Air Canada is the biggest airline in Canada and the country’s flag carrier. They operate flights to different places within Canada and around the world.
The flag carrier primarily operates its flights from major hubs located in Calgary, Montreal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson, and Vancouver.
When it comes to international travel, Air Canada has flights to and from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) as one of their major destinations.
In this article, we will find out ‘What terminal is Air Canada at LAX?’ and provide you with important information like the terminal map, arrivals and departures, services and amenities, and useful travel tips.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What terminal does Air Canada fly out of at LAX?
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the main airport serving Los Angeles and its surrounding area. It covers a large area of 3,500 acres and has four concrete runways.
LAX is a hub for several major airlines, including Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, and Polar Air Cargo. It is also an important city for Allegiant Air, JetBlue Airways, and Southwest Airlines.
LAX has nine terminals, numbered 1 to 8, and the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TB or TBIT). In total, there are 146 gates across these terminals.
The Tom Bradley International Terminal specifically handles all international flights, welcoming and sending off travelers from various destinations worldwide.
Air Canada currently operates from Terminal 6 at LAX Airport. The departure and arrival flights are handled from Terminal 6.
Air Canada Services at LAX Airport
- Ticket Counter
- Self-Service Kiosks
- Baggage Services
- Maple Leaf Lounge
- Customer Service
- Food and Shopping Facilities
Air Canada Flight Requirements (To/From the United States)
- Arrival Time at the Airport – 120 minutes prior to the departure, 180 minutes before departure (From Toronto–YYZ, and Montreal–YUL)
- Check-in/Baggage Drop-off Closing Time – 60 minutes before departure, 90 minutes before departure from Toronto (YYZ)
- Boarding Gate Deadline – 30 minutes before departure
- Boarding Gate Closing Time – 15 minutes before departure
IMPORTANT NOTE: Passengers traveling to the United States must clear U.S. Customs, and Border Protection (CBP) prior to departure in Canada.
Air Canada customers can check-in as early as 24 hours before departure using online check-in, or mobile check-in service. Likewise, they can also check in at self-service kiosks 12 hours before departure.
TRAVELING WITH PETS?
Air Canada allows pets to travel both in the cabin and in the baggage compartment.
However, you need to adhere to the Air Canada Pet Policy to travel safely with your pets.
LAX Airport Ground Transportation Facility
- FlyAway Nonstop Bus Service – The FlyAway nonstop bus service provides transportation between LAX and Union Station and Van Nuys.
- LAX Transporation – Free shuttle transportation is provided for terminal-to-terminal connections.
- Taxi Cab Service – There are a variety of Taxi services that operate to and from LAX. Taxis drop passengers off at their terminals on the Upper/Departures Level.
- Ride Apps – Lyft, Opoli, and Uber are the authorized providers of ride app services at LAX.
- Car Rental Service – Rental Car offices are located off-airport, away from airline terminals.
- Public Transportation – Several public transit providers serve LAX, including L.A. Metro, Culver City Bus Lines, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus, Torrance Transit, and Beach Cities Transit.
- Hotel Shuttles – Many major airport-area hotels provide courtesy transportation from LAX terminals.
- Scheduled Buses – Buses provide service from LAX to various parts of Los Angeles and some surrounding regions.
Air Canada LAX Terminal Map
The layout of the nine terminals at LAX forms a horseshoe or ‘U’ shape, as depicted in the terminal map image below.
On the northern side, you will find Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3, while on the southern side, you’ll find Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Terminal B is situated near Terminal 3 and Terminal 4.
Air Canada primarily operates from Terminal 6 at LAX Airport which is opposite Terminal 2. All arrivals and departures for flights to and from LAX are handled within these terminals.
What terminal is Air Canada Departures at LAX?
All Air Canada Departure flights from LAX Airport are operated from Terminal 6. Passengers are recommended to check their flight status for terminal changes or updates.
Facilities including self-service kiosks, lounges, parking, washrooms, elevators, baggage service, security screening, and so on are available at the departure terminal.
What terminal is Air Canada Arrivals at LAX?
Like departures, all Air Canada arrival flights are also handled from Terminal 6 at LAX Airport.
Baggage claims, food & shopping facilities, washrooms, escalators, elevators, arrival gates, ground transportation including rental cars, and so on are offered at the arrival terminal.
Does Air Canada have a lounge at LAX?
Air Canada offers its Maple Leaf Lounge service at several airports worldwide among which LAX is one.
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at LAX airport is located in Terminal 6, and operates daily from 4:15 to 22:00.
Facilities at Maple Leaf Lounge in LAX
- Complimentary Light Snacks, and Beverages
- News and Entertainment
- Cell-Free Quiet Zone
- Business Centers, and Workstations
- Printer, Copiers, and Fax Services
Air Canada passengers holding the following qualifications are eligible to access Maple Leaf Lounge and enjoy the amenities.
