This detailed blog might be helpful if you are planning to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew in 2022.
As an applicant, you need to fulfil basic requirements and possess certain skills before applying for the Cabin Crew vacancy at Cathay Pacific. What are the requirements and recruitment process? Let’s find out in this blog.
First of all, we will explore some basic introduction of Cathay Pacific followed by requirements, hiring process, training program, salary, benefits, bases and so on.
Table of Contents
- About Cathay Pacific
- How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew?
- Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Requirements
- Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Recruitment Process
- Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Training Program
- Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Uniform
- Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Salary
- Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Benefits
- Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Bases
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific is the national flag carrier of Hong Kong with its headquarters in Cathay City, Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). The airline operates flights to over 190 destinations in more than 60 countries from its HKG base.
Talking about the fleet, Cathay Pacific currently operates with Airbus A320, A330, A350 and Boeing 777.
The airline also operates flights via codeshare agreements with major international carriers including American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, British Airways, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Qantas and much more.
How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew?
Cathay Pacific announces vacancy for Cabin Crews based on Hong Kong, Singapore and London Base. You must apply to the vacancies wherever it is appropriate.
Before applying to the Cabin Crew post at Cathay Pacific, you need to meet some basic requirements. Let’s find out below.
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you must satisfy before applying for the Cabin Crew post at Cathay Pacific.
FOR HONG KONG BASE
- The minimum required age is 18 years.
- Applicant must be a permanent Hong Kong Resident.
- The minimum pass rate in 5 HKCEE/HKDSE subjects including the English Language or equivalent education level is mandatory.
- Fluency in the English Language (Writing, Reading and Speaking) is a must.
- Proficiency in one of the Asia Languages (Bahasa, Indonesian, Mandarin, Hindi, Korean or Thai)
- The minimum arm-reach required is 208cm on tiptoe.
- Applicants must be able to pass the pre-employment medical examination.
- Good communication skills or interpersonal skills with a positive attitude are highly preferred.
FOR SINGAPORE BASE
- The age requirement is a minimum of 18 years.
- Applicants must be Singapore citizens or Equivalent.
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ Level passed or equivalent level of education including the English Language is a must.
- Fluency in the English Language (Speaking, Reading and Writing) is mandatory.
- Proficiency in one of the Asian Languages is required (Cantonese, Korean, Japanese or Mandarin).
- The minimum arm-reach requirement is 208cm on tiptoe.
- Applicants must pass the medical examination.
FOR LONDON BASE
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years.
- Minimum GCSE standard or equivalent Education level is mandatory.
- Minimum Grade C in English Language is required.
- Fluency in the English Language (Reading, Writing and Speaking) is a must.
- Proficiency in any of these languages (Mandarin, Tagalog, Korean, Japanese or Cantonese) is required.
- Applicants must obtain legal authorization to live and work in the United Kingdom (UK).
- Applicants with previous customer service experience are highly preferred.
- Must possess a positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Must complete a Police Act Disclosure Application before employment.
Note: The requirements mentioned above are subject to change. You need to check the vacancy at Cathay Pacific Careers Site to find out the exact requirements.
With that, let’s get into the Cabin Crew recruitment process at Cathay Pacific.
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Recruitment Process
If you fulfil all the requirements mentioned above, you are now eligible for applying Cabin Crew vacancy at Cathay Pacific. The recruitment process is initiated through an online application so, you need to go through the following processes to apply accurately.
- First of all, you need to visit the Cathay Pacific Careers site to find vacancies for Cabin Crews.
- If you find any active vacancies, you can fill out an application form and submit it via the airline’s careers site. You need to make sure the chosen base is correct.
- The airline recruitment department will contact shortlisted applicants within six weeks of submitting the online application.
- The shortlisted candidate will be contacted via email for a digital or phone interview for basic screening and analysis of their competency based on the CV provided.
- Once you manage to pass the first interview, you will be eligible to attend various assessments including interviews, group discussions, English Tests, Medical exams, Physical tests and so on.
- Cathay Pacific hiring team will contact you for a final interview and medical exam if you successfully pass all the assessments.
- If you pass the final interview and the medical assessment, you will be selected for the Cabin Crew post at Cathay Pacific and need to take the induction training before getting into the commercial flights.
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Training Program
The selected applicants for the Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew are required to undertake a 7-week intensive initial Cabin Crew training program. This program is provided to prepare fresh Cabin Crews for operating commercial flights.
The 7 weeks training course includes aviation product knowledge, aircraft equipment knowledge, personality training, service skills, communication skills, emergency & safety training, technical training, civil aviation regulations, standard operating procedures (SOPs), airline policies and much more.
The training activities include classroom, online training, live aircraft practice, cabin mock-up training, group discussion, public speaking activities, case study, role play and so on.
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Uniform
Explore more Cabin Crew Opportunities Become Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Become Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Become Emirates Cabin Crew Become Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Become Qantas Airways Cabin Crew Become Air France Cabin Crew Become British Airways Cabin Crew Become Lufthansa Cabin Crew Become KLM Cabin Crew Become Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Become Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Become Thai Airways Cabin Crew
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Salary
The newly joined Cabin Crews at Cathay Pacific earn almost HK$17,000 (US$2,177) to HK$18,000 (US$2,305) per month including outport allowances.
The cabin crew salary at Cathay Pacific can range from HK$124,936 (US$16,000) to HK$494,015 (US$63,266) depending upon the seniority level and experience gained.
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, Cabin Crews at Cathay Pacific enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Staff and family concessional travel benefits
- Medical coverage
- Comprehensive insurance scheme
- Cathay Pacific Provident Fund
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Annual Leave
- Monthly Salary plus flight pay and outport meal allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities (Flight Purser, Senior Purser and Inflight Services Manager)
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Bases
Cathay Pacific announces vacancies for Cabin Crews depending upon various bases including Honk Kong, Singapore and London. Applicants applying to the chosen base are required to work from the respective bases.
The major Cabin Crew bases include:
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN)
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
This is how you can become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew and advance your career. If you meet all the basic requirements and possess the required skills, you must grab the opportunity.
Cathay Pacific provides a competitive salary package along with various benefits and perks. In addition, you will receive career growth opportunities.
If you have any doubts or queries, please do write in the comments section below or contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew?
First of all, you need to fulfil all basic requirements and apply for the Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew vacancy. You will go through various assessments including phone interviews, group discussions, English tests, medical exams, physical tests and other tests. If you manage to pass all the assessments, you will become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew.
Is Cathay Pacific a good airline to work for?
Cathay Pacific is one of the best airlines in the world and is listed as the 6th best airline of 2021 by Skytrax World Airline Awards. This award has been provided by analyzing the five-star performance and service offered by the airline. Working for such a reputable airline is a dream of every aviation enthusiast.