If you are willing to become a Flight Attendant for a reputed airline in the United States, you can choose Sun Country Airlines.
You must fulfil the basic requirements set by Sun Country Airlines and apply for the flight attendant position through the career section of the airline’s official website.
You must be wondering about the requirements, salary, training, bases and much more related to the Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant job.
To assist you, we have created this detailed blog covering all the topics related to becoming a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines.
Let us begin with some basic information about the airlines
- About Sun Country Airlines
- How to become a Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant?
- Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
- Processes to become flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Training
- Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
- Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
- Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Benefits
- Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
- Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About Sun Country Airlines
Sun Country Airlines is a low-cost carrier that operates flights to different destinations across the United States, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean. The airline has its headquarter in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Sun Country operates flights to its destinations from its hub at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Fort Myers, Orlando and Minneapolis/St. Paul are the top domestic destinations.
Talking about the fleet details, the airline currently operates with 1 Boeing 737-700 and 35 Boeing 737-800.
How to become a Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant?
Sun Country Airlines publishes vacancies for flight attendants on its official website. To apply for the position, you need to fulfil certain requirements including education, physical and others.
Now, let’s find out the requirements.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to fulfil to become a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 21 years
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent level of education is required
- You must hold a minimum of 2 years of customer service experience
- Basic Computer Knowledge is also required
- Fluency in the English Language (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Understanding) is compulsory
- Applicants must hold a valid passport
- Applicants must obtain authorization to work in the United States and travel in and out of the country and to all destinations where Sun Country Airlines operates
- Must be a team worker and possess strong work ethics
- Must have the ability to remain calm during emergency situations that include turbulence, bomb threats, flight fires, emergency evacuations and so on
- Must be willing to relocate locations as per airline requirement
- Must be willing to work ‘reserve’ (on-call) status
- Must be able to present a neat and professional appearance as per airline standards
- Applicants must be able to fully fit into FA jump seats and secure the seat belt/shoulder harness assembly without modification in any manner to achieve closure
- Must have enough vision to safely execute the essential functions of the position
- Must possess good hearing perceptivity
- Must hold a normal colour vision, peripheral vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to cope with a vibrant and varied schedule
- Proper Stamina is required as per duty requirements
- Visible Tattoos and Body Piercings are strictly prohibited
- Employees at Sun Country Airlines are required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers for a long period of time.
- You are required to frequently lift weights up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently push and pull carts with weights ranging from 100 to 250 pounds.
- Must be able to open and close the aircraft door in normal as well as emergency mode.
Processes to become flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines
You need to go through the following processes to become a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines.
- First of all, you need to visit the Sun Country Airlines official website and find out vacancies for flight attendants.
- After finding active vacancies, you can apply online if you fulfil all requirements mentioned in the job details section.
- You need to create an account using your name, email and password to apply online.
- After creating the account, you are required to submit an application by filling a form and submitting required documents including resume, passport, educational certificate and so on.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully analyze your online application and select you for the next process.
- If you meet all the requirements, the airline will conduct various assessments that may include video interviews, one on one interviews, group discussions, physical tasks and so on.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Training
The selected candidates for the flight attendant position at Sun Country Airlines are required to undertake four weeks of initial flight attendant training.
The initial flight attendant training is proposed to offer aircraft familiarization, aviation product knowledge, airline policies, FAA standards, emergency processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and much more.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
Searching for tips to join flight attendants for other airlines in the United States? Visit the links below.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
Flight Attendants at Sun Country Airlines are expected to earn yearly amounts ranging from $21,924 to $39,125.
Talking about the hourly rate, flight attendants can earn an average of $23 per hour. The hourly pay scale can range from $16 to $35 depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Benefits
Besides basic salary, Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendants acquire various benefits and perks.
- Flight Attendants at Sun Country receive paid time off including vacation and sick time accruals based on length of service.
- Sun Country Airlines also offers a 410k retirement plan
- You get travel privileges with which you can enjoy travel with low-cost options for you and your family members
- You will also receive various insurance policies
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
Sun Country Airlines operates flights with only one base located in Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. So, flight attendants are required to work from this base in Gulfport, Mississippi and Laughlin, Nevada.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long is Sun Country Flight Attendant Training?
The initial flight attendant training program by Sun Country Airlines is conducted for almost four weeks.
How many flight attendants does Sun Country have?
There are more than 550 flight attendants currently working for Sun Country Airlines.
Where is Sun Country flight attendant training?
The initial flight attendant training is conducted at Sun Country Airline’s training centre located at the headquarter.
What are Sun Country Flight benefits?
Paid Time Off, 401k retirement plan, Travel Privileges and Insurance are the benefits provided by Sun Country Airlines.