Are you an aviation enthusiast and want to become a pilot? You know you have lots of opportunities to become a professional pilot for various airlines in the United States and other countries across the globe.
We are publishing the ‘How to become a pilot?’ series on our website and in this article, we will focus on ‘How to become an Allegiant Pilot in 2023?’.
You can find information on becoming a pilot for other airlines in the United States by visiting the published blogs.
Now, let us get to our main topic by exploring some basic details on Allegiant Air.
Table of Contents
About Allegiant Air
Allegiant Air is an ultra-low-cost airline that operates scheduled as well as charter flights to various domestic destinations across the United States. The airline is commonly called ‘Allegiant’ and has its headquarter in Summerlin, Nevada.
At present, Allegiant Air operates flights with 35 Airbus A319-100 and 86 Airbus A320-200. It has ordered 30 Boeing 737 MAX 7 and 20 Boeing 737 MAX 200 aircraft.
Las Vegas, Phoenix/Mesa, Punta Gorda, St. Petersburg and Orlando are the top domestic destinations for Allegiant.
How to become an Allegiant Pilot in 2023?
Allegiant Air announces vacancies for pilots on its official website. As an applicant, you are required to fulfil basic requirements, flight time requirements, FAA Certification and others to be eligible.
Allegiant Air Pilot Requirements
Here are the basic requirements you must fulfil before applying for the Allegiant Pilot position.
- The minimum age of an applicant must be 23 years.
- High School Diploma or GED Education Level is mandatory.
- Having a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is a plus point.
- Applicants must be able to pass the Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening Test.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Fluency in English Language (Reading, Writing and Speaking) is a must.
- Passport, Driver’s License, Educational Certificate and other documents must be authentic.
- Applicants must obtain legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must acquire authorization to travel in and out of the United States.
- Applicants with basic computer skills are preferred.
- Having Part 121 Experience and Military Experience is an advantage.
FAA Certification Requirements
- Applicants must obtain First Class Medical Certificate as per FAA standards.
- Must hold FAA Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate.
- Must hold FAA Airplane Multi-engine Land (AMEL).
- Must obtain FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit.
Flight Time Requirement
In addition to the basic and FAA Certification requirements, you must have logged the following flight hours to be eligible for the Allegiant Pilot position.
- A minimum of 1500 flight hours (Fixed-wing turboprop or turbofan flight time) is required.
- A minimum of 1000 flight hours of multi-engine time.
- A minimum of 500 hours as Pilot in Command (PIC) Flight Time.
Those applicants with the following competencies are highly preferred.
- 3000 hours of Total Flight Time.
- 1000 hours flight time on Multi-Engine turbine or jet.
- 1000 hours as Pilot in Command (PIC)
Allegiant Air Pilot Hiring Process
If you meet all the requirements mentioned above, you are eligible to apply for the Allegiant Pilot vacancy. You need to go through the following processes to apply for the position.
- First of all, you need to find active vacancies for pilots on the Allegiant official career website.
- If you find any open vacancies, you can apply online by creating an account and submitting an application form along with documents and certifications.
- After careful review and analysis of your application, the hiring officers will select you for further assessments that may include interviews, skills tests, cognitive tests, psychometric tests, document verification and so on.
- If you manage to pass all the assessments, you will be selected for the pilot post at Allegiant Air.
Searching for pilot opportunities on other airlines in the U.S.? Read these blogs.
Allegiant Air Pilot Salary
Pilots at Allegiant Air are expected to earn almost $102,721 per year. This pay scale can range from $34,500 per year for a new first officer up to $123,456 per year for an experienced senior captain.
Allegiant Air Pilot Benefits
Besides basic salary, pilots at Allegiant Air receive various benefits and perks including:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Travel Privileges
- Various Insurance Policies
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Small Crew Bases
Allegiant Air Pilot Uniform
Allegiant Air Pilot Bases
Pilots at Allegiant Air are required to operate from the following bases:
|Pennsylvania||Lehigh Valley International AirportPittsburgh International Airport|
|Greenville||Appleton International Airport|
|North Carolina||Asheville Regional Airport|
|Austin, Texas||Austin-Bergstrom International Airport|
|Washington||Bellingham International Airport|
|Kentucky||Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport|
|Des Moines||Des Moines International Airport|
|Michigan||Bishop International Airport|
Gerald R. Ford International Airport
|Florida||Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport|
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
Punta Gorda Airport
St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
|Indiana||Indianapolis International Airport|
|Tennessee||McGhee Tyson Airport|
|Las Vegas||Harry Reid International Airport|
|Los Angeles||Los Angeles International Airport|
|Nashville||Nashville International Airport|
|Orlando||Orlando Sanford International Airport|
|Arizona||Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport|
The information we discussed above covers all aspects of ‘How to become an Allegiant Pilot in 2023?’. If you meet all requirements and are competent enough, you can apply whenever vacancies arrive.
For more reliable information, you can contact the airline through e-mail and seek assistance from the recruitment team.
If you have any queries or doubts, please feel free to contact us or comment below.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does an Allegiant Air pilot make?
Allegiant Air pilots can earn almost $102,721 per year. This salary can range from $34,500 per year for a new first officer up to $123,456 per year for an experienced senior captain.
How many pilots does Allegiant Air have?
At present, there are more than 1000 pilots working for Allegiant Air. This number is increasing with new pilot hiring opportunities.
Where are Allegiant pilot bases?
ABE, ATW, AUS, AVL, BLI, BNA, CVG, DSM, FLL, FNT, GRR, IND, IWA, LAS, LAX, PGD, PIE, PIT, SAV, SFB, TYS and VPS are the Allegiant pilot bases.