,088 THB (US$38,183.92) per year.
Thai Airways Flight Attendant Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, flight attendants at Thai Airways enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Health Insurance and Wellness Package
- Financial and Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Discount on various sectors
- Career Growth and Personal Development
- Transport Facilities
- Travel Discount
- Job Training Facility
- Soft Skill Training
Thai Airways Flight Attendant Bases
Thai Airways operates from two primary hub airports located in Bangkok and Phuket. So, flight attendants are required to operate from the following airports.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), Bangkok
- Phuket International Airport (HKT), Phuket
This is how you can become a successful Thai Airways Flight Attendant and grow your career in the aviation industry. If you meet all the requirements and skills, you must apply to work for one of the reputed airlines in the world.
If you have any doubts or queries, don’t forget to write in the comment section below or contact us directly.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I become a flight attendant for Thai Airways?
First of all, you need to find vacancies on Thai Airways’ official careers website. Then, you need to apply online and go through various tests including interviews to get selected for the post.
How do I apply for Thai Airways?
You can find vacancies for Thai Airways on the official website. Then, you can apply online by submitting an application form including the necessary information.