Cabin crew or flight attendant is one of the most chosen careers in the aviation industry. This job offers travel and career growth opportunities along with a competitive salary package compared to other professions.
Tips to become a Qantas airways cabin crew
So, how can you become a cabin crew? Well, to apply for the cabin crew vacancy, you must fulfill basic requirements and possess the necessary skills.
If you are passionate about becoming a cabin crew and advancing your aviation career, you have the option to apply for various airlines job in the world. Among top airlines, Qantas Airways is also one of the best options for you.
This article is best if you are looking for tips and information to become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew. With that, let’s get started with some basic information on Qantas Airways.
Table of Contents
About Qantas Airways
Qantas Airways is the national flag carrier of Australia and is among the Top 10 best airlines of 2021 (8th position) list published by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. The airline operates flights to over 45 destinations across Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Asia, and Africa.
The airline also operates flights via codeshare agreements with reputed international airlines including Air France, Air New Zealand, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Emirates, Japan Airlines, KLM, and others.
How to Become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew?
Qantas Airways offers cabin crew job opportunities to aspiring enthusiasts based in the locations: Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
As an applicant, you must meet all the basic requirements and go through various assessments to become a successful cabin crew at Qantas Airways.
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to fulfill before applying for the cabin crew vacancy at Qantas Airways.
- Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand permanent residents.
- Applicants must have obtained unlimited working rights.
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years.
- The height requirement is between 163cm and 183cm (158cm – 183cm for QantasLink).
- Previous Customer Service, Hospitality Experience or Airline Experience is required.
- Good Level of Health and Fitness.
- Must be able to swim 50 meters fully clothed and tread water for 3 minutes unassisted.
- UK applicants must hold the legal right to live and work in the UK.
- Applicants must receive Responsible Service of Alcohol ‘Statement of Attainment’, from a Nationally Accredited Provider. (Must have by the end of the hiring process)
- Must have obtained current CPR accreditation.
- Must have a current Senior First Aid Certificate.
- A willingness to relocate, as required, to any location.
- Experience in Food and Beverage service is an advantage.
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment Process
You are eligible to apply for the cabin crew vacancy at Qantas Airways only if you meet all the requirements mentioned above.
To apply for the post, you need to follow these processes.
- First of all, you need to visit the Qantas Airways Careers site and search for cabin crew vacancies.
- If you find any vacancies for cabin crew, you can apply online by filling out and submitting the application form. You can use options like Autofill with Resume, Apply Manually, Use My Last Application, or Apply with SEEK to initiate your online application.
- The airline recruitment team will analyze your application and contact you for a video interview if shortlisted. You are required to submit a recorded video answering the questions sent by the airline.
- If you manage to pass the video interview, you will proceed to the assessments stage where presentations, group discussions, interviews, role-plays, physical tests, medical exams, and various other tests are carried out.
- Managing to pass all the assessments means you are now eligible for the final interview that will decide whether your journey begins or ends with Qantas Airways.
- The selected applicants will go through an initial flight attendant training program before flying with Qantas.
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Training Program
The new Qantas Cabin Crews go through an intensive 7-week initial cabin crew training at the airline facility in Sydney or Melbourne. This training program is conducted to prepare fresh recruits for commercial flights operation.
The training centers located at Sydney’s Kingsford Smith International Airport and Melbourne’s Tullamarine International Airport are equipped with flight simulators, aircraft cabin mock-ups, ditching pools, and multimedia learning centers.
The cabin crew training program includes emergency & safety training, ditching, cabin mock-ups, personality training, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), aviation regulations, airline policies, aircraft familiarisation, and much more.
Besides training, cabin crews are required to appear in theory and practical examinations. They must secure a minimum of 80 percent on theory exams and 100 percent on practical exams.
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Training Program Requirements
During Cabin Crew training, cabin crews must perform a number of safety providers. Some basic requirements are listed below.
- lift a 28kg aircraft window exit
- deal with emergencies in a smoke-filled simulator
- swim and assist people in the water
- descend an escape slide, nine metres above the ground
- fight fires while wearing a full face mask
- control people in panic situations, and
- move people with a disability in evacuations.
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Uniform
Explore More Cabin Crew Opportunities Become Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Become Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Become Emirates Cabin Crew Become Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Become Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Become Air France Cabin Crew Become British Airways Cabin Crew Become Lufthansa Cabin Crew Become KLM Cabin Crew Become Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Become Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Become Thai Airways Cabin Crew
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Salary
The average salary of Qantas Airways Cabin Crew is almost AU$50,000 (US$36,145) per year which meets the national average. This pay scale can range from AU$36,000 to AU$100,000 per year depending upon the seniority level and experience gained.
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Benefits
Besides the basic salary, Qantas Airways Cabin Crew enjoy various benefits and perks that include:
- Flight Tickets discount
- Travel Industry Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Discounts on various products and services
- Health and Life Insurance
- Financial and Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Professional Support and On-the-Job Training
Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Bases
Qantas Airways operates from three primary bases across Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. In addition, the airline also operates from secondary hubs in Adelaide and Perth.
So, Qantas Cabin Crews are required to work from the airports listed below.
- Brisbane Airport (BNF), Queensland
- Tullamarine Airport (MEL), Melbourne
- Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD), Sydney
- Adelaide International Airport (ADL), Adelaide
- Perth International Airport (PER), Perth
Conclusion on Becoming Qantas Airways Cabin Crew
The information we included in this article covers all the aspects of becoming a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew. If you meet all the requirements and possess the required skills, you mustn’t miss the opportunity to work at one of the most reputed airlines in the world.
Becoming a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew is a challenging but rewarding career. If you are passionate about customer service, travel, and safety, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The application process is competitive, but if you meet the requirements and are selected for an interview, be sure to prepare thoroughly. The interview will assess your communication skills, teamwork skills, and knowledge of the aviation industry.
If you are successful in your application, you will undergo a rigorous training program. This will teach you everything you need to know to be a safe and effective Cabin Crew member.
Once you are qualified, you will be able to travel the world and meet new people every day. You will also have the opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career.
If you are interested in becoming a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew, I encourage you to learn more about the position and the application process. It is a challenging but rewarding career that could open up a world of possibilities for you.
Here are some additional tips for becoming a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew:
- Get as much experience in customer service as possible. This could include volunteering at a local hospital or charity, working in a retail store, or even just being a good friend or family member.
- Learn about the aviation industry. Read books and articles about flying, and watch documentaries about airlines.
- Practice your communication skills. This includes speaking clearly and confidently, as well as listening effectively.
- Be a team player. Cabin Crew members need to be able to work well with others in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Be positive and enthusiastic. This will make you a more enjoyable person to work with and a better representative of Qantas.
If you have any doubts or queries, please do not forget to write in the comment section below or contact us directly.
FAQs on Becoming Qantas Airways Cabin Crew
How much do Qantas Flight Attendants earn?
Flight Attendants at Qantas Airways earn almost AU$50,000 (US$36,145) per year which meets the national average. This pay scale can range from AU$36,000 to AU$100,000 per year depending upon the seniority level and experience gained.
Does Qantas hire a foreign cabin crew?
As per the latest vacancy details, Qantas allows Australian or New Zealand PR holders to apply for the cabin crew position.
How long is Qantas Cabin Crew Training?
The initial cabin crew training offered by Qantas Airways to the recruits is conducted for a total of 7 weeks.
Is Qantas a good airline to work for?
Qantas is one of the most reputed airlines in the world and is listed as the 8th best airline of 2021 by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. So, working for such a reputed airline is always a better choice.