Do you have the enthusiasm to offer the best service during flights? Are you passionate and positive about working with hectic schedules? And can you offer relentless service being away from home?
If the answer to these questions is ‘Yes’, you are eligible for becoming a KLM Cabin Crew. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines seeks dynamic candidates who can enhance the customer experience and brand identity. In addition, the airline also wants those individuals capable of bringing a smile to the faces of valuable passengers and providing proper safety and service on board.
As an applicant, you must fulfil some basic requirements and possess certain job-related skills to apply for the Cabin Crew vacancy at KLM.
So, let’s explore all the information related to becoming a KLM Cabin Crew including requirements, hiring processes, training program, salary and much more.
Table of Contents
About KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (known as KLM in short) is a national flag carrier of the Netherlands. The airline with its headquarters in Amstelveen, Netherlands operates from its main hub at Amsterdam Airport Schipol (AMS).
The airline operates flights to more than 133 destinations in 70 countries across the five continents. In addition, it also conducts flights via codeshare agreements with major international carriers including Aeroflot, Air France, China Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines and much more.
How to become a KLM Cabin Crew?
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines announces vacancies for Cabin Crew on its official website. To become eligible for the vacancy, you must fulfil basic requirements along with certain job-related skills.
Let’s explore the basic requirements and hiring processes in the section below.
KLM Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to meet before applying for the Cabin Crew Vacancy at KLM.
- The minimum age of an applicant must be 21 years.
- The minimum height requirement is 1.58m tall and the maximum is 1.90m tall.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a senior general secondary education (havo) or intermediate vocational education diploma (mbo level 4).
- Fluency in English and Dutch language is mandatory. (Writing, Speaking and Reading)
- Applicants must have at least 1 to 1.5 years of experience in hospitality, customer service or any other service-oriented environment.
- Applicants must be medically fit.
- Visible Tattoos, body piercings and other decorations are strictly prohibited.
- Applicants must be able to present at Schiphol within one hour during an on-call shift.
- Must be able to swim 50 meters.
- Must hold good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must be available full-time for at least six months after completing the cabin crew training.
- Must be prepared to wear the KLM uniform and follow the necessary attire regulations.
KLM Cabin Crew Hiring Process
Those candidates managing to meet the basic requirements can apply for the KLM Cabin Crew vacancy. To apply, they must find the vacancy online and apply as per the following procedures.
- First of all, you need to visit the KLM Careers Website and search for the Cabin Crew vacancy. If you find any active vacancy, you are required to apply online by submitting an application form with the necessary information.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully review your application and if selected, you will be eligible for the digital tests. For that, you will receive a link via email to access the digital tests webpage.
- The digital test consists of three parameters: English Language Test, Competency Test and Dyslexia/Dyscalculia. These tests are carried out to check various capacity components and you will be provided with a certain amount of time to answer each question.
- Once you manage to pass the digital tests, you will then move towards the third round which is called ‘Meet & Greet’. During this round, you will speak with other applicants and the recruiters in both English and Dutch language. You are required to give a short presentation about yourself along with answers to other questions to explore more about yourself.
- After successful completion of the ‘Meet & Greet’, you are now ready for a practical assignment. This assignment includes group tasks in which you and your group will try to achieve a specific goal.
- The successful completion of the practical assignment is the gateway to the final selection interview which is also known as Criteria Based Interview (CBI). This interview is conducted by 2 recruiters from KLM to measure different competencies.
- Now, it is time for the final procedure that includes security checks, background checks, medical examinations and drug tests.
- Congratulations! You have passed all the assessments with positive results. Now, you are read to embark basic Cabin Crew training course.
KLM Cabin Crew Training Program
Those candidates managing to pass all the selection procedures will go through initial cabin crew training conducted by KLM at its training facility. This course is designed to provide fresh recruits with every available module essential for joining the commercial service.
The KLM Basic Course is carried out in two phases: Phase 1 and Phase 2. A total of 40 hours of digital programme course is included in the First Phase whereas the Second Phase includes a 20-day full training conducted at Schiphol-East.
After completing the basic course, cabin crews will be offered a one-year contract. And this contract can be extended or converted into a permanent contract if they perform well during the 1st year of service.
KLM Cabin Crew Uniform
KLM Cabin Crew Bases
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines operates from its primary hub at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS). The airline also holds offices in foreign countries.
KLM Cabin Crews are required to operate from AMS however, they are also required to work from all the destinations operated by the airline.
Explore more Cabin Crew Opportunities How to become a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become a Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become a Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become an Air France Cabin Crew? How to become a British Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew? How to become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Thai Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew?
KLM Cabin Crew Salary
As per the latest salary arrangement, new hire Cabin Crew at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines can earn a gross starting salary of € 2,225.60 (US$2,417.20) per month. The yearly salary can be expected almost €26,707.2 (US$29,006.42).
The monthly pay scale can range from €1,415 to €2,671 and yearly from €11,405 to €44,780 depending upon the seniority level and experience gained.
KLM Cabin Crew Benefits
With a basic salary, KLM Cabin Crew enjoy various benefits and perks.
- A daily allowance when on location
- Travel Allowance
- Discounts at the car hire companies, hotels and other places.
- Employee Profit Sharing
- 13th Month Salary Package
- Low Premium for Collective Travel Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Private Insurance
- Flying at Discounted Rates
- Health and Vitality Programs
- Sustainable Employability and Personal Development
This is how you can become a successful KLM Cabin Crew and enhance your aviation career. If you meet all the basic requirements and hold job-related proficiencies, you must not miss the golden opportunity to work for a reputed airline like KLM.
If you have any doubts or queries, please do not hesitate to write in the comment section below or contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much do flight attendants make KLM?
The new hire Cabin Crew at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines can earn a gross starting salary of € 2,225.60 (US$2,417.20) per month. The yearly salary can be expected almost €26,707.2 (US$29,006.42).
How do I become a KLM Cabin Crew?
First of all, you must fulfil basic requirements and hold job-related proficiencies. Then, you can apply to the KLM Cabin Crew vacancy online and go through various assessments including application review, digital tests, Meet & Greet, Practical Assignment, Final Interview, Medical tests, drug tests and various other tests. If you manage to pass all these assessments, you will become a KLM Cabin Crew.
Do you have to speak Dutch to work for KLM?
Proficiency in Dutch and English language is a mandatory requirement to join KLM Cabin Crew. So, you must speak Dutch and English language fluently to work for KLM.