Are you passionate to travel all around the world, serving customers and becoming a brand ambassador for Turkish Airlines? If yes, you have an opportunity to join the Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew and fulfil your dream.
But, how can you become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? Well, you must first meet all the basic requirements and skills before applying for the cabin crew vacancy. After that, you need to go through various assessments including interviews, physical tests, medical tests and so on.
If you are searching for all the information and tips to become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew, this article is for you. So, stay till the end to explore all your queries.
With that, let’s begin our journey with some basic information on Turkish Airlines.
Table of Contents
About Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier of Turkey and is headquartered at Istanbul Ataturk Airport, Turkey. The airline flies to more than 315 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa and America. With that, it is the largest airline in the entire world in terms of the number of passenger destinations.
The flag carrier currently operates with Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, Airbus A350-900, Boeing 777-300ER, Airbus A330-300, A330-200, Airbus A321neo, Boeing 737-900, Airbus A321-200, Airbus A320-200, Boeing 737-800, Airbus A319, Boeing 737 MAX 9 and 737 MAX 8 series aircraft. As per the latest statistics of 2021, the total number of the fleet is 369.
Turkish Airlines also operates flights via codeshare agreements with major international carriers including Air China, All Nippon Airways, Air New Zealand, Etihad Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Lufthansa, Hawaiian Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, United Airlines and much more.
How to become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew?
The national flag carrier of Turkey offers opportunities for aspiring enthusiasts to become cabin crew and become brand ambassadors. The airline announces vacancies on the official career website whenever new flight attendants are required.
As an applicant, you must fulfil various requirements and proficiencies before applying for the vacancy. Turkish wants decent, friendly, elegant, calm and optimistic individuals to join the cabin crew team.
With that, let’s explore the basic requirements and recruitment process below.
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to fulfil to become eligible for applying to the cabin crew post.
- The minimum age requirement is 20 years however, it might change as per the airline requirement.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent level of education is mandatory.
- Applicants must be able to pass the medical tests.
- Visible Tattoos, Body Piercings or other visible body decorations are prohibited.
- International applicants must be able to obtain legal authorization and a work permit.
- Fluency in English Language (Writing, Speaking and Reading) is a must.
- Applicants must hold good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A friendly, charming and positive attitude is required.
- Applicants must be willing to work as per airline requirements.
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Height Requirements
The minimum height requirement is 155cm however, the ideal height for Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew is between 160cm to 180cm.
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Recruitment Process
If you manage to fulfil all the requirements discussed above, you are now fully eligible for applying to the Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew vacancy. For that, you need to go through the following processes.
- At first, applicants must visit the Turkish Airlines Careers website and then find cabin crew vacancies. You are required to submit an online application by filing a form with necessary documents like a CV, photograph, educational document and other details.
- Turkish Airlines Recruitment officials will analyze your application and if selected, you will be invited for the English test and competency tests via SMS or Email. These tests are conducted at the airline’s test centre.
- If you pass the English test and competency tests, the airline will conduct a final interview to know more about you and your competencies. Group Study, committee interview, English interview and psychological consultation are the major tests conducted during the final interview.
- With successful completion of the final interview, you will undergo height-weight measurement, document checks, tattoo-scar checks and various other pre-employment checks.
- Congratulations! You have been selected for the Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew. Now, you have to undertake initial Cabin Crew training to get ready for the commercial operations.
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Training Program
The fresh recruits have to mandatorily attend the Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew training conducted at the airline’s flight academy located in Istanbul. This intensive training program is conducted for 2-months to prepare new cabin crews for professional service.
The training module consists of safety training, personality development, aircraft familiarisation, airline work environment, emergency handling, aircraft equipment training, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), airline policies, aviation regulations and much more.
Turkish Airlines offers food and shuttle services during the initial cabin crew training program however, trainees must manage accommodation on their own as there won’t be compensation.
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Uniform
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Bases
Turkish Airlines operates flights from its base at Istanbul Ataturk Airport in Turkey. So, cabin crews are required to work from this base.
Also, the airline flies to more than 300 destinations across the globe and cabin crews could be assigned to any of them.
Explore More Cabin Crew Opportunities How to become a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become an Air France Cabin Crew? How to become a British Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew? How to become a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Thai Airways Cabin Crew?
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Salary
The average salary of cabin crew at Turkish Airlines is TRY 137,801 (US$9,524) per year. This pay scale can range from TRY 33,240 to TRY 105,960 depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Benefits
Besides basic salary, cabin crew at Turkish Airlines enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Private Health Insurance
- Free and Discounted Flights
- Financial Aid for Marriage
- Maternity and Nursery Benefit
- Language Allowance
- Partnered Hotels
- Shuttle Network
- Corporate Communication Activities
- Career Growth and Personal Development
- Financial and Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Insurance, Health and Wellness
This is how you can successfully become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew and develop your career in the aviation industry.
If you fulfil all the requirements and hold the required competencies, you can apply to the vacancy whenever listed on the airline’s official career website.
In case of any doubts or queries, please write in the comment section below or directly contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does Turkish Airlines pay cabin crew?
Cabin Crew at Turkish Airlines can earn an average of TRY 137,801 (US$9,524) per year. This pay scale can range from TRY 33,240 to TRY 105,960 depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Do Turkish Airlines hire foreigners?
Yes, Turkish Airlines hire foreigners also. As an international applicant, you must obtain legal authorization and a work permit.
How is it to work in Turkish Airline?
Turkish Airlines is one of the reputed airline companies in the world. It is also listed among the Top 20 Airlines of the world in 2021 by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. The airline offers exceptional service to its valuable customers. So, it is always a dream to work for such a reputed airline.