Singapore Airlines is the second-best airline of 2021 after Qatar Airways as declared by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. This airline company is known as the most respected travel brand across the world.
The award is provided based on the airline service, performance, facilities, and networks covered. Most importantly, Singapore Airlines has been able to become the best airline for offering high standard of care and service to its valuable customers.
The Singapore Girl, an internationally-recognizable icon, is the reason behind the success of Singapore Airlines.
Do you want to join the Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew job and assist in enhancing the vision of Singapore Girl? If yes, read this full blog to know every detail on becoming a successful cabin crew for the second-best airline in the world.
Table of Contents
About Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines (SIA) is the national flag carrier of Singapore and it operates from the hub at Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) which is also among the world’s best airports.
The airline operates more than 150 aircraft including Airbus A380, A350-900, Boeing 777-300ER, 787-10 Dreamliner, 737-8 and 737-800 NG. With this top-performing fleet, Singapore Airlines operates flights to over 137 destinations in 32 countries across the five continents.
How to become a Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew?
The main motive of Singapore Airlines is to provide the highest level of customer care and service to its valuable customers. For that, the airline has introduced the concept ‘Singapore Girl’ representing Asian values and hospitality.
The airline offers opportunities to aspiring enthusiasts to join as a cabin crew and help to enhance customer service.
Before applying for the cabin crew vacancy at Singapore Airlines, you need to meet some basic requirements.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to fulfil before applying for the cabin crew vacancy at Singapore Airlines.
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
- Higher Nitec or 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Credits (including English) is mandatory.
- Fluency in the English Language is a must.
- Applicants must hold good communication skills.
- Applicants must have pleasant personalities with service-oriented skills.
- The airline welcomes former SIA Cabin Crew to apply for the post.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Height Requirements
- The minimum height requirement for female candidates is 1.58m (5.18ft).
- The minimum height requirement for male candidates is 1.65m (5.41ft).
Singapore Airlines publishes vacancies for cabin crew in Malaysia, Taiwan (China), Korea, Indonesia, India and Japan so, the basic requirements may vary. You can find all the requirements whenever the vacancies for these countries are published on the airline’s official career site.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Hiring Processes
If you meet all the requirements mentioned above, you can apply for the cabin crew vacancy at Singapore Airlines. You can go through the following hiring processes to accurately apply for the cabin crew post.
- First of all, you need to visit Singapore Airlines’ official career site and look for any active vacancies.
- If you find a vacancy for a cabin crew, you need to first read all the details including the requirements.
- Once you become sure, you can create a profile using your email address and other required information.
- You are required to submit an online application through the Singapore Airlines career page.
- If selected, you will receive a link to complete an online video interview.
- If you manage to pass the online video interview, you will proceed to the final interview.
- After passing the final interview, you will be selected for the 4-months intensive cabin crew training program.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Training Program
The selected Cabin crews will go through an intensive Cabin crew training program to qualify for flying with Singapore Airlines. This rigorous training is conducted for a period of 4 months including classroom and on-the-job training (OJT).
The Cabin Crew Training program is conducted at the airline facility in Singapore that covers modules like aviation product knowledge, passenger handling, airline policies, safety equipment procedures, first-aid training, deportment & grooming, language & communication skills, safety training and much more.
The fresh cabin crew will receive a basic salary during the training period. After successfully completing the initial cabin crew training, the flight duties will begin.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Interview Questions
You might have to deal with new questions during the interview process however, you can prepare for common questions to deal with comfortably.
Some important questions that might be asked during the Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Interview are listed below.
- Tell us about yourself.
- What do you know about Singapore Airlines?
- Why do you think Cabin crews are important for airline companies?
- Why did you choose this profession?
- Why do you want to work for Singapore Airlines?
- Do you have previous customer experience or have you worked as a cabin crew before
- Have you ever dealt with an angry or upset customer? If yes, how did you handle the situation?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What value can you add to Singapore Airlines?
- Do you know about the ‘Singapore Girl’?
- What are your strategies to handle stressful situations?
- What would you do if you are not successful this time?
- Why do you think we should hire you?
- Why do you think good grooming and personality is a must for a cabin crew?
- Do you believe in teamwork?
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Bases
Those candidates applying for the Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew in Singapore will be based in Changi Airport. Likewise, applicants from other countries will work from Singapore as well as their home country also.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Uniform
Explore More Cabin Crew Opportunities How to become a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become an Air France Cabin Crew? How to become a British Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew? How to become a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Thai Airways Cabin Crew?
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Salary
The average salary of cabin crew at Singapore Airlines is SGD 42,000 (USD$31,246) per year. The yearly salary can range from SGD 14,000 (US$10,415) to SGD 72,000 (US$53,565) depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Salary per month
Cabin Crew at Singapore Airlines can earn an average of SGD 3,500 (US$2,603) per month and this pay scale can range from SGD 1,200 (US$892) to SGD 6,000 (US$4,463) per month depending upon the seniority level and experience.
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew can enjoy various perks and benefits.
- Attractive Salary Package with allowances based on flight patterns and logged hours.
- Minimum of the 5-year employment contract at the initial phase.
- Additional 5-year contact based on the job performance.
- Free travel to any SIA destination once a year and discounted travel at other times.
- Attractive Annual Leave Scheme
- Medical and Dental Treatment Scheme
- Comprehensive Training Programmes
- Career Development Opportunities
The information we discussed above is almost enough for you to apply for the Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew vacancy.
If you have any queries or doubts, please do not hesitate to write in the comments section below or contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew earn?
Cabin Crew at Singapore Airlines make an average of SGD 42,000 (USD$31,246) per year. The yearly salary can range from SGD 14,000 (US$10,415) to SGD 72,000 (US$53,565) depending upon the experience and seniority level.
How do I become a cabin crew for Singapore Airlines?
You need to fulfil basic requirements and apply online for the Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew vacancy. Video-interview and final interviews will be conducted by the airline recruitment team. If you pass these assessments, you will become a cabin crew for Singapore Airlines.
How many cabin crew does Singapore Airlines have?
There are more than 5,000 cabin crew currently working for Singapore Airlines.
Is SIA still hiring cabin crew?
Yes, SIA is currently hiring cabin crew for Singapore.