If you are willing to become a Flight Attendant for a reputed airline in the United States, you can choose Sun Country Airlines.
You must fulfill the basic requirements set by Sun Country Airlines and apply for the flight attendant position through the career section of the airline’s official website.
You must be wondering about the requirements, salary, training, bases, and much more related to the Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant job.
To assist you, we have created this detailed blog covering all the topics related to becoming a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines.
Let us begin with some basic information about the airlines.
About Sun Country Airlines
Sun Country Airlines is a low-cost carrier that operates flights to different destinations across the United States, Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. The airline has its headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Sun Country operates flights to its destinations from its hub at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Fort Myers, Orlando, and Minneapolis/St. Paul are the top domestic destinations.
Talking about the fleet details, the airline currently operates with 1 Boeing 737-700 and 35 Boeing 737-800.
How to become a Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant?
Sun Country Airlines publishes vacancies for flight attendants on its official website. To apply for the position, you need to fulfill certain requirements including education, physical, and others.
Now, let’s find out the requirements.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you need to fulfill to become a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of direct customer service experience
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, understand, and clearly speak in English
- Must be 20 years or older at the start of training
- Must have valid passports/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and to all cities/countries served by Sun Country Airlines
- Work independently, yet work well with others as part of a team
- Excellent dependability and strong work ethic
- Ability to remain calm and respond to emergency situations including aircraft evacuations, in-flight fires, bomb threats, unusual situations, and turbulence
- Able to manage emergencies and care for passengers under duress
- Constant alertness and ability to act in emergency situations
- Able to endure repetitive variances in altitude and cabin pressure
- Ability to relocate to within 2 hours of Minneapolis International Airport (MSP) while on “reserve” (on call) status
- Able to be away from home for up to six (6) nights in a row
- Ability to work “reserve” (on-call) status for an extended period
- Fully fit into FA jump seats and secure the seat belt/shoulder harness assembly without modification in any manner to achieve closure
- Have enough vision to safely perform the essential functions of the position
- Have enough hearing acuity enough to communicate with co-workers and passengers
- Able to meet the demands of a vigorous and varied schedule
- Stamina appropriate to the duty requirements
- Must present a neat and professional appearance including adhering to Sun Country Airlines uniform and appearance standards. No visible tattoos and body piercings
- Applicants must be able to fully fit into FA jump seats and secure the seat belt/shoulder harness assembly without modification in any manner to achieve closure
- Must have enough vision to safely execute the essential functions of the position
- Must possess good hearing perceptivity
- Must hold the normal color vision, peripheral vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to cope with a vibrant and varied schedule
- Proper Stamina is required as per duty requirements
- Visible Tattoos and Body Piercings are strictly prohibited
- Employees at Sun Country Airlines are required to stand, walk, and use their hands or fingers for a long period of time.
- You are required to frequently lift weights up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently push and pull carts with weights ranging from 100 to 250 pounds.
- Must be able to open and close the aircraft door in normal as well as emergency mode.
If you have previous flight attendant experience, it is an advantage.
Processes to become a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines
You need to go through the following processes to become a flight attendant for Sun Country Airlines.
- First of all, you need to visit Sun Country Airlines’ official website and find out about vacancies for flight attendants.
- After finding active vacancies, you can apply online if you fulfill all requirements mentioned in the job details section.
- You need to create an account using your name, email, and password to apply online.
- After creating the account, you are required to submit an application by filling out a form and submitting the required documents including a resume, passport, educational certificate, and so on.
- The airline recruitment team will carefully analyze your online application and select you for the next process.
- If you meet all the requirements, the airline will conduct various assessments that may include video interviews, one on one interviews, group discussions, physical tasks, and so on.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Training
The selected candidates for the flight attendant position at Sun Country Airlines are required to undertake four weeks of initial flight attendant training held at the training facility in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The initial flight attendant training is proposed to offer aircraft familiarization, aviation product knowledge, airline policies, FAA standards, emergency processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and much more.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Uniform
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendants are responsible for the purchase of their first uniform and luggage, approximately $600.00, which may be payroll deducted once employed by the Company.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Work Schedule
Sun Country Airlines operates as a scheduled passenger airline throughout the year, requiring Flight Attendants to work varying shifts, including weekends, evenings, holidays, and “red eye” hours. Monthly shift assignments are awarded based on seniority.
Those on reserve must be able to report to the airport within two hours of being notified, with ten days off scheduled per month, while the remaining days are on-call and require immediate phone availability.
The line-holding Flight Attendants, however, receive a minimum of 13 days off per month.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Salary
Flight Attendants at Sun Country Airlines are expected to earn yearly amounts ranging from $21,924 to $39,125. The airline provides a monthly guarantee of 72.5 flight hours at a $21.53 rate of pay.
Talking about the hourly rate, flight attendants can earn an average of $23 per hour. The hourly pay scale can range from $16 to $35 depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Benefits
Besides basic salary, Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendants acquire various benefits and perks.
- Flight Attendants at Sun Country receive paid time off including vacation and sick time accruals based on length of service.
- Sun Country Airlines also offers a 410k retirement plan
- You get travel privileges with which you can enjoy travel with low-cost options for you and your family members
- You will also receive various insurance policies
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant Bases
Sun Country Airlines operates flights with only one base located at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. So, flight attendants are required to work from this base in Gulfport, Mississippi, and Laughlin, Nevada.
Conclusion on Becoming Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant
In a nutshell, becoming a Sun Country Airlines flight attendant is a challenging yet rewarding career choice. The hiring process can be competitive, however, you can achieve success with the right qualifications, skills, and mindset.
By following the tips and steps outlined in this article, you can prepare yourself for the application, interview, and training phases of the selection process. Remember to showcase your customer service skills, passion for aviation, and adaptability throughout the hiring process.
If you are dedicated, committed, and willing to go the extra mile to provide exceptional service to passengers, a career as a Sun Country Airlines flight attendant could be a fulfilling and exciting opportunity for you.
Searching for tips to join flight attendants for other airlines in the United States? Visit the links below.
How to become a United Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become an American Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become an Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become a Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant?
How to become a Hawaiian Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become an Allegiant Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become an Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become a Breeze Airways Flight Attendant?
How to become an Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become a Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant?
How to become a JetBlue Flight Attendant?
How to become a Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a Silver Airways Flight Attendant?
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long is Sun Country Flight Attendant Training?
The initial flight attendant training program by Sun Country Airlines is conducted for almost four weeks.
How many flight attendants does Sun Country have?
There are more than 550 flight attendants currently working for Sun Country Airlines.
Where is Sun Country flight attendant training?
The initial flight attendant training is conducted at Sun Country Airline’s training center located at the headquarter.
What are Sun Country Flight benefits?
Paid Time Off, 401k retirement plan, Travel Privileges, and Insurance are the benefits provided by Sun Country Airlines.
How much does Sun Country pay Flight Attendants?
Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendants are anticipated to receive annual earnings ranging from $21,924 to $39,125, with an average hourly rate of $23. Depending on their level of experience and seniority, the hourly wage can vary from $16 to $35.