- Air Canada Signature Class, and Business Class Ticket Holders
- Passengers traveling in Premium Rouge
- Customers holding Altitude Super Elite, Aeroplan 50K, and Aeroplan 35K membership
- Star Alliance Gold Members
- Maple Leaf Club Members
- Aeroplan Black Cardmembers
Food and Shopping Facilities at LAX
Don’t have access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at LAX? Don’t worry because you can enjoy food, and beverages at several high-quality restaurants in LAX Terminal 6.
|RESTAURANTS||LOCATION AT LAX TERMINAL 6|
|California Pizza Kitchen||After TSA (Terminal 6)|
|WPizza||Near Gate 62 (Level 3)|
|The Wine Bar||Near Gate 62 (Level 3)|
|The Kitchen||Near Gate 62 (Level 3)|
|Starbucks||Near Gate 60 (Level 3)|
|Osteria by Fabio Viviani||Level 3|
|Point The Way Cafe||Near Gate 65B (Level 3)|
|Earthbar||Near Gate 64A (Level 3)|
|Peets||Near Gate 64A (Level 3)|
|Wahoo’s Fish Taco||Near Gate 65B (Level 3)|
|The Habit||Near Gate 64B (Level 3)|
|Blu2O Bar||Near Gate 66 (Level 3)|
Moreover, passengers can purchase various goods from retail shops, and duty-free in Terminal 6.
DFS Duty Free, Access Hollywood, Belkin, Gameway, MAC Cosmetics, Market 8600, M. Fredric, See’s Candies, and Sunset News are some of the newsstands, and shops in LAX Terminal 6.
Where to park when flying out of LAX?
You will find seven parking locations between the nine terminals at Los Angeles Int’l (LAX). The available parking spaces include Parking 1, Parking 2A, Parking 2B, Parking 3, Parking 4, Parking 5, Parking 6 and Parking 7.
Parking locations 1, 7, 6, and 2A are close to Terminal 6 so, Air Canada passengers can use these spaces to park their vehicles.
LAX delivers a reserved parking system with which you can book and pre-pay for parking spaces online. You can get a free shuttle service to the terminal and avoid delays by pre-booking parking at LAX.
Parking facilities provided by the airport authority include Economy parking, central terminal area parking, electric vehicle parking, cell phone waiting lot, motorcycle and bike parking, disability placards, vendor delivery parking, special events parking, and LAX employee.
Car Rental Facility at LAX Airport
LAX airport offers the services of over 10 car rental companies to its customers. However, it’s important to note that these rental providers are situated away from the airline terminals at LAX. This means that all car rental companies operate from off-site locations.
Upon arrival at LAX, passengers can locate the car rental companies by heading to the Lower/Arrivals Level islands outside the baggage claim area. Look for the purple “Rental Car Shuttles” sign, which will guide you to the designated area where the car rental shuttles are available.
The available car rental companies at LAX Airport are listed below.
If you are an AAA member, AARP member, active-duty military personnel, national guard, and federal government employee, you get exclusive car rental discounts, and benefits.
(Check out the following blogs to grab the discounts, and amenities.)
How to get car rental discounts with AAA?
A Comprehensive Guide to Car Rental Discounts with AARP.
Discover Military Discounts for Car rental services.
Explore 15+ PRO TIPS to get cheaper car rental discounts every time.
In addition, there are other remote rental car depot services located at the intersection of Century, and Airport Boulevards. Arriving passengers need to wait for the PINK LAX shuttle sign on the Lower/Arrivals level in front of each terminal, and board the “Metro Connector” Shuttle.
Remote Car Rental Companies at LAX Airport
- Able Car Rental/Allied Rent A Car
- Ace Rent A Car
- Airport Van Rental
- Green Motion Car Rental
- Lyft Rentals
- Next Car of Los Angeles
- Priceless of Los Angeles
- State Van Rental
- U-Save Car & Truck Rental
Conclusion on ‘What terminal is Air Canada at LAX?’
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is one of the significant international routes for Air Canada flights. The flag carrier connects LAX to major Canadian cities as well as connecting flights to several international routes.
We explored the Air Canada terminal at LAX Airport in this informative blog. The airline operates from Terminal 6 at LAX, and offers various services, and amenities to its valuable passengers.
We also discussed important travel tips and guidelines when traveling with Air Canada from Los Angeles Airport which is the major airport serving Greater Los Angeles, and the surrounding metropolitan area.
Let’s conclude with the key points listed below.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the major airport serving Greater Los Angeles and the surrounding region.
- There are nine terminals at LAX namely Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and Tom Bradley International Terminal or Terminal B (TBIT).
- Air Canada operates all flights from Terminal 6 at LAX. All terminal facilities including the ticket counter, baggage claim, security, and others are available.
- Air Canada offers Maple Leaf Lounge service at Los Angeles Airport located in Terminal 6. Passengers can also enjoy food, beverage, and shopping at several restaurants, and retail shops in LAX Terminal 6.
- LAX offers sufficient on-site parking facilities. Passengers can book, and secure their parking spot online.
- LAX also offers an on-site rental car facility in which 10 rental companies offer regular rental facilities.
FAQs on Air Canada Terminal at LAX Airport
Is Air Canada in the international terminal at LAX?
Air Canada is not in the international terminal at LAX Airport. Canada’s flag carrier operates from Terminal 6 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
What time does Air Canada check-in open at LAX?
Air Canada check-in typically opens 4 hours prior to departure from Canada or the United States. For other destinations, the opening time is 3 hours before departure.
How early to arrive at LAX for a flight to Canada?
Air Canada advises its passengers to arrive at least 3 hours prior to their international departure. Passengers flying to Canada from international destinations including LAX need to arrive at least 2 hours before departure.
What airlines are in Terminal 6 at LAX?
Advanced Air, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, and Southern Airways are the airlines in Terminal 6 at LAX Airport.