Flight Attendant is a delightful job in the aviation industry as it allows you to travel and earn at the same time.
If you have a strong desire to travel, help other people and explore new things, you are good to go for flight attendant jobs.
And you must be wondering how to become a flight attendant? Don’t worry, we got you covered in this article with all the information.
Specifically, we will know how to become an Allegiant Air Flight attendant in this informational article.
But, before getting to our main topic let’s explore some basic details about Allegiant Air.
About Allegiant Air
Allegiant Air is one of the major airlines in the United States with its headquarters at Summerlin, Nevada. It is categorized as an ultra-low-cost airline and the airline is the fourteenth-largest commercial airline in North America.
The airline operates flights to 129 destinations across the United States. Orlando, Las Vegas, St. Petersburg, Punta Gorda and Phoenix are the major domestic destinations for Allegiant Air.
Allegiant Air has its bases at different airports across the U.S. Some major hubs from where the airline operates flights to various domestic destinations are listed below.
Allegiant Air Flight Attendant Bases
- Los Angeles International Airport
- McCarran International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Punta Gorda Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- Asheville Regional Airport
- Indianapolis International Airport
- Nashville International Airport
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
Talking about the fleet details, Allegiant Air operates with 35 Airbus A319-100 and 80 Airbus A320-200 aircraft. In addition, the airline has ordered 9 Airbus A320-200.
How to become an Allegiant Air Flight Attendant?
Before applying for Allegiant Flight Attendant, you need to fulfil all the requirements set by the airline.
There are various requirements including educational qualification, age, physical appearance, personality, language proficiency and much more.
To find out the exact requirements, you need to visit the Allegiant Air official website and see the detailed information.
Allegiant Air Flight Attendant Requirements
Like other airlines, Allegiant Air also requires various qualifications from its candidates for flight attendant positions.
Some basic and minimum requirements are listed below.
- The minimum required age is 21 years
- High School Diploma, College Degree or equivalent level of educational qualification is required
- Minimum 1-year direct customer service is required
- Applicants must be able to execute all functions required for flight attendant
- Good judgmental skills are required
- Basic computer skills with comfortability to use a tablet is a must
- All the documentation submitted must possess correct identification
- Applicants must be capable of reading, writing and speaking English
- Applicants must be able to attend a minimum of 4.5 weeks of training in Las Vegas
- During training, applicants are required to wear a face mask throughout training and the entire time on duty
- Applicants are required to stand, sit, reach, talk, hear, see, kneel and use hands and fingers to operate equipment inside an aircraft
- Applicants must be able to lift, push, pull and carry loads up to 100 lbs
- Applicants are required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation
- Besides these basic requirements, you will have an advantage if you hold previous flight attendant experience.
Allegiant Air Flight Attendant Selection Processes
- First of all, you need to find active flight attendant vacancies on Allegiant Air official website. If there are vacancies, you need to submit your application online.
- After reviewing and analyzing your online application, the HR department will contact you for further processes if you meet all the qualifications.
- Allegiant Air will ask applicants to appear in one or all of the following tests.
PreRecorded Video Interview
Virtual Group Interview
- As per the instruction, you need to appear on any of these tests and if you manage to pass, you will be eligible for initial flight attendant training.
- After passing 4.5 weeks of the initial Flight Attendant training program, you will receive your wings to fly as an Allegiant Air flight attendant.
Allegiant Air Flight Attendant Training
Candidates who manage to pass the job assessment, informational videos, PreRecorded Video Interview or Virtual Group Interview are eligible for 4 ½ weeks Initial Flight Attendant Training program.
This flight attendant training program is conducted at the airline’s state of the art training facility in Las Vegas.
The training program focuses on in-flight service, fire-fighting skills, emergency handling techniques, aircraft familiarization, aviation product knowledge, and various other programs.
Initial Flight Attendant trainees must obtain a 90% or above average on all written and oral exams. Besides, they must also pass all the physical requirements, and emergency/evacuation drills.
This initial flight attendant training is unpaid however, trainees are paid a per diem of $48 per day to cover various expenses.
Allegiant Flight Attendant Job Description
After receiving wings to fly with Allegiant Air as a flight attendant, you are required to fulfil the following job requirements.
- Flight Attendant must perform pre-boarding security checks of aircraft, luggage and customers
- Must conduct pre-flight safety checks of the cabin area
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and procedures
- Serve and sell food, alcohol, non-alcohol beverages, snacks and foods to the airline passengers
- Ensure all the in-flight safety requirements
- Flight Attendants must work as part of a team and actively work under pressure
Allegiant Air Flight Attendant Uniforms
If you wish to work as a flight attendant for other airlines in the U.S., refer to the following articles. How to become United Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become American Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant? How to become Hawaiian Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become an Avelo Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a Breeze Airways Flight Attendant? How to become an Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a JetBlue Flight Attendant? How to become a Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a Sun Country Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant? How to become a Silver Airways Flight Attendant?
Allegiant Air Flight Attendant Salary
Allegiant Air Flight Attendants are expected to make an average of $24 per hour. The pay scale can range from $9 to $39 depending upon the experience and seniority level.
As per Indeed (a popular job search site), Allegiant Flight Attendants earn approximately $33,079 which meets the national average.
Besides normal salary, Flight attendants and other staff at Allegiant Air receive the following benefits.
- Health and Wellness Benefits including accident insurance, critical illness insurance, short-term disability and life insurance, 24/7 access to Telehealth services
- 401(k) investment plans with immediate vesting
- You can access the employee stock purchase program
- You and your eligible dependents can benefit from unlimited and space-available flights on Allegiant Air.
- Your best friends, long-lost cousins and other family members can fly with buddy passes for a small fee
- Also, employees at Allegiant Air benefit from flights with other partner airlines for a small fee
- Allegiant Air offers various discounts for car rentals, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, hotels and other areas.
- In addition, employees can enjoy free shows in Las Vegas and 50% off for Ice Cream in Punta Gorda.
- Employees can access Allegiant University that offers a variety of courses including Microsoft Excel, personal branding and accountability
Allegiant Air Flight Attendant Interview Questions
You as an Allegiant Air Flight Attendant must appear in interview exams.
Some common interview questions are listed below.
- Tell us about yourself?
- Why do you want to work at Allegiant Air?
- What are your strategies for dealing with an angry or upset customer?
- What makes you eligible for this position?
- Tell us about your hobbies?
- What does good customer service mean to you?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Tell us about a time when you had an emergency situation, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?
- At Allegiant Air, excellent customer service is mandatory. How will you cope up with this requirement?
- Tell us your top 3 skills that will make you an ideal team member at Allegiant air?
- Have you ever worked for one of our airline competitors?
- Are you familiar with our flight benefits and other employee perks?
Some Frequently Asked Questions
How much money does an Allegiant flight attendant make?
Allegiant Air Flight Attendants are expected to earn an average of $24 per hour. The pay scale can range from $9 to $39 depending upon the experience and seniority level.
Does Allegiant pay for flight attendant training?
The initial 4 ½ weeks of flight attendant training provided by Allegiant Air is unpaid however, you will receive per diem of $48 per day to cover miscellaneous expenses.
Do Allegiant employees fly free?
As per the travel benefits offered by Allegiant Air, employees are provided with unlimited free flights.
Where are Allegiant flight attendant bases?
Las Vegas, Asheville, Cincinnati, Nashville, Phoenix, Fort Lauderdale, Indianapolis are the major bases for Allegiant flight attendants.