Are you planning to apply for the Japan Airlines Cabin crew vacancy in 2023? You must meet basic requirements to apply for the post and must go through various assessments to become successful.
Cabin crew is one of the best jobs for those loving aviation and travel. It might be your dream also!
If you are passionate and really love joining the cabin crew, you have lots of opportunities offered by various airlines across the globe. In this blog, we will particularly focus on information and tips on becoming a Japan Airlines cabin crew in 2023.
Let’s get started with some basic details on Japan Airlines.
Table of Contents
About Japan Airlines
Japan Airlines (JAL) is the national flag carrier of Japan and operates from its bases at Tokyo Haneda Airport (HND) and Narita International Airport (NRT). The airline operates passenger and cargo flights to more than 210 destinations in 35 countries around the world.
Talking about the fleet, JAL operates with over 270 fleets consisting of Airbus A350-900, Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, B787-8 Dreamliner, B777-300ER, B777-300, B767-300ER, B767-300, B737-800 and other small jets.
JAL also operates via codeshare agreements with major airlines including Air France, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Emirates, Garuda Indonesia, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue, Qatar Airways, Qantas, Korean Air and much more.
How to become a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew?
Japan Airlines announces vacancies for cabin crew through its official website. Both males and females are provided with the opportunity to apply for the post.
As an applicant for the cabin crew job at JAL, you need to fulfil basic requirements and must apply online via the airline’s official careers site.
With that, let’s explore the basic requirements.
Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to satisfy before applying for the cabin crew vacancy at Japan Airlines.
Note: Japan Airlines announces Cabin Crew vacancies based on nationalities like Japan, Singapore, Thailand or other countries. The requirements might vary according to the nationality so, applicants must read the job details before applying.
- The minimum age of an applicant must be 20 years and the maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree education is required (3 GCR ‘O’ Levels including English for applicants from Singapore).
- Fluency in the English Language (Writing, Speaking and Reading) is a must.
- The Mandarin Language is required for applicants from Singapore.
- Applicants with Japanese or Chinese language proficiency are highly preferred.
- If selected, applicants must study the Japanese language. (Applicable for applicant except for Japan).
- Applicants must secure a total of 650 points in TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication).
- The minimum height requirement is 158cm.
- The minimum arm reach is 210 cm on tiptoes.
- Health conditions must be perfect with 20/20 eye vision with or without a contact lens.
- Visible Tattoos are strictly prohibited.
- Eyeglasses are not allowed. Only contact lenses are permitted.
- Dental Braces are also not permitted.
- Applicants must submit a recent photo. (Studio photo is not preferable).
Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Hiring Process
You are eligible for applying to the cabin crew post at JAL only after fulfilling all the basic prerequisites mentioned above. If you are ready to apply, follow the hiring processes listed below to apply accurately and become successful.
- First of all, you need to find a JAL cabin crew vacancy at the airline’s official site.
- If you find any vacancies for cabin crew, apply online through the provided link. You may be asked to submit a CV, educational document, photograph, personal details and other information with the online application.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully analyze your submitted online application. If selected, you will be invited for the first interview.
- If you manage to pass the first interview, you will be shortlisted for the final interview.
- Once you pass the final interview, the airline will conduct a medical examination.
- Successful completion of the medical examination will take you to the initial cabin crew training program.
- After completion of training, you will become an official Japan Airlines Cabin Crew.
Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Training
The selected fresher cabin crew will go through a maximum of 3-month initial cabin crew training program to get ready for flying with Japan Airlines and serving its valuable customers.
The training program is conducted at the airline facility in Tokyo and also in Singapore. This training program is provided to recruits for aircraft familiarization, safety training, emergency handling training, medical training, personality development, airline policies introduction and much more.
Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Uniform
Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Bases
Cabin Crew at Japan Airlines will be working from Tokyo-Haneda International Airport (HND) or Tokyo-Narita International Airport (NRT). Besides, crews from Singapore, Thailand or other countries except Japan will also operate from their home country.
Explore More Cabin crew jobs How to become Qatar Airways Cabin Crew? How to become Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become Emirates Cabin Crew? How to become Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew? How to become Qantas Airways Cabin Crew? How to become Air France Cabin Crew? How to become British Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Lufthansa Cabin Crew? How to become a KLM Cabin Crew? How to become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew? How to become an Etihad Airways Cabin Crew? How to become a Thai Airways Cabin Crew?
Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Salary
The average salary of cabin crew at Japan Airlines is ¥ 449,999 per month which is equivalent to US$3,902 per month. This pay scale can range from ¥ 176,000 (US$1526) per month to ¥ 560,474 (US$4,860) per month depending upon the seniority level and experience.
Japan Airlines Cabin Crew Benefits
In addition to the basic salary, cabin crew at Japan Airlines can enjoy various benefits and perks.
- Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement plans
- Paid Vacation Policy
- Free Transportation
- International Relocation
- Health and Life Insurance
- Vision and Dental Service
- Yearly Bonuses
- Free and Discounted Flights
Till the end of this article, we discovered almost all information related to becoming a Japan Airlines Cabin Crew. You can grab the opportunity whenever vacancies arrive and for that, you need to stay prepared and visit the airline’s website frequently for updates.
If you have any doubts or queries, please do write in the comment section below or contact us.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does a flight attendant earn in Japan?
Cabin Crew at Japan Airlines earn an average of ¥ 449,999 per month which is equivalent to US$3,902. This pay scale can range from ¥ 176,000 (US$1526) per month to ¥ 560,474 (US$4,860) per month.
Can I become a flight attendant in Japan?
Yes, you can become a flight attendant in Japan. For that, you need to fulfil basic requirements and learn the Japanese language.
How do you become a cabin crew in Japan?
First of all, you must meet all the basic requirements. After that, you can apply online and go through interviews and medical examinations to become a cabin crew in Japan.