Flight Attendant or Cabin Crew is one of the popular career choices in the aviation industry as it allows you to travel and earn at the same time. It is also a respected job that offers lots of opportunities for career growth.
Cabin Crews are the key representative of an airline company and are responsible for presenting the brand value. We can assume cabin crews or flight attendants as the first impression of every airline company.
You can become a Cabin Crew for various airlines across the globe. For that, you need to meet minimum requirements and possess certain skills.
In this particular blog, we will be dealing with tips and information on becoming a Lufthansa Cabin Crew. So, let’s get started with some basic information on Lufthansa.
Table of Contents
- About Lufthansa
- How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew?
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Requirements
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Hiring Process
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Training Program
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Bases
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Uniform
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Salary
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Benefits
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Lufthansa is the national flag carrier of Germany that operates flights to more than 197 international destinations in 78 countries across Europe, America, Africa and Asia. The airline executes operations from its primary hubs at Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and Munich Airport (MUC).
Talking about the fleet details, Lufthansa currently owns Airbus A380, Boeing 747, Airbus A340, Airbus A350, Airbus A330, A321neo, A321, A320neo, A319, Embraer E195, E190, and Bombardier CRJ900.
Lufthansa is the founding member of Star Alliance and also operates flights via codeshare agreements with major foreign airlines including Air China, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines and much more.
How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew?
Lufthansa announces vacancies for cabin crew on its official website. You as an applicant must carefully analyze the requirements mentioned in the published vacancy before applying for the post.
What are the basic requirements to apply for Lufthansa Cabin Crew? Let’s find out in the section below.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to satisfy to become an eligible candidate for the Lufthansa Cabin Crew vacancy.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Age Limit
The minimum age of the applicant applying for Lufthansa Cabin Crew must be 18 years. The maximum age is not disclosed however, applicants above 30 years of age are less likely to be shortlisted.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Height Requirements
- The minimum height requirement is 1.60m and the maximum is 1.95m
- Applicants must hold a passport with a validity of at least 12 months.
- Must be able to swim safely.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) must be in the normal range.
- Visual acuity must be between +5 and -5 diopters.
- Fluency in German and English Language (Writing, Speaking and Reading) is a must.
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- Personality must be excellent with a well-groomed appearance.
- Applicants must be willing to work varied shifts and abroad assignments.
- Must possess intercultural competence and high service orientation.
- Must have the competency to deal with stressful and difficult circumstances.
- Must hold a sense of responsibility and reliability.
- Applicants must be enthusiastic and committed to the job.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Hiring Process
If you meet all the requirements mentioned above, you are now ready to apply for the Lufthansa Cabin Crew Vacancy. For that, you can go through the following processes.
- First of all, you need to visit the Lufthansa Group Careers website and search for a flight attendant or cabin crew vacancy.
- If you find any vacancy, you can submit an online application by filling up the form with your CV and other required information. To submit your application, you can create a user account or use social media account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, XING). You can also directly submit an application without registration and after submitting it, the system will automatically create a user account for you.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully analyze your applicant and if selected, you will be invited for further assessments that is usually conducted at Lufthansa’s base in Frankfurt. The assessments include document verification, physical tests, presentations by current Lufthansa Cabin Crew, group discussions, role-plays, problem-solving tasks, psychometric ability tests and other related tasks.
- If you manage to successfully pass the assessments, you will be selected for the final interview which will be conducted for almost 40 minutes to explore more about your competencies, language proficiencies, skills and various other parameters.
- After passing the final interview, you will go through various pre-employment checks including Criminal Record Checks (CRC), Drug Tests, financial history and work background.
Congratulations! You have passed all the tests and are now ready to join the initial flight attendant training.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Training Program
Those applicants selected for the Lufthansa Cabin Crew vacancy must go through the pre-flight training to get ready for the first commercial flight. The intensive training program is conducted at the airline’s training centre.
The training module includes general aviation knowledge, cabin crew tasks & responsibilities, communication skills, personality development, aircraft operation, aircraft familiarisation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Cabin Equipment handling, short-haul/long-haul flight training and much more.
Fresh recruits learn the theory first and then experience the working environment in the live aircraft cabin.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Training Center
The Lufthansa Cabin Crew Training Centers are located in Berlin, Cologne, Essen, Frankfurt, Munich and Zurich.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Bases
Lufthansa operates from two primary bases in Frankfurt and Munich so, cabin crews are required to operate these hubs. Frankfurt Airport and Munich Airport are the domiciles for Lufthansa Cabin Crews.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Uniform
Explore more Cabin Crew Opportunities How to become Qatar Airways Cabin Crew? How to become Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become Japan Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become Air France Cabin Crew? How to become British Airways Cabin Crew? How to become KLM Cabin Crew? How to become Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become Etihad Airways Cabin Crew? How to become Thai Airways Cabin Crew?
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Salary
Fresh Cabin Crew at Lufthansa can earn an average of €25,728 (US$28,333) per year. This pay scale can range from €21,888 (US$24,099) to €45,897 (US$50,534) per year depending upon the seniority level and experience.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Salary Per Month
Talking about the monthly salary, fresh Lufthansa Cabin Crew can make an average of €2,144 (US$2,360) per month. And the monthly salary can range from €1,824 (US$2,008) per month to €3,824 (US$4,209) per month depending upon experience and level of seniority.
Lufthansa Cabin Crew Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, Lufthansa Cabin Crew enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Attractive Pension Fund
- Employee Profit-Sharing
- Discounted Parking or Public Transport
- 13 Month Salary Package
- Travel Perks
- Employee Events and Network Meetings
- Various Discount Schemes
- Health and Life Insurance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
This is how you can become a successful Lufthansa Cabin Crew and advance your career in the aviation industry.
If you possess all the required skills and meet the basic requirements, don’t miss the opportunity to work for one of the reputed airlines in the world.
In case of any doubts or queries, please write in the comment section below or contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the salary of the cabin crew in Lufthansa?
Lufthansa Cabin Crew can earn an average of €25,728 (US$28,333) per year during the initial phase. This pay scale can range from €21,888 (US$24,099) to €45,897 (US$50,534) per year depending upon the seniority level and experience.
Do I need to speak German to work for Lufthansa?
The German language is mandatory to work for Lufthansa along with the English Language. So, you must be fluent in both languages to become Lufthansa Cabin Crew.
Can foreigners work for Lufthansa?
Lufthansa hires people from all over the world however, certain conditions related to visas, work permits and other essential documents must be met.
How to apply for Lufthansa Cabin Crew?
First of all, you need to find the vacancy on the Lufthansa Group Careers site and then create an account or use social media account to submit an online application. The airline recruitment team will invite you for the assessments if your application is verified.